Buy Metis or Pochette Metis before price increase?

love2learn

O.G.
Jul 26, 2013
I'm going to eventually have both. I've looked on every page of the both clubhouses for any little something to make me want one more than the other. I've found nothing to help me make up my mind. I've tried on both, again, 1 week ago. LOVE how both of them look on. However, we all know the price increase is almost here. What we don't know are what pieces will be hit the hardest in increase. If there are those of you who do somehow know, please share.

So now that the Metis is $1960 (I believe it was only $1650 last summer) and the Pochette Metis is $1650 (I think it was around $1300 last summer), my inner self is saying to get the Metis before it's over $2,000. But, my inner self is also saying that paying $1650 for the PM is quite a lot now and I'm not going to be excited about paying more after price increase either. But, I wouldn't be happy about paying over $2,000 for the Metis later either. I've looked at buying the Metis pre-loved on Fashionphile since Yoogi's seems to never have them. But, the ones that are in pretty "excellent" condition are only $75-100 cheaper (plus I wouldn't have to pay tax), but I'd rather have "New" since this isn't that much of a savings for a used bag. And I do have other bags on the wish list, but decided these two are at the top for now. As soon as the Favorite DE comes out in MM size in Oct. it will be #3 on the list, but that's a different story:smile:

So for those of you who have one, or the other, OR BOTH.....please tell me the bag's best qualities that you love and knowing what you do now about the bag/bags would you buy it again?

Like I said I'll eventually get both (or that's how I feel now), even with the price increase. But, maybe one of you have some great thoughts or experiences to share with me about these two beautiful bags.

I would say get pochette metis first ... I was a big bag girl and I had to learn to downsize to carry essentials in PM and now I'm hooked.
I just don't see myself carrying big bags (like artsy, Galliera, Irene, nf kinda shoulder bags) as often anymore, that's how much i love this bag and it is super practical ... I just got my emp speedy 25 (and ikat nf & emp wallet...finally!) back from repair and even that feels little too big. Alma Bb is on my next wish list, I wanted Pallas in pink, but that bag is way too big for my need anymore! lol :smile:
I do have favorite mm in mono, but that one doesn't hold as much - seriously when you get use to the organization on PM, it's hard to go back to my "blackhole" bags I have!!
Good luck deciding! :smile:
Edit : this is how much I normally have and it can fit a little more :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,948
Last edited:
Buy the Metis first. The Pouchette is a lot of money for a small bag.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
I agree about the PM price. However, it's going to go up. If it were only a $25-75 hike, it wouldn't be to bad. But, with LV who knows? But, probable higher. The same with the Metis. After this increase it will probable be over 2K. This wouldn't be an issue if I'd just buy both right now:smile:

I would say get pochette metis first ... I was a big bag girl and I had to learn to downsize to carry essentials in PM and now I'm hooked.
I just don't see myself carrying big bags (like artsy, Galliera, Irene, nf kinda shoulder bags) as often anymore, that's how much i love this bag and it is super practical ... I just got my emp speedy 25 (and ikat nf & emp wallet...finally!) back from repair and even that feels little too big. Alma Bb is on my next wish list, I wanted Pallas in pink, but that bag is way too big for my need anymore! lol :smile:
I do have favorite mm in mono, but that one doesn't hold as much - seriously when you get use to the organization on PM, it's hard to go back to my "blackhole" bags I have!!
Good luck deciding! :smile:
I get the "blackhole" thing. I feel that way about my Rivington GM and sometimes my Speedy B infini. However, I've wanted the Metis for over a year now and the feeling hasn't gone away. When I tried them both on last week, I was hoping I'd not feel the same anymore. It didn't happen. I love them both for different reasons. I have the Pallas. You really have gotten use to the more compact/smaller bags if the Pallas is to big:smile: But, I do think about these things in the long run. Our needs and likes change often. And thank you for the input about your Favorite MM also. Thank you for your help.

