DE Crossbody Advice

hippieLVoe

Mar 12, 2014
I've read every crossbody thread that i can find and I still need some help. I'd like to buy a new DE crossbody before the price increase. I currently have the Brooklyn Pochette and love it, but would like another to add to the rotation.

I have it narrowed down to the Favorite MM in DE (I read that this will come out in October, so I may have to buy it after the price increase), the Pochette NM with a coated shoulder strap added, or a Bloomsbury. Here are my questions:

1. Which will fit the most out of these 3 options?
2. Which is the most comfortable?
3. What are your thoughts about the Pochette NM with the added shoulder strap?
4. I haven't been able to find that shoulder strap on LV online, any ideas when it will be back?
5. Is it annoying to get into the Favorite because of the front flap? My first LV was a small shoulder mono purse that looks very similar to the Favorite and I found it annoying to get into. But, no bag is perfect.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I don't have the pochette nm, but do have the Favorite mm. Someone on here put the pochette nm in a Favorite mm and it fit perfectly. If anything, the favorite might/should be able to fit slightly more as it has the pleats on the side. The big diff is the zipper vs. flap. For utilitarian purposes, I would venture to say the pochette nm might be more practical given the zipper. Regarding the Favorite flap, I actually find it easy (with one hand) and convenient to lift it open and access my stuff, no scraping on a zipper, and the opening is flexible and you can open is wide if you want. I also like how versatile it is (and pretty) for all occasions...casual and elegant...short chain strap, long leather stap and clutch use w/o a strap.

I absolutely LOVE the favorite mm. It's a close second to the pochette Metis. Admittedly, the Bloomsbury fits more but I personally love the ease of access of a flap ( which doesn't come undone easily unless u lift it yourself by the way) However, I purchased my favorite mm preloved with the adjustable mono strap ( no vachetta strap) which I preferred immensely and still got it for a steal. Personally, I'd wait for the favorite mm DE to come out. The turn off of the Bloomsbury IMO is that it doesn't stand on its own too well even with items in it. GLD!!!

I don't have the pochette nm, but do have the Favorite mm. Someone on here put the pochette nm in a Favorite mm and it fit perfectly. If anything, the favorite might/should be able to fit slightly more as it has the pleats on the side. The big diff is the zipper vs. flap. For utilitarian purposes, I would venture to say the pochette nm might be more practical given the zipper. Regarding the Favorite flap, I actually find it easy (with one hand) and convenient to lift it open and access my stuff, no scraping on a zipper, and the opening is flexible and you can open is wide if you want. I also like how versatile it is (and pretty) for all occasions...casual and elegant...short chain strap, long leather stap and clutch use w/o a strap.

That's good to know that the Favorite is bigger than the Pochette NM. Also, you have a great point about not having to worry about zipper scraping with the Favorite. Thank you for your help!

I absolutely LOVE the favorite mm. It's a close second to the pochette Metis. Admittedly, the Bloomsbury fits more but I personally love the ease of access of a flap ( which doesn't come undone easily unless u lift it yourself by the way) However, I purchased my favorite mm preloved with the adjustable mono strap ( no vachetta strap) which I preferred immensely and still got it for a steal. Personally, I'd wait for the favorite mm DE to come out. The turn off of the Bloomsbury IMO is that it doesn't stand on its own too well even with items in it. GLD!!!

I do like the Pochette Metis and considered it for a few days, but I'm really wanting to get away from mono this time. Don't get me wrong, I love my mono, but I'm wanting a change from my mono Totally MM. I really appreciate you sharing the points about Bloomsbury not standing up on it's own (drawback to the Brooklyn Pochette that I own) and that the Favorite flap doesn't come undone easily. And, congrats on your great deal especially with the mono strap (I have mono eva and one vachetta crossbody strap is enough for me)!

