Usps?

cutiek1t

O.G.
Oct 5, 2006
Are there anyone in here works for Usps or know someone? I just want to ask a questions that really been bugging me lately.
It is true that they charge you for a printout receipt? I was dropping off some boxes with a prepaid label and asked for a printout receipt that from their printer and they said I have to paid 1.60 for it. This is new to me since I never paid or heard such things. So I just took out my cell phones and take pictures of the tracking # on the prepaid labels. I didn't realized Usps r so bad now. Thanks for reading.

Are there anyone in here works for Usps or know someone? I just want to ask a questions that really been bugging me lately.

It is true that they charge you for a printout receipt? I was dropping off some boxes with a prepaid label and asked for a printout receipt that from their printer and they said I have to paid 1.60 for it. This is new to me since I never paid or heard such things. So I just took out my cell phones and take pictures of the tracking # on the prepaid labels. I didn't realized Usps r so bad now. Thanks for reading.

I get receipts all the time and they never charge me. I just dropped off mail last week and got a receipt. I

Dear OP -- just wanna ask to clarify: Did you take your packages in-person to the Usps Rep/Post Office Employee behind the Customer Service Counter, or were you asking the P O Employee in the window by the mail-pick, or perhaps were you at one of the self-service kiosks within the Post Office trying to do all this...? I think I read awhile back a TPF Thread about this very same topic and it was discussed pretty extensively by some of our very experienced TPF'ers...just give me some time and I can go look-it up for you--think I may have some time tomorrow to look on TPF--and as soon as I do/find it--I'll post it on this Thread for you. :smile:

Dear OP -- just wanna ask to clarify: Did you take your packages in-person to the Usps Rep/Post Office Employee behind the Customer Service Counter, or were you asking the P O Employee in the window by the mail-pick, or perhaps were you at one of the self-service kiosks within the Post Office trying to do all this...? I think I read awhile back a TPF Thread about this very same topic and it was discussed pretty extensively by some of our very experienced TPF'ers...just give me some time and I can go look-it up for you--think I may have some time tomorrow to look on TPF--and as soon as I do/find it--I'll post it on this Thread for you. :smile:

I gave him 2 boxes in person behind the customer counter. But what puzzle me is that the week before I did asked for a receipt and got one from a different employee. Been trying to track the 2 boxes and no tracking update. This is so annoying. :smile:

I gave him 2 boxes in person behind the customer counter. But what puzzle me is that the week before I did asked for a receipt and got one from a different employee. Been trying to track the 2 boxes and no tracking update. This is so annoying. :smile:
I wonder if by "receipt," the clerk thought you meant a certificate of mailing. That costs $1.30 and proves you mailed the item.

My post office won't give me a receipt for packages dropped off that already have postage, even if I wait in line. They don't want people waiting in line that aren't going to be buying something.

My (now) post office allows me to get receipts whenever I drop off prepaid packages. My old post office would only let me do it occasionally, depending on who I saw. I would wait in line and have two packages to scan, and they told me they couldn't issue me a receipt because it "would hold up the line." It would have taken far less time for the clerk to have just issued me the receipt instead of arguing me about it, and it would have taken waaaay less time the the average person who would go up to the counter without the proper paperwork filled out. And I had already waited in line...not like I walked to the front and demanded immediate service. SMH. But either way, I've never had to pay.

wow - where are these post offices? I get receipts all the time for prepaid packages and no one bats an eyelash. I made the mistake of waiting in line once on April 15 (tax deadline day in the US). The line was out the door and they were trying to pull people off the line to use the self service kiosk. I told the person I was in line to get a receipt for my prepaid package and she didn't fight me. I do this with UPS, USPS, FedEx etc. How else can you prove that you dropped an item off???

OP - perhaps the postal worker thought you were looking for a "return receipt". Or, could it be possible that you owed money on the postage and she charged you for the excess amount?

wow - where are these post offices? I get receipts all the time for prepaid packages and no one bats an eyelash. I made the mistake of waiting in line once on April 15 (tax deadline day in the US). The line was out the door and they were trying to pull people off the line to use the self service kiosk. I told the person I was in line to get a receipt for my prepaid package and she didn't fight me. I do this with UPS, USPS, FedEx etc. How else can you prove that you dropped an item off???

OP - perhaps the postal worker thought you were looking for a "return receipt". Or, could it be possible that you owed money on the postage and she charged you for the excess amount?
Nope, just like others have said they want me to pay just for the normal printed out receipt. :nogood: