Dreaming vs Reality

Brndwhyn

O.G.
Jun 2, 2013
Hello Fellow TPFs,

This is my first thead that I am starting and hopefully not my last! I have been collecting LV for two years now and I recently puchased the Favorite MM before the dreaded price increase. I have a modest collection and feel that i have been very thoughtful in my purchases only buying what fits for my lifestyle. I feel that currently I am content with my handbag collection ...slgs are another matter. Hee, hee, hee...

However there are still LV bags out there that I dream of owning but in reality they are not practical for my live stlye and in some cases bank account. Bags I would love to own but not practical for my lifestyle are:

Pallas chain, Sofia Coppola, Lumineuse PM, Trevi PM, Montaigne MM (empriente leather), Saint Germain PM ... Do you ever feel the same way and if so, what are some handbags that you dream of owning but in reality dont fit your lifestyle?

Absolutely!! There are some dressier bags that I love but don't think I'd get much use out of. Even something as simple as the pochette NM vs. the Eva clutch....as much as I love the Eva, I knew I'd get more use out of the pochette so I opted for that. I still admire some of the fancier bags but wouldn't want to buy something to have it sit in my closet for special occasions only.

Yes absolutely !! there are quite a few bags that i am dreaming of but in reality i know it wont fit my life style and budget ..(not only LV but other brands too )
Alma BB..Pallas chain ..Soft Lockit.. Cappucine .. Speedy Empriente ..to name a few..

My problem is I buy then I don't use them! :shame: So now I try to sit on it for a few days and hold back from buying.

Absolutely! I'm here with you. Dreaming/sceaming and questioning the validity of it all.

I'd love to have a pallas bb- or bastille pm and it fits all the basics but the reality....I'm with kids, young kids and all of their extras. I'm rarely out without them. So...my collection is turning out to be "sensible & realistic" I can't believe the bags that have come and gone from my list of "lust-haves" and I'm grateful for not spending.

Some day, yes some day i will have the cash will be to pay for a 3k bag. But not now. For now dreaming is nice and planning is better. Being realistic of my needs without excess. For now loved canvas works well-for when bumps, bruises and messiness happens it can take a beating and I don't cry.

Thanks to a spilled soda on my speedy during a Qdoba date with my son, I now have a much healthier attitude towards my bags (and the ones I still want). Would I love a cappucine? Absolutely, but I don't want anything so precious that a little spill distracts me from valuable time with my son.

Hello Fellow TPFs,

This is my first thead that I am starting and hopefully not my last! I have been collecting LV for two years now and I recently puchased the Favorite MM before the dreaded price increase. I have a modest collection and feel that i have been very thoughtful in my purchases only buying what fits for my lifestyle. I feel that currently I am content with my handbag collection ...slgs are another matter. Hee, hee, hee...

However there are still LV bags out there that I dream of owning but in reality they are not practical for my live stlye and in some cases bank account. Bags I would love to own but not practical for my lifestyle are:

Pallas chain, Sofia Coppola, Lumineuse PM, Trevi PM, Montaigne MM (empriente leather), Saint Germain PM ... Do you ever feel the same way and if so, what are some handbags that you dream of owning but in reality dont fit your lifestyle?
I would really like to keep bags with vachetta...especially the Azur but it rains here frequently so it is not practical for me.

The Empreinte Speedy is also gorgeous, but as with all expensive bags I tend to baby them and as a result do not get to enjoy them as much.

I absolutely feel the same way! I love all of the travel pieces and the small evening bags but I don't travel much nor do I dress up and go out often, at least not now that our 3 kiddos are still school age. Right now I stick to the more everyday bags, neverfull, speedy, crossbodys. But life changes, the kids will grow up and eventually I do plan to travel and dress up every now and then;) so I keep those items on my long-term wish list.

For me, I telework only going in the office two days a week so that limits my work bags. And for the most part I just hang around the house. I do go shopping and to church sometimes but that is also limited to the weekend, hence my modest collection.

For me, I telework only going in the office two days a week so that limits my work bags. And for the most part I just hang around the house. I do go shopping and to church sometimes but that is also limited to the weekend, hence my modest collection.

I work from home too so if I got a really fancy bag it's not like I have too many places to wear it.
I wanted a Sofia Coppola for a while. Could save up for it. It would sit in the closet because I rarely get the occasion to wear such a fancy thing. I wish I had more life events which could justify owning an SC but until that's true I'll wear something more basic and save my cash.

I work in a hospital, wearing scrubs all the time. I also have young kids so most of these bags will never be a reality for me. I love admiring them but I know I can never wear it as there is just no way or opportunity for them:smile: