Zero feedback seller, expedited shipping of $20 paid on August 30 still "zip"

FWIW, USPS was majorly jacked up this week. I shipped two Priority packages on Tuesday morning - one within the US, and one to Canada.

The one in the US should have arrived on Thursday. Tracking still showed it stuck at my local hub post office until Saturday morning, then magically tracking updated to "out for delivery", and was delivered Saturday. Two days late. Priority has been very reliably arriving in 2 days lately and I've been shipping a bunch.

The one going to Canada showed "shipping info sent to USPS" - the equivalent of "I've bought the label but not dropped it off yet" - until Saturday. It hadn't even scanned into a post office yet after 4 days. Saturday afternoon it updated and finally showed that it had moved, and been through the LA international hub.

Bottom line - USPS had some major issues this week. I'd give it several more days before starting to worry.

Thanks, it just struck me as odd that they didn't ship until after I bugged them about it, and didn't answer the messages, kind of like the shipping WAS the answer to the message, but then the shipping didn't really say anything either.

I'm just hoping it's a new seller and all will be good. I don't sell very often, but I do know that you need to mail stuff and not expect the buyer to remind you.
She's a newbie and probably doesn't realize she can print labels online. My guess is that she went to the post office, paid at the counter for postage and never thought to give you the tracking number because she didn't know how important it is. (Remember, she's new.)
Then when you asked for it, she gave it.

FWIW, USPS was majorly jacked up this week. I shipped two Priority packages on Tuesday morning - one within the US, and one to Canada.

The one in the US should have arrived on Thursday. Tracking still showed it stuck at my local hub post office until Saturday morning, then magically tracking updated to "out for delivery", and was delivered Saturday. Two days late. Priority has been very reliably arriving in 2 days lately and I've been shipping a bunch.

The one going to Canada showed "shipping info sent to USPS" - the equivalent of "I've bought the label but not dropped it off yet" - until Saturday. It hadn't even scanned into a post office yet after 4 days. Saturday afternoon it updated and finally showed that it had moved, and been through the LA international hub.

Bottom line - USPS had some major issues this week. I'd give it several more days before starting to worry.

Ditto this. I've had two priority parcels take crazy "vacations" all over the country the past two weeks.

It's not necessary for the seller to "communicate" how it's shipped! She "communicated" it in the listing.

if she shipped on Tuesday or Wednesday, if you were lucky, you might have received it by Saturday. More than likely, it'll come before mid-week.

Those who read here often know that ebay's (and USPS's) estimated shipping timeframe is overly generous.

Priority mail is "expedited" and is not express mail.

I don't agree here. Communication is the key to all succesful transactions.

The buyer is within her rights to ask the seller for any shipping info
that pertains to her transaction whether the label was printed on line or
the seller took it to the post office.

This is a newbie seller & it is to her advantage to communicate when
asked an appropriate question.

I don't agree here. Communication is the key to all succesful transactions.

The buyer is within her rights to ask the seller for any shipping info
that pertains to her transaction whether the label was printed on line or
the seller took it to the post office.

This is a newbie seller & it is to her advantage to communicate when
asked an appropriate question.
Remember, it's a newbie seller. She's never done this before and learning to be a seller isn't an innate talent.

Of course the buyer is within her rights to ask for shipping info. And the buyer did that! The seller DID respond with the tracking number. The seller isn't required nor expected to tell the buyer whether she printed the label online or drove to the post office to ship it. It's irrelevant; as long as the package was sent, the seller did what she had to do to that point.

Remember, it's a newbie seller. She's never done this before and learning to be a seller isn't an innate talent.

Of course the buyer is within her rights to ask for shipping info. And the buyer did that! The seller DID respond with the tracking number. The seller isn't required nor expected to tell the buyer whether she printed the label online or drove to the post office to ship it. It's irrelevant; as long as the package was sent, the seller did what she had to do to that point.

It is also possible that when the seller went to the PO she may have
miscalculated the shipping cost & chose another method to ship which
could have possibly delayed this package as well.