Hope I can help a little. I'm wanting either a Pochette NM in epi or a Favorite MM either mono or DE. First point is I was at my LV boutique yesterday and asked about the Favorite MM in DE coming in Oct. I got the deer in head lights look. The manager there said she had all the pages except Dec's and she didn't see that. So she checked again and said she still doesn't find that. However, the day the Balloon charm came out I was there and asked about it and they had no idea what I was talking about either. So maybe Oct. or maybe not. Second point would be how you feel about the loop part of the strap instead of it being a clasp? I've been concerned about it. Especially after seeing in the pochette clubhouse how if they took it off and tried putting back on it could get scuffed up. Or worse, it starts splitting. So yesterday I wanted to see the epi pochette's again. I really like the fuchsia color and black. Well, they only had 2 fuchsia's in the store and both were in display cabinets. So I'm looking them over and sure enough on that little loop part on both of them it was ripped a little on one and a lot on the other. Of course I pointed out to the SA and his eyes got huge and gave me the spill "it's out on the floor and handled a lot otherwise it wouldn't do this." Hmmmmm....... So then came the conversation of how I could ALSO buy the adjustable strap that has the clasp like the Eva's on both ends and not worry about the loop. Yeah, but that's another $305 on top of $685 for epi. I know the DE or Mono pochette nm is $500, but not sure what the strap cost is? So I'm going to think about the Pochette NM for awhile and also the Favorite since it has the loop on long strap.

I personally don't find the flap on the Favorite a pain, but that's only with a few things of mine in it at the store trying it out for 5 min's. I do think the Pochette NM is smaller than the Favorite MM, but both could hold what you need for using that size of a bag. And I did try the Pochette NM on with the long strap and with things inside the bag and didn't find the zipper a problem getting in and out either. And I really loved it with the adjustable strap. So I like them both, but the Favorite MM would hold a little more. The other DE cross body bag would be the Hoxton. Don't know if you have looked at it or not. Good luck deciding.

I vote Favourite. Its stylish, roomy enough, and you can detach the strap and have the chain. I had a Bloomsbury. I liked how organized and roomy it was, with the outside pocket, and I like the zip top. It looked a bit big though. Also if you get it, make sure to inspect it thoroughly, I returned mine because the stitching on one side where the strap attaches was uneven.

I have tried both the Favorite and Bloombury. I wanted the Favorite because it was so versatile, but the strap was too short for my height (5'8") to wear crossbody. The Bloomsbury is more casual and u love that it has a zipper.

I've read every crossbody thread that i can find and I still need some help. I'd like to buy a new DE crossbody before the price increase. I currently have the Brooklyn Pochette and love it, but would like another to add to the rotation.

I have it narrowed down to the Favorite MM in DE (I read that this will come out in October, so I may have to buy it after the price increase), the Pochette NM with a coated shoulder strap added, or a Bloomsbury. Here are my questions:

1. Which will fit the most out of these 3 options?
2. Which is the most comfortable?
3. What are your thoughts about the Pochette NM with the added shoulder strap?
4. I haven't been able to find that shoulder strap on LV online, any ideas when it will be back?
5. Is it annoying to get into the Favorite because of the front flap? My first LV was a small shoulder mono purse that looks very similar to the Favorite and I found it annoying to get into. But, no bag is perfect.

Thank you in advance for your help!
I have also wanted a DE crossbody but I felt that the Bloomsbury would not be enough to carry my everyday essentials. Have you considered a Speedy B in DE?

i own the bloomsbury de, the pochette nm de and the favorite mm in mono so i can offer an opinion on the styles you mentioned. for me the best one and one i have used by far the most is the bloomsbury. it holds a lot, has a front pocket and a secure zip closure. i haven't used my favorite in a while because when worn crossbody i find that the flap closure isn't as secure as i would like. it pretty much stays closed but shifts a little as i walk. on a recent trip to vegas i carried the bloomsbury and it was perfect. i actually added an illustre charm to perk things up a bit as it is not a very blingy bag, but it was the most comfortable and convenient bag to me. good luck with your decision!

Have you thought about the Eva? It's a great cross body minus the flap and the loop strap. You get the security of a zip, and holds more than the pochette. You also have the option of DE. ;)