Liberated from LOVE bracelet!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
OMG. I cannot believe I am posting this but it is absolutely the truth! In the last 3 months or so, I have become a "stomach sleeper". Well, that WG Love bangle has been the greatest annoyance ever. Basically it gets sandwiched between matress and my wrist on top - when laying on stomach. And sometimes, my hands are under pillow that my head rests on while I sleep. So bracelet is always in middle between 2 items denting my wrist when I try to sleep. Never was an issue for side sleeping or back sleeping. I have 2 trips coming up so I finally removed bracelet (slows us down at airport security) and I had best sleep ever! Now I'm glad I have a RG cuff and a YG cuff. Guess my daughter will get the WG bangle unless I change my sleep position!

OMG. I cannot believe I am posting this but it is absolutely the truth! In the last 3 months or so, I have become a "stomach sleeper". Well, that WG Love bangle has been the greatest annoyance ever. Basically it gets sandwiched between matress and my wrist on top - when laying on stomach. And sometimes, my hands are under pillow that my head rests on while I sleep. So bracelet is always in middle between 2 items denting my wrist when I try to sleep. Never was an issue for side sleeping or back sleeping. I have 2 trips coming up so I finally removed bracelet (slows us down at airport security) and I had best sleep ever! Now I'm glad I have a RG cuff and a YG cuff. Guess my daughter will get the WG bangle unless I change my sleep position!

How long did you wear the Love?

This is one reason it doesn't appeal to me, just the idea of wearing it 24/7 turns me off.

I like the look of the full bracelet but find the cuff much more practical. I have toyed with the idea of getting a full Love to stack with my YG cuff but I know I wouldn't be able to stand having it on my wrist all the time. I currently take my cuff off to shower, clean, exercise and sleep, both to protect it from scratches/wear and because I can't stand having anything on my wrist doing any of those activities. The only piece/pieces of jewellery I keep on 24-7 are my diamond studs.

Haha! I definitely had to get accustomed to sleeping with mine since I frequently put my arm under my head. Now I just put my arm under the pillow, so it was cool for me. But I understand what you are saying. I have one bangle and one cuff and I do like that I can take the cuff when I want to. I will usually take off the cuff when working in the yard or doing anything strenous. I cover my bangle with a band when I need to.

I have been wearing my LOVE bracelet almost one month. I sleep with my arm under my pillow and haven't found it uncomfortable. Wearing it 24/7 doesn't bother me. I guess I had wanted one for so many years I just don't notice any down side to the bracelet. 😃

I'm glad you are sleeping better now, as with all things, what is aggravating to one person is not even noticeable to another. 😃

Sounds like you will be enjoying your cuff. I'm sure your daughter will be very happy the LOVE bracelet was interrupting your sleep. LOL

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

I had a tiffany bangle eye-and-hook type bangle that I loved. Wore it 24/7, but I think part of the reason I did was because I knew I could take it off if I wanted. I can't commit to an always on jade bangle, so there is no way love would stay on.

You lasted way longer than I could have. Your DD will welcome her luck! lol

I wore 2 LOVE bangles (one on my right and one on my left wrist) for 2 years straight and I took a break off of them for a year and I started wearing them back on again. Its a love and hate relationship I swear.

Thank you for this info, I now find it harder than ever to commit to the bangle. After the stories of bracelets falling off too. I have a cuff and like being able to take it off and the fact that it fits my wrist better. However I actually prefer the look of the bangle. Back to the drawing board. Sleep well!

I wear both of mine's daily with no issues but I have a business trip coming up so I know this is going to be a problem and I will probably have to remove them. That's my only down side!

I had been wearing my WG 4-diamond Love 24/7 since late December in 2010 until last summer when I sent it for polishing to the boutique. When I got it back, I started wearing it 24/7 again. But, after I got my JUC in May, I could not stand wearing my Love.

I can really forget about my JUC, but I sometimes have to position my Love correctly while sleeping, etc. Then I've stopped wearing my Love. I can understand the "liberated feelings." The point is, JUC is much more comfy, and you can take it off every day if you want.

But, I still love Love! I still think if I get the right size for me, it will be comfortable. And in the right color! I really don't know why I chose WG easily, without comparing to PG. Perhaps, I was too much worried about the matching with my platinum e-ring....:nogood:

Dumb question perhaps, but why can't you take the bangle on and off? Forgetting the sentiment behind it for a minute, does Cartier just not guarantee the wear and tear at the closure bit? The unscrewing and screwing wears away too much gold? i would love one but would never wear jewellery 24/7. Everything comes off as soon as i walk in the door.....

I wear both of mine's daily with no issues but I have a business trip coming up so I know this is going to be a problem and I will probably have to remove them. That's my only down side!

NO! There's no need to worry about taking off your LOVES! I have the cuff and walked through airport security and didnt take off my cuff or Hermes KDT bracelet. They just waived the metal detector batwan and let me go! So no need to damage the screws. Hope this helps ;)