Help! color and size question :)

peachy pink

May 7, 2009
Hey guys,
I am re-thinking this back and forward but I can't get to a smart decision.

First i need help with a color related question and then it's about sizes. Color first!

I only own DA Canvas bags. speedy 25 and neverfull mm. Love them to death, i am wearing them all year! They fit all my clothes. But now my style changed a little and i got into dark brown. Now i own and love a leather jacket and shoes, but pity pity - I dont love my Azur with it any more.

Good thing i really started to love the Monogram and damier Ebene. But now i wonder how those two look against dark brown chocolate leather! Any pictures, please?:heart:

Next thing is trickier. Which bag to get?
The neverfull mm is perfect for school and work and college.But the price with the new Pochette is ridicoulously high! So Go whatever and get exactly the Same bag - twice?
I love my speedy.
But obviously the 25 is too small for any books.
Does the 30 fit some? I came to think speedy 30 in DE. Because i am for sure going to get a 35 speedy B mon Monogram - I was going to reward myself for finishing college.

Hey guys,

First i need help with a color related question and then it's about sizes. Color first!

I only own DA Canvas bags. speedy 25 and neverfull mm. Love them to death, i am wearing them all year! They fit all my clothes. But now my style changed a little and i got into dark brown. Now i own and love a leather jacket and shoes, but pity pity - I dont love my Azur with it any more.

Good thing i really started to love the Monogram and damier Ebene. But now i wonder how those two look against dark brown chocolate leather! Any pictures, please?:heart:

The neverfull mm is perfect for school and work and college.But the price with the new Pochette is ridicoulously high! So Go whatever and get exactly the Same bag - twice?
I love my speedy.
Does the 30 fit some? I came to think speedy 30 in DE. Because i am for sure going to get a 35 speedy B mon Monogram - I was going to reward myself for finishing college.
That is a tricky one. Dark chocolate braun goes very well with DE. If the brown you own is more a reddish one like "rehbraun" ... You can go with both, DE and with mono, it will look great with it. If it is more of a cold color tone, little greyish, ashy, blackish brown ... It is best komplemented with DE.

Your bags all have a lovely patina, just check, if you want that Patina to be part of your styke with your darkbriwn leather jacket ... If you do do do love the Patina, go for mono. If it should be different go with DE.

Size is tricky as well. I truelly think speedy 30 will ve to small for school and hoestly to heavy too. NF woud be better, but only in mono, as mono straps do break in much softer for your shoulders, when to have carry school items. DE is adoring, love mine, but straps take a long tine to break in, an i assume, they will never be as soft.

My tipp would be Delightfull mm, big enough for school and wonderful soft leatherstrap that breaks in nicely!

Hey guys,

I love my speedy.

Either mono/DE print will match your leather jacket, though I think the DE is a better match.

I would imagine even if the books do fit the 30, that it would be heavy, and a top handle bag not that convenient or a speedy B during college, is better due to the shoulder strap.

I would seriously, consider a LV backpack - some really nice roomy ones in mono/DE print?

Since its for college I would also consider the epi line, in a mocha colour to match your jacket, and its a bit understated as well.

GLD.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :love:

lovegitzer
ok, thanks for your advice! i guess best thing is to go to the store and wear my brown clothing to see what does match. I feel like DE matches the very best, but a true LV lover will need some mono someday, right? :biggrin:
you are absolutely right about the speedy being not as handy as a shoulder bag! but since i only have to go to school two times a week, it might be ok. the backpack they brought up is an interesting idea, i kinda lean towards that or the DE speedy 30... silly me! :heart: but i really feel I'd like this bag.

Try to fit your books into your da speedy, if yes then go for speedy de 25 b, you have 2 hands free for other books. 😘

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
thanks a lot :smile: i kinda feel like a DE speedy 30 could be the right thing for me now.but i need to check out the size in person, I'm afraid:smile:

Either mono/DE print will match your leather jacket, though I think the DE is a better match.

I would imagine even if the books do fit the 30, that it would be heavy, and a top handle bag not that convenient or a speedy B during college, is better due to the shoulder strap.

I would seriously, consider a LV backpack - some really nice roomy ones in mono/DE print?

Since its for college I would also consider the epi line, in a mocha colour to match your jacket, and its a bit understated as well.

GLD.

thank you a lot!
you are right about convenience ... but if the size is right I might still go for a 30 because i love the design. I need to check that out sometime soon.
but with the backpack you brought up a really fun idea, honestly I start liking it a lot! I will most def look at it in the store!

Epi is plain beautiful but a little too expensive for me right now. But it looks gorgeous!

+1 on backpack

:smile: thanks.