Finally made the jump to Chanel!

As you can see from my profile name, I have been a Balenciaga fan for a long time. A Balenciaga first was my first designer bag back in 2008 and my handbag habit has just grown and grown since then. I collected lots of the older Balenciaga's but since the colours were kind of repeated and the leather was never a match for the older bags, I started to look at other designers to satisfy my habit such as Chloe, Mulberry and YSL.

While I always admired the Chanel bags, I never felt they were really me. That was until the Boy was released. It is the perfect match of class and edginess IMO and I have been craving one since I first saw it. I am currently working in Singapore and a trip down Orchard Road at the weekend saw me finding this gem and finally buying my much coveted Boy. I have no idea what the Chanel colour name is as I have never seen another like it. It is two tone with a lighter edge and the calfskin has colour variation on it to make it look vintage. The hardware has also been given a tarnished look. I love it and I know it's a definite everyday bag that will just get better and better with age.

Thought you guys might like to see it as I have searched the forum and google but can't see another one like it. I'm not even sure what season it is from. Now ask me about any Balenciaga colour and I can tell you in a heartbeat what the year, season and hardware is. Guess I need to start learning all about Chanel now.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 866
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 851
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 867
I think I order the same one and is on his way to me

As you can see from my profile name, I have been a Balenciaga fan for a long time. A Balenciaga first was my first designer bag back in 2008 and my handbag habit has just grown and grown since then. I collected lots of the older Balenciaga's but since the colours were kind of repeated and the leather was never a match for the older bags, I started to look at other designers to satisfy my habit such as Chloe, Mulberry and YSL.

While I always admired the Chanel bags, I never felt they were really me. That was until the Boy was released. It is the perfect match of class and edginess IMO and I have been craving one since I first saw it. I am currently working in Singapore and a trip down Orchard Road at the weekend saw me finding this gem and finally buying my much coveted Boy. I have no idea what the Chanel colour name is as I have never seen another like it. It is two tone with a lighter edge and the calfskin has colour variation on it to make it look vintage. The hardware has also been given a tarnished look. I love it and I know it's a definite everyday bag that will just get better and better with age.

Thought you guys might like to see it as I have searched the forum and google but can't see another one like it. I'm not even sure what season it is from. Now ask me about any Balenciaga colour and I can tell you in a heartbeat what the year, season and hardware is. Guess I need to start learning all about Chanel now.