Seller used the item I bought, and it got stolen

Sallydarling

Feb 14, 2010
I finally found my HG bag on eBay and bought it and paid and all was good. We had some difficulties regarding the shipping address, but we worked it out. The seller was supposed to ship my bag tomorrow, but I got some bad news today - she had wore the bag today and it got stolen!!

I'm so upset now, I don't know what to do! I'm just devastated :crybaby:

Im sorry your bag is gone OP... but first of all, why is she using the item especially when you've already paid for it. Thats rude, no? Second, Im thinking its probably just sellers remorse. It's just odd to me that she would admit to wearing the bag especially since she's already sold it. Have some respect and get it ready for shipment, not use it one last time before you ship.

Just get your $$$ back :sad: Hopefully your HG will pop back up on ebay...

Im sorry your bag is gone OP... but first of all, why is she using the item especially when you've already paid for it. Thats rude, no? Second, Im thinking its probably just sellers remorse. It's just odd to me that she would admit to wearing the bag especially since she's already sold it. Have some respect and get it ready for shipment, not use it one last time before you ship.

I know, right? Especially since she said once before I paid that she kind of regretted the deal because I got it via the Best Offer. And she also said after I paid that she regretted. I also thought that she just no longer wants to sell it because I got it at a good price, but what can I do .. She offered a full refund, but that really doesn't help me much :sad:

I just can't believe this seller has the nerve to tell you she has actually "used"
the bag after you bought it & before she shipped it. Seller's remorse or not, she's got global b*lls!!

Stolen??? Not buying that either, sorry to say!

I would leave this seller a negative....without any reservation whatsoever..

OP, I know you are disappointed but you will find the bag.. Be patient
& it will turn up..

Weird stuff does happen sometimes but I'm pretty skeptical of this story, too. If she had second thoughts about selling the bag she should have just told you that. It's not any better of an excuse but at least it's honest.

I probably wouldn't leave the seller a neg for a cancellation but would consider a neutral.

I finally found my HG bag on eBay and bought it and paid and all was good. We had some difficulties regarding the shipping address, but we worked it out. The seller was supposed to ship my bag tomorrow, but I got some bad news today - she had wore the bag today and it got stolen!!

I'm so upset now, I don't know what to do! I'm just devastated :crybaby:

I don't buy that line the seller is trying to feed you. Especially since she said that she was regretting selling it.

Get your money back and keep looking for the bag of your dreams.

Weird stuff does happen sometimes but I'm pretty skeptical of this story, too. If she had second thoughts about selling the bag she should have just told you that. It's not any better of an excuse but at least it's honest.

I probably wouldn't leave the seller a neg for a cancellation but would consider a neutral.

This is more than weird... What seller in their right mind would tell
a buyer that they used the bag before shipping & then it got stolen??

The seller should have simply said she had second thoughts as you
mention... The buyer may not have liked that but at least it would
have been honest..

Its so ridiculous that it is insulting!! Really...

And with ebay's new policies, leaving a neutral will have the same
defect for the seller as a negative..& in this case, with this outrageous
excuse, the seller IMO has earned the negative.

I agree, very sad. I have listed things sold them and regretted it but my problem for listing it. I can't imagine doing that to a buyer excited. Shame on the seller. If she is telling the truth very inappropriate to wear the item that sold. The risk any seller has selling their item is the chance they may regret it but it should never be the buyer's problem. Maybe you will find another at a better price:smile:

I'm going against the tide here. Although I think it's odd that she used the bag after you'd bought and paid for it (and I don't think that's right), I'm not totally convinced that this is seller's remorse.

How many times had the seller listed and tried to sell it? Is there any other indication of the seller backing out of a transaction in the feedback?

This is more than weird... What seller in their right mind would tell
a buyer that they used the bag before shipping & then it got stolen??

The seller should have simply said she had second thoughts as you
mention... The buyer may not have liked that but at least it would
have been honest..

Its so ridiculous that it is insulting!! Really...

And with ebay's new policies, leaving a neutral will have the same
defect for the seller as a negative..& in this case, with this outrageous
excuse, the seller IMO has earned the negative.

You're assuming the seller's in their right mind. I've definitely dealt with a few eBayers who are not. I can't really guess exactly what is going on the seller's mind.

Yes, as far as defects go a neutral and neg are the same. I personally just reserve the red donuts for transactions that have gone terribly awry because the seller was either a scammer or a total psycho/abusive. That's just me.

The fact that she used the bag AFTER you paid for it is a total fail. This wasn't meant to be, and you will find your bag! I'd leave a negative simply because she used it. Like, really? lol That's just disrespectful.

Edit: And I don't leave Negatives lightly. In fact, being a Bay member since '06 I haven't left one Neg yet.

Is this the bag that you tried to have shipped to a different address? Honestly, it's possible that after that the seller didn't feel comfortable shipping to you, and rather than say that, made up a story.

Is this the bag that you tried to have shipped to a different address? Honestly, it's possible that after that the seller didn't feel comfortable shipping to you, and rather than say that, made up a story.
Yup, that's the one. Whatever reason, this is not acceptable. I agreed that the bag was to be sent to my home address and everything was good. One of two things has happened here:

a) She lied and said the bag got stolen so she could keep it herself or sell it to someone for a higher price. She initially wanted to send an invoice via PayPal rather than I pay through Pay Now button in eBay. It cost her 75 euros, which she also complained about. Therefore I suspect that the money is the main factor here. Combined with the fact that she accepted my bid at 200 euros less than the Buy It Now price it makes it more likely.

b) Wore my bag after I paid for it and someone did actually steal it.

I rarely buy pre-loved items, and after this it's going to be a while before I do it again :sad: I just wanted second opinions regarding the feedback and what I should do. As I said, usually I buy expensive things new in stores, so I don't really have muck experience with transactions on eBay going wrong.

Yup, that's the one. Whatever reason, this is not acceptable. I agreed that the bag was to be sent to my home address and everything was good. One of two things has happened here:

a) She lied and said the bag got stolen so she could keep it herself or sell it to someone for a higher price. She initially wanted to send an invoice via PayPal rather than I pay through Pay Now button in eBay. It cost her 75 euros, which she also complained about. Therefore I suspect that the money is the main factor here. Combined with the fact that she accepted my bid at 200 euros less than the Buy It Now price it makes it more likely.

b) Wore my bag after I paid for it and someone did actually steal it.

I rarely buy pre-loved items, and after this it's going to be a while before I do it again :sad: I just wanted second opinions regarding the feedback and what I should do. As I said, usually I buy expensive things new in stores, so I don't really have muck experience with transactions on eBay going wrong.

Well, my advice is just to go with your gut. Leaving a negative (or neutral) can hurt your account because sellers can see the feedback you leave for other sellers and often judge a buyer based on that. But, since you say you rarely use eBay and won't likely be back soon I'm not sure how much that would affect your decision.

If you are really incensed and want to leave a neg then go ahead and do it. Whether she just didn't want to sell the bag to you for whatever reason and made up an excuse or wore your bag after she sold it to you and lost it to theft those things are both bad for you as a buyer. If I were here I would expect some kind of blowback as far as feedback is concerned.