Zero feedback seller, expedited shipping of $20 paid on August 30 still "zip"

Also keep in mind for many sellers (myself being one), eBay was down for anywhere from 24-48 hours Tuesday and Wednesday. My account actually didn't even pull up, even when I called the help number. My shipments were all delayed two days because for all intensive purposes, I no longer had an eBay account :smile: I hope this helps a little

Wow! Thank you! I did not know that. One would still think she would have answered, though, at some point!

If there's not a one-size-fits-all attitude for buyers to take, there shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all expectation for how sellers will act.

:tup:

Wow! Thank you! I did not know that. One would still think she would have answered, though, at some point!

Again, she's brand new and every step of the process is a learning experience. (Keep in mind that with 0-feedback, she hasn't even been a buyer so she doesn't really have a buyer's point of view to see it from your end.)

Maybe my background as a teacher makes me more tolerant and understanding of the learning curve. If she continues on ebay, she'll get better with each listing and sale but it takes time, experience and PRACTICE.

You're right. There's nothing more frustrating than non-responsiveness. Most of us would rather hear any answer - even an unfavorable one - than be ignored. A lesson I try to teach my boyfriend daily LOL

This is absolutely true, but then shouldn't this logic apply to sellers as well? While some sellers may take it upon themselves to communicate every step of the way, some might not. If there's not a one-size-fits-all attitude for buyers to take, there shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all expectation for how sellers will act.

One is always going to find sellers that describe their merchandise
very clearly & then there are other sellers who are sloppy.

One doesn't really know what they are dealing with until the questions
start . If you ask before you have a good idea if you ask after the transaction,
you don't know what you are dealing with.

In this case, the buyer is frustrated & wants an answer that is not
been given to her satisfaction.

This is a newbie seller. She lacks knowledge & experience with ebay.

The OP can continue to wait til end of week to see if her package arrives
or she can file an INR.. it's her call at this point

You're right. There's nothing more frustrating than non-responsiveness. Most of us would rather hear any answer - even an unfavorable one - than be ignored. A lesson I try to teach my boyfriend daily LOL

Still nothing today, How hard is it to answer someone?

I understand she may be a new seller, but she certainly has bought things (before even outside of ebay), and must have some sense of how to treat people.

I think maybe the auction went for lower than she wanted?

Another thread about a new seller prompted me to check my Paypal account.

The seller shows as "unverified." It does show I've paid. What does that mean?

Incidentally the seller left me positive feedback already.

Another thread about a new seller prompted me to check my Paypal account.

The seller shows as "unverified." It does show I've paid. What does that mean?

Incidentally the seller left me positive feedback already.
A verified account is one where the seller verified with a c.c. or debit card. PP confirms that the owner of the account is in the same name and address as the credit card billing name and address.

A verified account is one where the seller verified with a c.c. or debit card. PP confirms that the owner of the account is in the same name and address as the credit card billing name and address.

Thanks, I googled it because PP doesn't provide a definition on the site from what I could see, but the explanation I found was from 2011 so I had little confidence in it.

Still nothing today, How hard is it to answer someone?

I understand she may be a new seller, but she certainly has bought things (before even outside of ebay), and must have some sense of how to treat people.

I think maybe the auction went for lower than she wanted?

That would be a good assumption but not necessarily so...
Courtesy & common sense don't always go hand in hand

OP, I don't know when your seller shipped the bag. She could
have printed the label from home & your box could still be sitting in
the corner of her room. If it was shipped from the post office,
you should have received it with expedited shipping.

Have you contacted USPS to see if there is any updated info?

The fact that she is still unresponsive is not only frustrating but really
unprofessional. How difficult is it to respond to you?

She left you feedback as well... that just also reflects her lack
of experience..

I'd give it another day & then would file an INR...

That would be a good assumption but not necessarily so...
Courtesy & common sense don't always go hand in hand

OP, I don't know when your seller shipped the bag. She could
have printed the label from home & your box could still be sitting in
the corner of her room. If it was shipped from the post office,
you should have received it with expedited shipping.

Have you contacted USPS to see if there is any updated info?

The fact that she is still unresponsive is not only frustrating but really
unprofessional. How difficult is it to respond to you?

She left you feedback as well... that just also reflects her lack
of experience..

I'd give it another day & then would file an INR...

I called the USPS but it says the same thing.. notice from the shipper, received. No actual shipping data.

I really want(ed) this bag too -- I don't want my $ back. What's the point of selling on ebay if you aren't going to sell?

I emailed the seller again... A "Hi I can't find any updates on this, can you?: Did you actually ship?" type message.

