Should I sell my speedy's

nat20

Sep 3, 2014
I have not had them for long but I barely use them so uncomfortable to use on a daily basis or to feel comfortable carrying. I have 2 speedy 30's in DE & DA

Only 6-7 months old. I am shopping on different websites to see which one gives me the better quote. Do you guys have any recommendations?

And best of all what bag should I get after I sell them! :-p

I have not had them for long but I barely use them so uncomfortable to use on a daily basis or to feel comfortable carrying. I have 2 speedy 30's in DE & DA

Only 6-7 months old. I am shopping on different websites to see which one gives me the better quote. Do you guys have any recommendations?

And best of all what bag should I get after I sell them! :-p

That's really your preference if you don't like Speedys or handhelds.
I have 3 Speedys and I love them. I know they get bothersome sometimes and are not really every day bags but I use mine all the time actually. I've gotten used to it. Sounds like you need shoulder bags/cross body bags. Good luck!

I would sell azur and keep ebene, it is classic and you might regret selling it :smile:
I agree. The Speedy is classic to me, so I would keep it. Handheld bags make me feel ladylike which I love. If you feel differently, then follow your heart and buy what you love and get rid of what you don't. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'd sell them if you dont like them. Handheld-only bag would drive me nuts :smile: You can use the money to get something that you will use a lot! Bag preferences are very individual, speedy/neverfulls are considered classic but if they are not for you, you might as well sell and get what you really want!

I'd sell them if you dont like them. Handheld-only bag would drive me nuts :smile: You can use the money to get something that you will use a lot! Bag preferences are very individual, speedy/neverfulls are considered classic but if they are not for you, you might as well sell and get what you really want!

I agree! I have never felt that what is considered "classic" to some people or even a lot of people translates to everyone. Everyone's bag collection will be different based on their needs and even though the Speedy is considered classic, if it doesn't work for you, having it means nothing! Keeping something just because someone would consider it "classic" doesn't work out for you in the long run. You are the one using it, not them. I always get kinda irked by others who suggest keeping it because it's "classic" in their eyes.. but what about the person using it? IMO.

I agree, I prefer bags with a shoulder strap! Hands free for me! :P

That's really your preference if you don't like Speedys or handhelds.
I have 3 Speedys and I love them. I know they get bothersome sometimes and are not really every day bags but I use mine all the time actually. I've gotten used to it. Sounds like you need shoulder bags/cross body bags. Good luck!

Completely agree here. I love my two Speedys and no they are not every day bags. I think we all need a shoulder bag and a hand bag for different uses. I am a firm believer that if you are not using them then you should let them go. Yours are still pretty new so I would probably re-think and make sure you are not going to regret it. If I had to choose between a hand bag and shoulder bag I would do shoulder first.

You can always sell the speedys and buy a speedy b instead.
I'm selling my mulberry delrey and brought a speedy b as I loved the shape but I'm also not really a hand held person so this ticked the boxes.

I think that in my lifestyle I'm a modern woman who is always running around and the classic speedy is burdening. I loved in the beginning how lady like it was but honestly I wanna wear my bags and enjoy them I don't just want to feel lady like.

I just feel horrible because I will be losing some money from selling them :sad:

I can't wait to see your new bag. I understand your dilemma. A shoulder bag suits your needs more. I am a modern city girl also, but hey handheld is not for everybody. On money, sometimes you have to lose some to get something better for yourself. Happy shopping.:smile: