Audi A4 owners...

Nov 18, 2006
Do you guys like it? Im looking into buying a 1.8T model (actually my dad is looking into buying it because its his money LOL) for my 18th birthday...any pros/cons? Any comments will be appreciated!

DH and I have an A4 2.8 quattro. Love it... it's a great car, very safe... I do wish we had the 1.8 b/c it's easier on gas... but DH wouldn't hear of that!

It is small though. We have a toddler and a teenager, so with them in the car, it's full. I kind of wish we had bought the A6 instead.

But, if you don't have kids, it's probably a perfect car for you.

^^ Yeah Im 17 and its for my 18th birthday so not problem with the kids thing ;) My dad kinda like the 2.8 better too but considering IM going to be paying my gas im liking the 1.8 idea...Ill have a look at the A6 when I go to the dealership next monday...thanks for your input im really loving this car so far so im glad you like it:smile:

Heres a pic of the one im considering its so pretty in that blue:heart:
821983344.jpg

the A4is sportier, a little younger IMO, you'd probably prefer it.
We had one when they first came out, we lOVED it but it had some electrical issues.
I swear when I tell you we both almost lost fingers in the windows numerous times:lol:

This will be my second VW product (Audi is owned by VW), both with the 1.8T engine. I currently own the same generation A4 you're looking at. The 1.8T engine is a fantastic engine. Decent pickup and good on gas mileage (I get around 26mpg avg for highway and city driving). Are you going with a CPO car? What options are you wanting? I pretty much got the exact combination I wanted..1.8T, 5sp, sport suspension, black leather, sunroof. The rest I didn't really care about. I love driving her, and in the almost year that I've owned her, I've only had to have an exhaust rattle looked at (covered under warranty). The only issue I have is that the Audi dealership here only has like 5 courtesy cars, so whenever I take mine on for routine service I they never have any loaners and I have to have their shuttle take me to work. But, that's supposedly dealer specific as far as how many loaner cars they have on the lot. Aside from that, the car itself has been great so far!

I think it looks great! I test drove an Audi a while back with the 1.8L and loved it. Definitely has good pep and great gas mileage. I am sure you will love her. Be sure to post pics when you get her!

When I was looking for a car, I test drove an Audi A4 (Automatic...I can't drive stick, I tried to learn but I just couldn't) and it was very nice but ultimately I liked my Golf better (better gas mileage too), but if you like it then that's all that matters!

Audis are very safe cars and do well in reliability and crash test ratings :smile: Audi also had a great Warranty program (at least in Germany!)

^^ Yeah Im 17 and its for my 18th birthday so not problem with the kids thing ;) My dad kinda like the 2.8 better too but considering IM going to be paying my gas im liking the 1.8 idea...Ill have a look at the A6 when I go to the dealership next monday...thanks for your input im really loving this car so far so im glad you like it:smile:

Heres a pic of the one im considering its so pretty in that blue:heart:
821983344.jpg
Lovely color! We have the same car, but in silver.

the A6 is bigger, it's more like a family sedan... given your age, I'm quite certain that you will prefer the A4. It is much sportier!

Of course, I'm 34 and a parent, so sporty isn't so important to me!:roflmfao:

i dont personally own an A4 but my dad has owned 3 :yahoo:

I :love: them and I would love to have one if I didnt have my beetle :love:

Make sure you get a Certified Pre Owned Car with a warranty just incase something happens my father has only had one problem in any of his A4's and that was that his current one goes through lightbulbs like crazy :roflmfao:

Oh and that blue is gorgeous :love: thats the color or about the color my dad has right now :smile:

I have an A4 3.0 quattro, and it's a big pain. I purchased it new, an it has had so many little problems as well as big problems that if I had to choose again, I wouldn't get an Audi. My car broke down on the side of the road when it was 6 months old, a year later, a recall was put into place because it was a problem that was occurring with many 2003 A4s. My computer in my engine has had so many malfunctions, I go to my dealership every two to three weeks. I've had it towed in three times in the past three and a half years. My friend has an A4 1.8T and hers has had many problems too.

But maybe it's just my car and my friend's car, so I would say proceed with caution.

I have an A4 3.0 quattro, and it's a big pain. I purchased it new, an it has had so many little problems as well as big problems that if I had to choose again, I wouldn't get an Audi. My car broke down on the side of the road when it was 6 months old, a year later, a recall was put into place because it was a problem that was occurring with many 2003 A4s. My computer in my engine has had so many malfunctions, I go to my dealership every two to three weeks. I've had it towed in three times in the past three and a half years. My friend has an A4 1.8T and hers has had many problems too.

But maybe it's just my car and my friend's car, so I would say proceed with caution.

Are you getting the same thing fixed? If so, perhaps look into the Lemon Law.
What are the specific issues you're having?

Wow I left to go take my psychology final and I come back to all these responses thanks guys! For the warranty, the one im looking at is covered under the warranty until 2009 or 120,000 kms so 1 1/2 years...I heard they used to have mediocre service and such, but that they have completely changed in the last 10 years which is good...my dad is starting to get convinced lol hes never had an Audi, only BMWs in the last 10 years or so but I love the A4! And yeah ill probably forget about the A6 I saw one today its HUGE wayyy too huge for me:smile: Keep the comments coming guys!