Chanel hardware tarnish help!!

Mcha0523

Oct 25, 2012
I have a chanel mini flap caviar bag.
I barely carried it and yesterday i just found out the hardware colour chaned in only one specific area it is upper flap inside where chain goes through. (Small round hardware) Never spilled water and all other area is in perfect shape and colour except that area. Anyone same experience? Is it fixable? It is from 2012 fall season. Please advise me it is driving me crazy. Thanks

I have a chanel mini flap caviar bag.
I barely carried it and yesterday i just found out the hardware colour chaned in only one specific area it is upper flap inside where chain goes through. (Small round hardware) Never spilled water and all other area is in perfect shape and colour except that area. Anyone same experience? Is it fixable? It is from 2012 fall season. Please advise me it is driving me crazy. Thanks

I don't know of ways to remove tarnish, but you can try with a soft tarnish cloth. Otherwise you are stuck with Chanel fixing this if it continues to bother you, but they may charge you for this. Since it's under the flap where the chain goes through, I'd just live with it, but you might just want to point it out to them in case the problem spreads more. I suppose this is yet another quality issue. :sad:

Last edited:
Can you take a picture of the tarnish? I used white paste polish for buffing jewelry on a LV lock that had not been used for years and it got rid of all the tarnish.

You might be able to get rid of the tarnish with the same paste? Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1409361104170.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1409361104170.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 2,616
Reactions: beemeowmeow
Can you take a picture of the tarnish? I used white paste polish for buffing jewelry on a LV lock that had not been used for years and it got rid of all the tarnish.

You might be able to get rid of the tarnish with the same paste? Hope this helps.

Wow, you got pretty dramatic results!

May I ask what is the brand/name of the polish you used?

Thanks so much in advance!

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. This is my jumbo, all the grommets are chipping. I have worn it 20-30 times if that... I mean the strap is almost the size of the grommet so it's going to rub.

I see yours is over a year from purchase so is mine . We should have worn them sooner. Now we get to pay for this even though we barely used them.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410563946.741061.jpg

I received a brand new beige caviar jumbo in 2012 with all grommets displaying tarnishing and peeling ~ my SA shipped it directly to me after being waitlisted approx. one month, she never opened the box and inspected it. I called her and sent her pictures; they ordered me a new jumbo and I exchanged it in person at which time we inspected the new bag together thoroughly.

Last edited:
I received a brand new beige caviar jumbo in 2012 with all grommets displaying tarnishing and peeling ~ my SA shipped it directly to me after being waitlisted approx. one month, she never opened the box and inspected it. I called her and sent her pictures; they ordered me a new jumbo and I exchanged it in person at which time we inspected the new bag together thoroughly.

See, this is a great example of something that even adequate quality control should catch. That it didn't seems to show either there is no quality control in place or that they just let any and every mistake pass. This is yet another example of quality diminishing regardless.

See, this is a great example of something that even adequate quality control should catch. That it didn't seems to show either there is no quality control in place or that they just let any and every mistake pass. This is yet another example of quality diminishing regardless.

You know, at the time it happened, it felt to me as if someone else's return was simply regurgitated to the next unsuspecting purchaser. .. It was SO obvious, it had to have been 'pushed through' the system

Reactions: littlemissha