Question about Buying Luggage Tags at the Boutique

Sep 8, 2012
When buying LV luggage tags (the ones in Monogram and DE), do you need to show a receipt of a bag that shows it originally came with a luggage tag? I've just been informed by my SA this afternoon that this is the new protocol now (they say it was issued from Paris HQ) and that they don't sell luggage tags unless you show this receipt. I wanted to get one for my DE Speedy. Has anyone else encountered this?

Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a luggage tag if your bag originally has one.

Yes I tried to purchase a Fuchsia leather luggage tag and the SA over the phone asked me what item it originally came off of. She said that she could order it as a "replacement part" if I had a luggage item. I told her it was for a Fuchsia Epi Neverfull and she basically said no.

Looks like I won't be getting a luggage tag either...

Yes I tried to purchase a Fuchsia leather luggage tag and the SA over the phone asked me what item it originally came off of. She said that she could order it as a "replacement part" if I had a luggage item. I told her it was for a Fuchsia Epi Neverfull and she basically said no.

Looks like I won't be getting a luggage tag either...
For the price we pay for LV bags, I kinda felt bad when I heard the news. It's not as if I was going to put the luggage tag on a purse of a different brand.

Last edited:
I emailed LV customer services about buying a luggage tag and got this email back this morning.. Is it just in the US this rule applies currently? I am in the UK and am dying to get a tag :sad:

Attachments

• 1410944585071.jpg
    1410944585071.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,652
I have the same answer with LV Australia three months ago I think when I rang to make a phone order :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: But when I walked into the store, it is a completely different story but nowsaday they don't have it on hand :\

I emailed LV customer services about buying a luggage tag and got this email back this morning.. Is it just in the US this rule applies currently? I am in the UK and am dying to get a tag :sad:
I tried calling twice (on different days and different SAs) and got the same results. I'll visit the boutique tomorrow and try my luck.

Hi I went into bond st to get my luggage tag I left it there to be heat stamped and collected it two days later and it only cost me £32 :smile:

When buying LV luggage tags (the ones in Monogram and DE), do you need to show a receipt of a bag that shows it originally came with a luggage tag? I've just been informed by my SA this afternoon that this is the new protocol now (they say it was issued from Paris HQ) and that they don't sell luggage tags unless you show this receipt. I wanted to get one for my DE Speedy. Has anyone else encountered this?

Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a luggage tag if your bag originally has one.
Yep.. i was told they are now only "repair items" meaning they can only give them to you if your current one is damaged

I read this rumors too about not be able to buy luggage tags since I haven't got luggage items. Thats the reason I want to be quick and get some as they were a long time on my wishlist. So I bought these 3 beauties instad of the balloon charm which I was supposed to buy