Ms. Evelyne is missing .. HELP !!

cbk021726

Oct 6, 2011
I took the plunge and finally bought evelyne at YC .. now it has been 3 weeks and the parcel haven't showed up 😭😭
First week i've rang the Australia Post and they told me that customs are delayed in processing incoming items ..
Second week they told me something is holding up the item and need to ring the sender .. which i did but YC told me that USPS can't lodge investigation and i have to wait another 2 weeks..

And just now i've rang Aust Post for update and they told me that it looks like item is missing.. 😭😭😭

this is the first time i've bought a bag online and this happened .. 😭😭😭

I feel like i want to go the Aust Post warehouse and search for my item..

Worst thing my husband works with Aust Post and he can't even help me and blamed me for using Aust Post..

Heeeeelllllppppp !!!!

I took the plunge and finally bought evelyne at YC .. now it has been 3 weeks and the parcel haven't showed up 😭😭
First week i've rang the Australia Post and they told me that customs are delayed in processing incoming items ..
Second week they told me something is holding up the item and need to ring the sender .. which i did but YC told me that USPS can't lodge investigation and i have to wait another 2 weeks..

And just now i've rang Aust Post for update and they told me that it looks like item is missing.. 😭😭😭

Worst thing my husband works with Aust Post and he can't even help me and blamed me for using Aust Post..

Heeeeelllllppppp !!!!
I'm sorry to hear that your Evie is missing. Is there a tracking number? What about the sender, can he/she contact the carrier that was used? Did the sender insure the item? If it's really missing then I'd think the onus is on the sender to reimburse you.

Omg so sorry to hear this! Ouch.

In terms of liability and risk of loss, it's a question of international law since you are in Australia and the sender is in the US. In the USA, in the absence of a breach by the seller, it depends on the circumstances - sometimes the seller bears the risk of loss and sometimes it falls to the buyer. However, from a customer service perspective, YC should bear all risk of loss. You can always dispute the charge if YC won't take responsibility, but I feel like they have to.

Have you tried YC to confirm they addressed the pkg correctly? Please keep us posted!!!

I'm sorry to hear that your Evie is missing. Is there a tracking number? What about the sender, can he/she contact the carrier that was used? Did the sender insure the item? If it's really missing then I'd think the onus is on the sender to reimburse you.

Yes i have tracking number and have been checking everyday and there is no update since 20 Aug.. i hope YC reimburse me ..

I'd suggest contacting YC asap, if you haven't already. If the item hasn't been delivered to you then they should be tracking it and talking to the carrier to find out what's going on. I heard YC has good customer service. G'luck and I hope your Evie turns up safe and sound.

Omg so sorry to hear this! Ouch.

In terms of liability and risk of loss, it's a question of international law since you are in Australia and the sender is in the US. In the USA, in the absence of a breach by the seller, it depends on the circumstances - sometimes the seller bears the risk of loss and sometimes it falls to the buyer. However, from a customer service perspective, YC should bear all risk of loss. You can always dispute the charge if YC won't take responsibility, but I feel like they have to.

Have you tried YC to confirm they addressed the pkg correctly? Please keep us posted!!!

i've emailed YC still waiting for there reply .. i just hope they will reimburse me with the charges ..
if nothing happened until next week i definitely call my bank to reverse the payment ( or can i do this )

I'd suggest contacting YC asap, if you haven't already. If the item hasn't been delivered to you then they should be tracking it and talking to the carrier to find out what's going on. I heard YC has good customer service. G'luck and I hope your Evie turns up safe and sound.

I've emailed them just waiting for their reply..

I hope it will turn up soon !!!

i've emailed YC still waiting for there reply .. i just hope they will reimburse me with the charges ..
if nothing happened until next week i definitely call my bank to reverse the payment ( or can i do this )

Ok, sounds like you are doing all the right things. Hopefully, YC will get back to you tomorrow and will open an investigation, and reimburse you once they confirm it was never delivered. They may wait until they are able to open a USPS claim.

