LV Soft Lockit: is it a timeless classic or just another IT bag?

duna

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
I have fallen in love with the LV Soft Lockit bag: since it's quite expensive I would like it to last, maybe not as timeless as a Hermès bag, but I don't want to buy an IT bag which will be dated in 1 or 2 years time.

I'm on the fence, what do you guys think?? TIA:smile:

I don't want to post this in the LV Forum as they would be biased, lol!

For me, the Lockit is a timeless classic. What do people call an it bag, anyway? A best selling bag which will last only one year or two? The Lockit, like the Speedy or the Neverfull are here to stay, in my opinion.

While it is quite new...I still don't feel it is a it bag. I don't see anyone at LA sporting this bag like other LV bags. I feel it would be a modern classic along with the Artsy.

I'd say timeless classic but I might be biased- I want one! It does seem like it'd be a timeless classic though... as compared to say, a Celine Luggage, which is what I think is more of an IT bag.

Having seen it now, I think it's too trendy - everybody's doing something with the "ears". Although I will say, of this 'type' - LV has done it the nicest.

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-lockit-mm-special-handbags--M94592_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-lockit-mm-special-handbags--M94592_PM2_Front view.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 158
It's beautiful when stuffed-- I considered it for my next purchase but I saw this celebrity picture who was using it as a normal person with the long strap and it was hideous! For me, I need a little more structure, so for me it's pretty to look at but a no no for my day to day use.