What should I do - bag or no bag?

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
I have not been around in a long time. How has everyone been? I may be only one who likes the KL punching bag but it may be more because of the representation - love the the wink wink nudge snark of Karl and I am all into my boxing gym. My right hook is coming right along!

It would be my 40th birthday present. The supply is so low that I have to decide. Originally I wanted a Hermes Kelly but I've been on the waitlist since January and haven't heard a thing so I've kind of given up hope. What I really want is a special car. DH keeps saying next year given that we still have renovations to do around the house but now he is hinting at things - he asked for the website for the car and what colors I like. We saw one going to the game on Sunday and he kept saying how much he loved it and now he wants one (he is sooo not into cars) and then he said, after a few glasses of wine, not to buy anything. I was kind of offended as I haven't been shopping at all except for running stuff as I'm prepping for my half marathons. I don't even go out since I refuse to mess up my nutritional plan. And I consigned FOUR of my LV bags!

Then he said, not to buy anything big so that he could actually surprise me for my birthday. He knows I want that punching bag and $4000 would be considered big for us. But I do not think he realizes that the quantities are soooo limited and that he can't just roll in LV in December hoping to find one!

Please help - I don't want to hurt him but I also don't want to miss out. I know there is no right answer and my life will continue on exactly as it is with or without a bag. But I've been waiting so long for this iconoclast collaboration, not buying any bags and even downsizing!

Last edited:
The heart wants what the heart wants! This is such a special piece that I doubt you would ever find one on the resale market later if you miss it, and if you did I imagine the price will be really steep! Try talking to DH and see if you can get it now and if he really wants you to wait to stash it away until your birthday. Good luck!!!

I am going to be completely honest with you and tell you what I would do, not what you should do. First, I would talk to my husband and tell him how limited the quantities are for this bag. Your husband already knows you love bags, so he will get that this means something to you. After that I would leave it alone. You are renovating your absolutely gorgeous home so, I would just focus on that. He has a reason for telling you not to buy anything. You may be giving up something way better than a bag if you push this and I don't mean just material things.... allow your husband to surprise you, it means something to him. If the bag is meant to be yours it will be, if not you will still have your surprise from the man who obviously loves you, a beautiful home and quite a few other beautiful bags. I definitely would not buy the bag without him knowing about it. The reality is that I would never be able to completely enjoy the bag if I went against his wishes.

I 100% agree with the above post. Let your husband do something special for you. Husbands love to surprise their wives :smile: Even if it's not the KL bag.
With all the other things you seem to have, you need to find your place of being content and happy with what you HAVE. Not dwell on what you WANT. Just my opinion.....

LOL just to be clear in my comment I was saying talk to your hubby about how much it means to you and see if hubby will buy it for you now and stash it away until your birthday! :P I agree with DOVELV, it is not worth upsetting hubby. But, I am sure you already feel this way!

LOL just to be clear in my comment I was saying talk to your hubby about how much it means to you and see if hubby will buy it for you now and stash it away until your birthday! :P I agree with DOVELV, it is not worth upsetting hubby. But, I am sure you already feel this way!

Whew! I'm glad you clarified this LOL! I was wondering....cuz I usually agree with your comments!!! :smile:

I 100% agree with the above post. Let your husband do something special for you. Husbands love to surprise their wives :smile: Even if it's not the KL bag.
With all the other things you seem to have, you need to find your place of being content and happy with what you HAVE. Not dwell on what you WANT. Just my opinion.....

Well said my friend! I agree 100%.
Some get wrapped up in "things" and forget about the feelings of the people we love..
I say wait for the surprise.

Thank you all for the advice - it is spot on. I think I am just feeling low since I am tired and sore. And I am really not thrilled about turning 40 - lol! But no bag is going to transport be back in time!

Thank you all for the advice - it is spot on. I think I am just feeling low since I am tired and sore. And I am really not thrilled about turning 40 - lol! But no bag is going to transport be back in time!

Awwwww....it's ok! I turned 44 this year so I get it. Just remember you can only gain wisdom by experience and living! You are a very blessed 39 year old and so was I but it was something about changing the number to 40 on all of my programmed workout equipment that made me a little sad:P Now I don't really think about it. Hang in there! We're all here for you:hugs:

Whew! I'm glad you clarified this LOL! I was wondering....cuz I usually agree with your comments!!! :smile:
LOL, yes after rereading my comment I could see how it could be misconstrued! That is the problem with comments, emails, and texts...they don't always end up coming across with the meaning we intended.

I am rapidly approaching the big 4-0 myself, so I can totally relate! :hugs: Good luck with your upcoming half marathons!!! I am a runner myself and get so much enjoyment from it.

I am rapidly approaching the big 4-0 myself, so I can totally relate! :hugs: Good luck with your upcoming half marathons!!! I am a runner myself and get so much enjoyment from it.

We have an active running group in the mind -body-fitness area of TPF . . . join us! :smile:

Awwwww....it's ok! I turned 44 this year so I get it. Just remember you can only gain wisdom by experience and living! You are a very blessed 39 year old and so was I but it was something about changing the number to 40 on all of my programmed workout equipment that made me a little sad:P Now I don't really think about it. Hang in there! We're all here for you:hugs:

I did not even think about that! LOL!

Age is just a number and life is so short ...so take time to enjoy your Birthday. If you prepay for the KL bag you are guaranteed to receive it ...I love the KL design as it so tongue -in-cheek and still can't believe they said it was OK for KL to design a punching bag:smile:

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your day