Def try calling your bank in a week or so - see if there's anything you can do. Some cards have better cardholder protection than others (eg Amex), but at the very least once you've let your bank know what happened, I think they'll hold the charges and open their own investigation. Australia credit card rules naturally differ from here (and I'm not an expert in this area) but I'd assume the rules couldn't be a substantial departure.

Good luck!!

Heeeeelllllppppp !!!!

Oh my goodness, this is so awful! I am so sorry this happened to you. International shipping can be such a pain, especially between US-AU for some odd reason.

I would contact YC and explain the problem. One or both of you will both probably need to lodge a missing item report with USPS/Auspost, and it will go from there. I don't know about YC but most resellers fully insure their items and that's why they won't declare the value as less than it is, or say it is a gift. It's too risky from a seller's point of view not to insure such a valuable item! Fingers crossed YC's policies are like this - read their shipping terms on their website and you should be able to quickly find out.

I live in AUS too and would definitely recommend moving forward that you request sellers to ship items to you via Fedex or DHL express. It is more expensive, but they look after their packages much better, and they arrive quicker. If you can't do that, then I would at least ask for USPS express (2-5 working days), which in my experience still isn't the best, but it's better than the normal USPS service which is very slow.

Auspost in particular is so terrible. I recently had a NY artist do a small customised piece for me and it arrived with a massive stab wound right in the middle of it. It literally was like someone pinned it to a wall and played darts with it. There is no way it was an accident - there are just some careless, nasty people out there. I've heard even worse stories than that too sadly (especially in relation to artworks) :cry:

For some reason, the mail route between the US and AU is really dodgy! :nogood:

I'm with CBA and all of my cards are Mastercard. Whenever I've had issues in the past, the service has been amazing and they go out of their way to help you. I'd probably leave this as a last resort though - if you find out the item is uninsured.

Oh my goodness, this is so awful! I am so sorry this happened to you. International shipping can be such a pain, especially between US-AU for some odd reason.

I would contact YC and explain the problem. One or both of you will both probably need to lodge a missing item report with USPS/Auspost, and it will go from there. I don't know about YC but most resellers fully insure their items and that's why they won't declare the value as less than it is, or say it is a gift. It's too risky from a seller's point of view not to insure such a valuable item! Fingers crossed YC's policies are like this - read their shipping terms on their website and you should be able to quickly find out.

I live in AUS too and would definitely recommend moving forward that you request sellers to ship items to you via Fedex or DHL express. It is more expensive, but they look after their packages much better, and they arrive quicker. If you can't do that, then I would at least ask for USPS express (2-5 working days), which in my experience still isn't the best, but it's better than the normal USPS service which is very slow.

Auspost in particular is so terrible. I recently had a NY artist do a small customised piece for me and it arrived with a massive stab wound right in the middle of it. It literally was like someone pinned it to a wall and played darts with it. There is no way it was an accident - there are just some careless, nasty people out there. I've heard even worse stories than that too sadly (especially in relation to artworks) :cry:

i've informed YC since day 1 and they are very cooperative with me .. i had it international expressed too ..

I hope it is insured which i think it is ..
Aust post told me that the sender should be the one to lodge the complain and if it is insured compensation will be paid to them too ..
I know Aust post is dodgy even my husband who works there don't trust them ..
lesson learned ..

Is it possible that the package got stopped at the custom? I heard that some country's custom office opens more and more international packages to charge for custom tax. Believe it or not, this makes their government a ton of money. This taxing process can take up to a month before they send you a bill to pick up your package. Hope it's the case for you. It's better than completely losing the package.

OMG this is so upsetting!

I just ordered something from Malleries to ship from US to Australia and I hope it's okay...

I hope your bag arrives!

I want all the pretty things!

Is it possible that the package got stopped at the custom? I heard that some country's custom office opens more and more international packages to charge for custom tax. Believe it or not, this makes their government a ton of money. This taxing process can take up to a month before they send you a bill to pick up your package. Hope it's the case for you. It's better than completely losing the package.

I hope this will be the case .. i know i have to pay local taxes and i am just waiting for a call from customs to inform me on the bill ..