A little "reassurance" goes along way & perhaps the buyer would be
more patient than considering the option to file an INR

Is the buyer thinking that expedited shipping means overnight or
priority mail 2 -3 days??

We have seen posts before where sellers have made errors with
shipping details and for whatever the reasons are have not been completely
candid about sharing the info with their buyer...this may not be the
case here but the possibility does exist..

Last edited:
Well nothing today, The tracking number still says:

"The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

Just to clarify the seller did not respond to any messages with what they called in the old days "the courtesy" of a reply. The tracking number only showed up once I asked about it through the "ask seller a question" option and just suddenly appeared on ebay it was not sdent to me by the seller in any direct way. It seems to be stuck in the "stay tuned" position.

Well nothing today, The tracking number still says:

"The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

Just to clarify the seller did not respond to any messages with what they called in the old days "the courtesy" of a reply. The tracking number only showed up once I asked about it through the "ask seller a question" option and just suddenly appeared on ebay it was not sdent to me by the seller in any direct way. It seems to be stuck in the "stay tuned" position.

Newbie or not, replying takes minimum effort. I would get frustrated too.

Although this is no excuse for ignoring your messages I just had an experience with a newish seller today that might explain the delay. I was given a tracking number days ago, but nothing had happened yet. I emailed the seller on a whim with a style question, and she mentioned that she couldn't ship without my payment. I told her that I paid immediately and have the receipt, but it turns out she just misunderstood the hold that ebay/PayPal puts on your funds as a new seller. I think she was mistaking that for an unclear payment.

I am waiting for a package. I paid via PP using my credit card. I do not have a tracking number. I know it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. I will wait 3. If nothing arrives, at that point, I will contact my seller. Then, if there is no response, I will file an INR. I know I am covered and won't sweat it.
Some people are poor at communication. There are glitches going on all over EBay, so messages may not be going through. DC is sometimes not updated until after delivery.
I really hope your package arrives soon and it is just what you were hoping for.

I am waiting for a package. I paid via PP using my credit card. I do not have a tracking number. I know it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. I will wait 3. If nothing arrives, at that point, I will contact my seller. Then, if there is no response, I will file an INR. I know I am covered and won't sweat it.
Some people are poor at communication. There are glitches going on all over EBay, so messages may not be going through. DC is sometimes not updated until after delivery.
I really hope your package arrives soon and it is just what you were hoping for.

Every buyer will wait for what is within their own comfort zone .

You can wait 3+ weeks, that is your call.

It is just frustrating for many buyers & some buyers are more patient
than others. What works for one doesn't work for all...

Its just not all about knowing that you are protected (cc, pp/ebay)
its about all the time involved filing the INR waiting etc.
You buy something, you pay for it promptly, one wants their item

Communication goes a long way....& the OP does not seem satisfied communication wise
with the seller so far

Last edited:
Every buyer will wait for what is within their own comfort zone .

You can wait 3+ weeks, that is your call.

It is just frustrating for many buyers & some buyers are more patient
than others. What works for one doesn't work for all...

Its just not all about knowing that you are protected (cc, pp/ebay)
its about all the time involved filing the INR waiting etc.
You buy something, you pay for it promptly, one wants their item

Communication goes a long way....& the OP does not seem satisfied communication wise
with the seller so far

This is absolutely true, but then shouldn't this logic apply to sellers as well? While some sellers may take it upon themselves to communicate every step of the way, some might not. If there's not a one-size-fits-all attitude for buyers to take, there shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all expectation for how sellers will act.

Also keep in mind for many sellers (myself being one), eBay was down for anywhere from 24-48 hours Tuesday and Wednesday. My account actually didn't even pull up, even when I called the help number. My shipments were all delayed two days because for all intensive purposes, I no longer had an eBay account :smile: I hope this helps a little

Also keep in mind for many sellers (myself being one), eBay was down for anywhere from 24-48 hours Tuesday and Wednesday. My account actually didn't even pull up, even when I called the help number. My shipments were all delayed two days because for all intensive purposes, I no longer had an eBay account :smile: I hope this helps a little

That is true! I had not even thought of that. People had their accounts, listings, and everything disappear. Glad I was not selling anything then!