Pics of my recent splurges - gold Phoebe and Bleecker mini duffles.

Dec 29, 2013
I love the two Phoebes I have (black violet and pintuck grey birch), but am so disappointed that they've been replaced by the inferior Edie (which I had high hopes for, she just didn't live up to my expectations). I had my eye on the gold Phoebe for a long time and was hoping to get it on sale, but when they took them out of the Coach stores once they got their fall inventory in, I panicked. I had to have the gold Phoebe, even if cheapo me had to pay full price!! So they special ordered it for me. The leather is so scrumptious, so much nicer than the newer bags, imo. I looooove it! Beautiful metallic color without being gaudy. I like that it's actually more bronze than gold.

While I was picking up my Phoebe from the store, the black mini duffle with grommets caught my eye. Hmmm...I was going to a baseball game the next night and had been wanting a bag to fit my wallet and a few other items for such events. This would be perfect! I decided to get it since they would price match Macy's.

I took it to the game and my little Bleecker mini duffle sat nicely on my lap the whole time without being in the way. It was not too small where I could barely fit my necessities, and not too big where I feel like I'm carrying the kitchen sink. It was just right - smaller than my usual purses, but roomy and lightweight. I ended up doubling the strap, but like that it could be worn crossbody as well.

I loved it so much, I decided to order another from Macy's. I went out of my comfort zone and got the purple iris. I'm not one to carry bright bags usually, but this is one gorgeous purple and will be a fun bag to carry when I want a pop of color without investing too much in a bag I may not wear that often. And since you had to get two items to get the 25% off, I also ordered the gold mini skinny which happened to be on sale too.

I want to add that my items from Macy's arrived packaged beautifully. I didn't know what to expect as I'm spoiled with how nicely Coach packages their items, but I was impressed.

One more thing. I have a problem. Even though I knew I had to get the purple iris, it was a touch decision as the grey and the brindle are beautiful neutrals. I'm actually considering getting another while I can get it on sale (since Coach doesn't do PCEs anymore). First question, grey or brindle? Second question, now or wait? Addendum to my second question, do you think I'll find it on sale again? I don't get to the outlets much so don't really want to wait too long...

If you made it this far, thanks for letting me share my story. :smile:

And here are my new purchases, the color is a little off, sorry.

Attachments

• phoebe.JPG
    phoebe.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • duffles.JPG
    duffles.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,093
I love the two Phoebes I have (black violet and pintuck grey birch), but am so disappointed that they've been replaced by the inferior Edie (which I had high hopes for, she just didn't live up to my expectations). I had my eye on the gold Phoebe for a long time and was hoping to get it on sale, but when they took them out of the Coach stores once they got their fall inventory in, I panicked. I had to have the gold Phoebe, even if cheapo me had to pay full price!! So they special ordered it for me. The leather is so scrumptious, so much nicer than the newer bags, imo. I looooove it! Beautiful metallic color without being gaudy. I like that it's actually more bronze than gold.

While I was picking up my Phoebe from the store, the black mini duffle with grommets caught my eye. Hmmm...I was going to a baseball game the next night and had been wanting a bag to fit my wallet and a few other items for such events. This would be perfect! I decided to get it since they would price match Macy's.

I took it to the game and my little Bleecker mini duffle sat nicely on my lap the whole time without being in the way. It was not too small where I could barely fit my necessities, and not too big where I feel like I'm carrying the kitchen sink. It was just right - smaller than my usual purses, but roomy and lightweight. I ended up doubling the strap, but like that it could be worn crossbody as well.

I loved it so much, I decided to order another from Macy's. I went out of my comfort zone and got the purple iris. I'm not one to carry bright bags usually, but this is one gorgeous purple and will be a fun bag to carry when I want a pop of color without investing too much in a bag I may not wear that often. And since you had to get two items to get the 25% off, I also ordered the gold mini skinny which happened to be on sale too.