I called the USPS but it says the same thing.. notice from the shipper, received. No actual shipping data.

I really want(ed) this bag too -- I don't want my $ back. What's the point of selling on ebay if you aren't going to sell?

I emailed the seller again... A "Hi I can't find any updates on this, can you?: Did you actually ship?" type message.

OP you are between a rock & a hard place because you want
this bag.

Sadly speaking you are dealing with a very inexperienced newbie seller
compounded by no communication.

It is odd that there is no shipping data which makes me think the
bag may still be in her house or is she waiting for USPS to pick up the
bag?

I am going to pm you with a suggestion now.

OP you are between a rock & a hard place because you want
this bag.

Sadly speaking you are dealing with a very inexperienced newbie seller
compounded by no communication.

It is odd that there is no shipping data which makes me think the
bag may still be in her house or is she waiting for USPS to pick up the
bag?

I am going to pm you with a suggestion now.

Thanks got your pm and answered.

I received a package today that was sent priority from 3 states away -- on August 26th!! The USPS is extremely screwed up - which is beyond the control of the seller.

Also know that the glitches on Ebay and Pay Pal continue. Our business account we cannot print labels at all - and on items that we uploaded tracking on last week they are now missing the tracking information completely - it just disappeared.

And lastly, there are tons of Ebayers that are NOT getting messages at all. Our company isn't. Not one. Not even from Ebay to alert us that they are having a problem with a promotion that we are participating in.

It's not simply enough anymore to say "it's a new seller ..." it is also (and can very well be) Ebay that is screwing up and making the seller look bad. I wouldn't necessarily jump to put the blame on the seller who might not even have received any communications from you.

Best bet is to get the seller's email addy from Pay Pal and send a direct message at this point. Don't be surprised if the seller tells you they didn't get any messages through Ebay.

BTW, filing within 1 week after a US holiday is never advised. It's just impatient, at best.

Hope you get the purse this week.

That's a steal for a Borough bag, but I wouldn't assume it went for less than she wanted until she says something that would make you think that. Generally if that happens to a seller, if they don't want to sell it they will message saying they 'lost' it, or already sold it, or don't want to sell it. It happens, I get that.
As for the shipping, today is the 9th, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes today the 6th business day after I subtract the holiday. Given that you paid right away, and the shipping info says the estimate includes handling time by the seller, I'd consider this buyer out of line. As someone who has never given negative feedback, this would be an uncomfortable situation for me.
I hope she gets back to you soon with some sort of info so you can stop stressing.
Even with a holiday, as a buyer, if I pay right away, I don't expect 9 days+ to be considered expedited in any way. If she sends the bag, you can look it over and make sure you're happy and decide on feedback then. With the steal that the bag is (imo) I'd probably still be happy overall, but it's still frustrating.
I wouldn't assume though that just because she posted the number that it's only a glitch and she really did ship it. Most of the time when that happens to me, the seller really hasn't shipped yet, just printed a label. I have yet to see something else happen on my end or for a seller to explain it that way.
Again, hoping the best for you! I'm sure you'll get the money back if it doesn't go through, but I do hope it's on its way soon. Keep us posted!

I will say that there's something that bothers me about this seller.

I tend to be patient, tolerant and understanding of the learning curve when a seller is new. And I'm apt to give the benefit of the doubt before becoming a cynic.

However, as the OP says and as the listing shows, she won the bag on August 30.

According to the OP, there's been no email response directly from the seller in several days and I attributed it to a newbie not being on the computer and not remembering to check her ebay account.

However, my line of thinking has changed after looking more closely at iamyowie's listings and history. (Have your attempts at contact been through ebay messaging?)

Since August 30, the seller HAS been on ebay and has listed and relisted 2 items several times. Thus, she should also have been "reminded" that she has an item to ship and/or contact the buyer about.

FIRST ITEM:
This listing ended on Sept. 1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LAW-ENFOR...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It was relisted on Sept. 4:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LAW-ENFOR...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And relisted again on Sept. 7:

And again on Sept. 8:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LAW-ENFORCEMENT-TARGETS-SFPD-07CB-/321515259182?

And another listing:
SECOND ITEM:
This one ended on Sept. 2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAL-BORG-VI...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The relisted item ended on Sept. 5:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAL-BORG-VI...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The next time it was relisted, it ended on Sept. 8:

And it's now also a current listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAL-BORG-VINTAGE-BEADED-PURSE-JAPAN-MADE-/321515941213?

^^^^ These show at least 8 times that the seller would have been on ebay and would have seen her "my ebay."