What to Do???

Jan 21, 2013
So long story short, I have made several purchases lately :smile: and in part of my collection was an unused Monogram Zippy Wallet that I just didn't care for. I listed it on Craigslist and had a lady email me offering to exchange her brand new Neverfull GM for the wallet (plus I gave her $100). We met, made the exchange and I came home to realize that it was the MM not the GM (Already have an MM). She gave me the receipt so I went to the store and told my SA the story and asked if I could exchange it and order a Mon Monogram GM. She told me they couldn't actually do the Mon Monogram from the store but that I could exchange it for a regular GM. Bummed but what was I to do as it turned out the MM had actually been purchased 32 days ago I decided to go for it and got the new GM with Cerise interior as she was doing me a favor. (She also knew the lady i had bought it from and commented on how crazy the lady was for constantly buying and returning things).

Came home, checked it out and while it's nice I want the mon monogram so I put it up on Craigslist listing it for $100 less than what i paid. I've had two people already contact me within 20 minutes but they all want to meet at the store to guarantee it's authenticity. I obviously don't want to do that as my SA will think I'm nuts.

What to do, what to do....

Last edited:
Hmmm, I sell on CL a lot and I would never agree to meet at a boutique. The SA's can't really authenticate (or not authorized to...) so if anyone mentioned that I'd simply tell them they're not authorized to do that and they're free to go on their own afterwards. But, I do usually meet them at my local mall in public- which doesn't happen to have an LV boutique, thank God! The last time I had someone come to my house she was a major whack a doodle and didn't bring the agreed upon amount and gave sob stories about a dying dog, broken engagement, etc. She even had her mother call me who wanted to mail me a check, send copies of her DL, etc! I'm not saying everyone's crazy but there are a lot of weirdos and scammers on CL who try to play on your sympathy. I've also met a lot of nice people too, but, I feel your pain!!

I'd post it on Bonanza.com along with CL and at worst, evilbay--if you sell on there....

Hmmm, I sell on CL a lot and I would never agree to meet at a boutique. The SA's can't really authenticate (or not authorized to...) so if anyone mentioned that I'd simply tell them they're not authorized to do that and they're free to go on their own afterwards. But, I do usually meet them at my local mall in public- which doesn't happen to have an LV boutique, thank God! The last time I had someone come to my house she was a major whack a doodle and didn't bring the agreed upon amount and gave sob stories about a dying dog, broken engagement, etc. She even had her mother call me who wanted to mail me a check, send copies of her DL, etc! I'm not saying everyone's crazy but there are a lot of weirdos and scammers on CL who try to play on your sympathy. I've also met a lot of nice people too, but, I feel your pain!!

I'd post it on Bonanza.com along with CL and at worst, evilbay--if you sell on there....

I also always meet in a public place! I think some people use the whole "meet me at the store" as their litmus test for authenticity.

Did you have to pay extra to lv for exchanging?
So your out zippy wallet, $100 and $ what you paid lv to exchange....
I think you should keep this one. I think you were lucky to get the lady to swap the mm for zippy+$100 .. you were like $300 ahead with that
.... Keep babe, lucky to be able to exchange it at all :smile: xo