Jimmy Choo Shoe glue turning brown?

nita

Handbag Freak!
Jul 16, 2006
Hi,

Anyone had an issue with glue leakage during storage with their Choos? I have a pair of light colored satin Choos that are already several years old, but today I noticed that during the past two years or so, brown glue marks have appeared to the linings of the shoe - inside as well as outside.

It seems that the glue that was once transparent has turned brown during the past years and shows now how carelessly the shoes have been manufactured :sad:. These marks are both on the inside (satin/leather) and outside (satin/satin) of the shoe.

The shoes were bought in a boutique in Europe but my country does not have a Choo boutique :sad:.

What is your opinion? Should the shoes look like this after a few year's storage or is there some quality issues involved?

I attach two pics.
a>

Attachments

• Rajattu1.jpg
    Rajattu1.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Rajattu2.jpg
    Rajattu2.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 288
Hi,

Anyone had an issue with glue leakage during storage with their Choos? I have a pair of light colored satin Choos that are already several years old, but today I noticed that during the past two years or so, brown glue marks have appeared to the linings of the shoe - inside as well as outside.

It seems that the glue that was once transparent has turned brown during the past years and shows now how carelessly the shoes have been manufactured :sad:. These marks are both on the inside (satin/leather) and outside (satin/satin) of the shoe.

The shoes were bought in a boutique in Europe but my country does not have a Choo boutique :sad:.

What is your opinion? Should the shoes look like this after a few year's storage or is there some quality issues involved?

I attach two pics.
a>
I have never noticed this on any of my Choos. I am wondering if humidity or heat may have caused it. Or maybe just age with satin shoes...

I have never noticed this on any of my Choos. I am wondering if humidity or heat may have caused it. Or maybe just age with satin shoes...

The thing is that there has not been any exposure to humidity or heat as these have been really carefully stored in their original bag ang box in my closet during the years... Might be the wrong combination of glue and satin fabric... To me, it seems like a manufacturing defect. :cry:

The thing is that there has not been any exposure to humidity or heat as these have been really carefully stored in their original bag ang box in my closet during the years... Might be the wrong combination of glue and satin fabric... To me, it seems like a manufacturing defect. :cry:
It could be when you wore them they had dust in that area and it just has darkened. Satin will do that. You might want to post in the shoe forum and ask about satin shoes having this issue over time.