Would you purchase a new speedy empreinte galet or preloved infini?

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
I have just recently decided I want leather speedy. The two colors I find most neutral for my wardrobe are the galet and infini. My concern is I have never bought preloved. For those of you who have, have you had any problems with repairs or anything. I am very concerned with not buying direct from store incase there are issues. However, saving a little money and getting a color no longer sold in stores does sound good. Any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

It really depends.

Can you find a pre-loved infini speedy in good condition with a good price? The boutique near me still have a new infini speedy available, so it's not impossible to find new.

I just bought the Galet speedy, I don't use it as my everyday bag and I don't think it's perfect for everyday because of its light colour, but I don't mind that at all, it's not why I bought it. But do you want to use it as a everyday bag? If not, infini seems to be a better choice.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

For the speedy, I would buy from the store just in case something goes wrong. There have been cracking and other issues that were reported on here.

I would buy the color that you want. I bought a infini speedy and secret wallet both preloved and saved a fortune.. I had to have the zipper pull replaced on my wallet and LV did the repair without a issue.
As long as the bag is authentic you will not have a problem with a repair down the road.
Sooooooo! Again I would buy the color you truly LOVE!!

Agreed, you should get the color you really want. Don't let preloved vs new make that decision for you. For that price you have to LOVE it. I brought mine back and exchanged it because I didnt love the color even though I loved the bag. It makes a lot of difference!

I own both colors and both are amazing! The infini is my favorite dark neutral and the galet is my favorite light. Go with what color you love most! I think you can carry the Galet Speedy everyday. Yes it is a lighter bag but I have had no issues with color transfer or it getting dirty. BTW Galet is a seasonal color so once they are all gone they will also have to come from the preloved market as well. I'm looking at the Artsy in Galet and as of a couple days ago there was only 4 left in the US. Good luck deciding :smile:

I own both colors and both are amazing! The infini is my favorite dark neutral and the galet is my favorite light. Go with what color you love most! I think you can carry the Galet Speedy everyday. Yes it is a lighter bag but I have had no issues with color transfer or it getting dirty. BTW Galet is a seasonal color so once they are all gone they will also have to come from the preloved market as well. I'm looking at the Artsy in Galet and as of a couple days ago there was only 4 left in the US. Good luck deciding :smile:

I didn't know it was seasonal. What colors are not seasonal?

I may be biased, as I'm not a fan of Galet in the Empreinte speedy - I don't know what it is, because I LOVE Galet in the SC and Soft Lockit, but for some reason it doesn't do it for me in the Empreinte line. So, with that disclaimer out there, I would go for the Infini. I think you can get more everyday use from it. As another poster said, there may still be a new Infini available. I'd call to see if one can be located for you. I don't think you'll have a problem with potential repairs from LV if you buy preloved. I took my 6 key holder in because of glazing issues, and they sent it for repair with no questions - they didn't even ask for the receipt. I bought my noir speedy 30 preloved and have had no issues. Good luck deciding.

I didn't know it was seasonal. What colors are not seasonal?

My SA told me "we will only get a couple more, then that's it" when I bought mine....I dunno what colours are not seasonal, but I do know every store only carries one colour each, whenever they sell one they will order another.....I got Galet because it and the cerise one are the only two that were new (made in France 2014), all the other ones are made in 2012 or 2013, they look pretty beat already to me....

I bought my emp speedy 25 infini the beginning of June brand new. They are still out there. Don't know where you live, but there are 4 LV's in my area. The LV I bought from only had the one when I bought it. However, right when I bought it there was all sorts of talk about glazing/cracking issues. You can find this in the Empriente clubhouse and the emp speedy b clubhouse. So there was talk that if it was made in 2012(?) then it may get cracking issues, but this was suppose to be resolved with 2013 models. Who knows for sure. But, once I got home and really looked the bag over the piping on one end was caved in looking. So I decided I wasn't paying that much for a bag and have that one side bother me forever. I took it back. When I went back 5 days later they had gotten 1 more in. To put my mind at ease I looked it over and piping looked great, but the date code was again 2012. So she called the Neimans there in same mall and they had 2. One was a 2013. So they did an exchange and I got the 2013 infini with no other visible problems. Long story short. They may still be out there, but that was 3 1/2 months ago. Is the glazing/crack issues resolved and does it matter if it's a 2012 or 2013 model? Who knows???? BUT, I love my Emp Speedy 25 Infini!! If I had a money tree I would have several of them in all the pretty colors like Tulip does. As much as I love the Galet color, I would pick Infini over it. Then when my money tree grew more money Galet might be on deck next. But, you very well might still be able to get a new infini, unless you are wanting to save a little buying pre-loved. Good like deciding.

I would always prefer new to pre-loved. Galet is a great colour, although you would probably need to be more careful with it than with the Infini. How about waiting for a little while, maybe there will be new colours out for the spring?

I bought my emp speedy 25 infini the beginning of June brand new. They are still out there. Don't know where you live, but there are 4 LV's in my area. The LV I bought from only had the one when I bought it. However, right when I bought it there was all sorts of talk about glazing/cracking issues. You can find this in the Empriente clubhouse and the emp speedy b clubhouse. So there was talk that if it was made in 2012(?) then it may get cracking issues, but this was suppose to be resolved with 2013 models. Who knows for sure. But, once I got home and really looked the bag over the piping on one end was caved in looking. So I decided I wasn't paying that much for a bag and have that one side bother me forever. I took it back. When I went back 5 days later they had gotten 1 more in. To put my mind at ease I looked it over and piping looked great, but the date code was again 2012. So she called the Neimans there in same mall and they had 2. One was a 2013. So they did an exchange and I got the 2013 infini with no other visible problems. Long story short. They may still be out there, but that was 3 1/2 months ago. Is the glazing/crack issues resolved and does it matter if it's a 2012 or 2013 model? Who knows???? BUT, I love my Emp Speedy 25 Infini!! If I had a money tree I would have several of them in all the pretty colors like Tulip does. As much as I love the Galet color, I would pick Infini over it. Then when my money tree grew more money Galet might be on deck next. But, you very well might still be able to get a new infini, unless you are wanting to save a little buying pre-loved. Good like deciding.

Very informative, thank you for sharing~!