Zero feedback seller, expedited shipping of $20 paid on August 30 still "zip"

Thanks beenburned I didn't realize she'd been on eBay so often.

I emailed her several times through the proper ebay channels. I didn't see anywhere on my PayPal record that her Own email was listed. I don't know if it's wise to go outside of ebay channels anyway.

I suspect that the best case scenario is going to be this never shows up and I am refunded.

Best case scenario number 2, I actually get it.

Now I'm a little miffed that she's just ignoring me.

It may have been mailed, though and the USPS is taking its sweet time. Expedited means nothing in EBay speak. It was supposed to be sent priority. If payment was considered on Tuesday (1st business day), then one day later for shipping, it could have been accepted Wednesday afternoon.
I do agree that the seller may have dropped the ball. I think emailing rather than EBay messaging is an excellent idea.
I guess I am an extremely patient person. I have ordered things that took a week to two weeks and, looking at the postmark, I could see it was not the seller's fault. Other times, the seller took their sweet time. Oh well.
Personally, I would give it til Monday, but that is me. With all the glitches and so on going on, I try to give the benefit of the doubt.
You need to do what you are comfortable with. There are some fantastic posters here who know a lot more than I do. If BB is feeling wary, maybe I need to rethink.

Thanks beenburned I didn't realize she'd been on eBay so often.

I emailed her several times through the proper ebay channels. I didn't see anywhere on my PayPal record that her Own email was listed. I don't know if it's wise to go outside of ebay channels anyway.

I suspect that the best case scenario is going to be this never shows up and I am refunded.

Best case scenario number 2, I actually get it.

Now I'm a little miffed that she's just ignoring me.

You can do an advanced search for contact info directly from ebay
to access the seller's e-mail & contact her that way as well. That
is acceptable as ebay will provide the information to you as well as notify the
seller. (You will provide the user id & item #, contact info will be mailed to you)

Hope this helps & gives you another option to try & contact this seller

Last edited:
You can do an advanced search for contact info directly from ebay
to access the seller's e-mail & contact her that way as well. That
is acceptable as ebay will provide the information to you as well as notify the
seller. (You will provide the user id & item #, contact info will be mailed to you)

Hope this helps & gives you another option to try & contact this seller

I didn't know about the advanced search to contact a member it gives her phone number but no email address. My email address shows up under my part though. Weird. So I guess if I want to contact her I have to phone her. Not sure how I feel about doing that!

I I had someone call me from a ebay purchase I'd be weirded out, of course I answer my darned email!

There's no need to do an advanced search. Go directly to your own email account.

WHen you made the payment, you received an email from PP with "Receipt for Your Payment xxxx" as the subject.

Open the email and see:
You sent a payment of $(amount) USD to (seller name) ([email protected])

The seller's email address is right there.

My suggestion is to send a message to both the direct email as well as through ebay messaging, stating, "I'm sending this message to you through both ebay and direct email as I've tried to contact you several times and haven't received a response. I want to be sure you receive my message."

Then go on to ask your questions and express concerns.

I didn't know about the advanced search to contact a member it gives her phone number but no email address. My email address shows up under my part though. Weird. So I guess if I want to contact her I have to phone her. Not sure how I feel about doing that!

I I had someone call me from a ebay purchase I'd be weirded out, of course I answer my darned email!

These are unusual circumstances. You may just get a "leave a message"
on the phone.. You have to feel ok about making the call...

When you received the paypal confirmation, it says
you have just sent a payment to & gives the seller's e-mail address..

If you do the advanced search, the email comes from ebay so that
may just get the attention of the seller which is what you want.

But once you have the seller's email, contact her as well that way..

Keep us posted

Last edited:
These are unusual circumstances. You may just get a "leave a message"
on the phone.. You have to feel ok about making the call...

When you get the pp confirmation, it usually says something like
you have just sent a payment to & gives the seller's e-mail address..

If you did not keep the e-mail with the payment info, you can then
do an advanced search.

I must have deleted that email, wouldn't the same info be on PP? I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and phone.

Well

I bit the bullet and called... got a recording... "The person you are calling cannot accept any calls at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience." The area code is 415 which my phone says is California. This person is supposed to be in Parkville MD.

Of course I know that isn't impossible with cell phones and all.

Should I call PP or Ebay to proceed?

I must have deleted that email, wouldn't the same info be on PP? I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and phone.

Well

I bit the bullet and called... got a recording... "The person you are calling cannot accept any calls at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience." The area code is 415 which my phone says is California. This person is supposed to be in Parkville MD.

Of course I know that isn't impossible with cell phones and all.

Should I call PP or Ebay to proceed?

Many people don't keep their pp e-mail confirmations for payment.It is
just so much easier to go directly to your pp account & access the info.
Why you are not able to access the seller's email info is unusual. It should be there

In this case, since you called & got this recording, I would do
the advanced search because ebay will also send an email to the seller
saying you are requesting info. That just may get the response you
are looking for, it may not, but it is easy to do & worth a try.

If your seller doesn't respond or your package doesn't come, I would file an INR with pp tomorrow
end of business day.

Your seller will have to respond to PP within a certain time frame... If she doesn't, PP
will issue your refund & sorry that you have to deal with all this & be so disappointed.

Last edited:
Thanks, hotshot, I did do the request so I guess she knows I asked about her. Thank you for the other information, I think it's going to be useful for a situation my son has that is more important than purses.

Thanks, hotshot, I did do the request so I guess she knows I asked about her. Thank you for the other information, I think it's going to be useful for a situation my son has that is more important than purses.

You are welcome..

You want to get the "seller's attention at this point any way you can

An e-mail coming from ebay just may do the trick !!

If your seller doesn't respond to the e-mail, would suggest filing the
INR with paypal by end of business day tomorrow..

Keep us posted..

OP - I hope your bag shows up soon. I know waiting with no word from your seller is frustrating! Good
luck!

I know USPS can be slow at times but I was actually impressed with them this week. I'm on the east coast and mailed out a package to my buyer on Saturday....gave it to the postman at my door after lunch. It actually arrived in NM on Monday!

Wow, everyone the tracking updated and it says the parcel is in my state... Those of you who said USPS was wonky were right! Estimated delivery is still September 5 but that's ok.

I owe apologies to the seller ( who never DID answer!).