I want to add that my items from Macy's arrived packaged beautifully. I didn't know what to expect as I'm spoiled with how nicely Coach packages their items, but I was impressed.

One more thing. I have a problem. Even though I knew I had to get the purple iris, it was a touch decision as the grey and the brindle are beautiful neutrals. I'm actually considering getting another while I can get it on sale (since Coach doesn't do PCEs anymore). First question, grey or brindle? Second question, now or wait? Addendum to my second question, do you think I'll find it on sale again? I don't get to the outlets much so don't really want to wait too long...

If you made it this far, thanks for letting me share my story. :smile:

And here are my new purchases, the color is a little off, sorry.
Gorgeous!! I love your minis too! I keep debating b/w the grommets vs non, and the color. I've had the purple iris on my mind. Now if they came out with teal I'd be a goner. I would go with the Olive Grey over the Brindle...that's just personal preference because I really like the OG. The 25% is good with the Macy's sale and then you wouldn't have to wait and could start using the bag right away. The mini duffles are great bags that won't go out of style and you can get lots of use out of them. Let us know what you decide!

Congrats and twins on the gold phoebe, my FAVORITE of my six. The leather is amazing. It glows!

I would pick brindle, but I just love those warm caramel colored browns. It's a duplicate of an old color Coach did 10+ years ago called doe.

Gorgeous!! I love your minis too! I keep debating b/w the grommets vs non, and the color. I've had the purple iris on my mind. Now if they came out with teal I'd be a goner. I would go with the Olive Grey over the Brindle...that's just personal preference because I really like the OG. The 25% is good with the Macy's sale and then you wouldn't have to wait and could start using the bag right away. The mini duffles are great bags that won't go out of style and you can get lots of use out of them. Let us know what you decide!

Thank you! Actually is was the Grey duffle I was considering. While I like the olive grey with the grommets, I didn't think I needed another grommet bag, so I was considering the plain grey one. Decisions, decisions. I agree they are great bags that won't go out of style. And even though it's not a bag I'd use daily like my Phoebe, I know I will get good use out of them. I need to decide while I can still get 25% off!

Beautiful bags! I love the mini duffles. I vote for Brindle - I think it looks better in the plain duffle. But if you go for the grommets again, the olive gray is a beautiful sage green in certain lighting. The plain gray in the plain duffle seemed a little stiff to me. I ended up with the black plain, the olive gray grommet, and the brick grommet in the big duffle. (I'm all grommeted out now!)

Congrats and twins on the gold phoebe, my FAVORITE of my six. The leather is amazing. It glows!

I would pick brindle, but I just love those warm caramel colored browns. It's a duplicate of an old color Coach did 10+ years ago called doe.

Thank you Jane! Your pics and raves of your gold Phoebe is what sold me. :biggrin:

When I saw the Brindle color in person, I was intrigued. It's a really nice warm caramel brown that isn't too orange or red or anything. Perfect really. You may have just helped me decide. :P

Beautiful bags! I love the mini duffles. I vote for Brindle - I think it looks better in the plain duffle. But if you go for the grommets again, the olive gray is a beautiful sage green in certain lighting. The plain gray in the plain duffle seemed a little stiff to me. I ended up with the black plain, the olive gray grommet, and the brick grommet in the big duffle. (I'm all grommeted out now!)

I do like the olive gray. Beautiful color. Just not sure I need two bags with grommets. Not sure if it's too trendy or if I'll get tired of it, if you know what I mean. So I am leaning towards a plain one. I think you and Jane have pushed me towards the Brindle color. Thanks for your input!!

Thank you! Actually is was the Grey duffle I was considering. While I like the olive grey with the grommets, I didn't think I needed another grommet bag, so I was considering the plain grey one. Decisions, decisions. I agree they are great bags that won't go out of style. And even though it's not a bag I'd use daily like my Phoebe, I know I will get good use out of them. I need to decide while I can still get 25% off!
Oh okay. I was thinking they made the OG w/o grommets. So in that case I'd go with Brindle.