New return policy for Snad item sellers pay for returns

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007
I received an item that was not as described. I contacted my seller but they want me to pay to return it.

Since the auction was not accurate I don't want to pay. I know starting Sept 15 or if a sellers does a click thru then ebay will generate a return label and take the fees from PayPal or add it to their ebay balance.

Do I need to wait for the 15th to ensure I will be given a return label or can I open a case now and then escalate it?

My seller said they would rather me open a case and have ebay provide me a label and charge them rather then send me a return label.

TIA

I don't think it will work for you to wait until September 15. I think the original transaction date has to be after that date.

As far as I know, if the seller is willing to take the return, with the current ebay rules, you can't open a case to avoid paying the return shipping.

I don't think it will work for you to wait until September 15. I think the original transaction date has to be after that date.

As far as I know, if the seller is willing to take the return, with the current ebay rules, you can't open a case to avoid paying the return shipping.

This. The sale itself would have to take place after the 15th to qualify.