I agree about the PM price. However, it's going to go up. If it were only a $25-75 hike, it wouldn't be to bad. But, with LV who knows? But, probable higher. The same with the Metis. After this increase it will probable be over 2K. This wouldn't be an issue if I'd just buy both right now:smile:

Well they are known for 75-100 in the increase. Funny because I am going back and forth too! I want the Métis as well and I was trying to wait until my Anniversary to receive but my price cap on one bag is 2000. So my birthday may be the time to buy I told my husband which is next month. Either way I refuse to pay over 2000 for the bag not including the taxes.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I get the "blackhole" thing. I feel that way about my Rivington GM and sometimes my Speedy B infini. However, I've wanted the Metis for over a year now and the feeling hasn't gone away. When I tried them both on last week, I was hoping I'd not feel the same anymore. It didn't happen. I love them both for different reasons. I have the Pallas. You really have gotten use to the more compact/smaller bags if the Pallas is to big:smile: But, I do think about these things in the long run. Our needs and likes change often. And thank you for the input about your Favorite MM also. Thank you for your help.

Ohhh, then you might just have to do both...!! :biggrin:
If I had bought PM first, I wouldn't have gotten favorite, I think.
I bought it to take it on cruises - but I didn't like it that much, ended up using roses pochette more for that purpose. But I don't go out at night often specially we have two kids aged 8 & 6 .... But I no longer need to carry their things, I'm on my own as far as "things". LOL
I got PM because my ikat nf gm had lots of problems and they gave me a store credit. I added a few hundred$ to get this bag and it turned out to be amazing!
I wouldn't have spent that much for a small bag if it wasn't for the store credit - I understand where you're coming from. :smile:
But yeah, downsizing from this much stuff to small bag was a torture at first and I felt naked! But I love the fact I can carry my whole life with me to even convenient store or grocery without leaving the bag on shopping cart (I hated doing that!)!
I just wanted to let you know how amazing PM is! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 1,918
I'd get the Metis first, you never know what the price increase might be and it may get priced right out of your range.
I got the Metis Hobo last summer and then the Metis Pochette a month later. I love both bags but I def use the Metis Hobo more as I don't have to down size my items when I use that bag, I do when I use the Pochette as it obviously doesn't fit as much.

GL deciding, I don't think you can go wrong either way. These bags are well loved, you don't see many used ones for sale

Yep. I know. It would be nice if they are going to do an increase that it's very minimal, but my minimal and their minimal are two different versions. I'm going to go probable end of this next week and try both on again and decide. You got your Artsy (or was it 2 Artsys) just in time also. They are priced around the same as the Metis and they are probable going to go over that $2,000 mark.

Edit:: This was for Cornishmon

Last edited:
I have both and I think it really depends on how you plan on using the bag..The PM won't fit as much but nice that it has a closed top...you can fit a lot in the Metis but it does not have a zipper top. I don't think I could pick one as better than the other, they are both great bags and I do use them both....

Ohhh, then you might just have to do both...!! :biggrin:
If I had bought PM first, I wouldn't have gotten favorite, I think.
I bought it to take it on cruises - but I didn't like it that much, ended up using roses pochette more for that purpose. But I don't go out at night often specially we have two kids aged 8 & 6 .... But I no longer need to carry their things, I'm on my own as far as "things". LOL
I got PM because my ikat nf gm had lots of problems and they gave me a store credit. I added a few hundred$ to get this bag and it turned out to be amazing!
I wouldn't have spent that much for a small bag if it wasn't for the store credit - I understand where you're coming from. :smile:
But yeah, downsizing from this much stuff to small bag was a torture at first and I felt naked! But I love the fact I can carry my whole life with me to even convenient store or grocery without leaving the bag on shopping cart (I hated doing that!)!
I just wanted to let you know how amazing PM is! ;)
Thank you so much for your pictures and input. I really want both (if only money grew on trees), but I'll decide when I go over end of this week to try on again. If I get the Metis this time then I'll save a couple of months and then get the PM. They are both so gorgeous and serve different purposes. That's why I want them both. I'll see the Metis in public and I'll just stare. Discretely of course:smile: And the I do the same when every once in awhile I see the PM.

I'm also looking at getting the Favorite MM and I thought in the DE when it comes out. But, I'm also in love with the Pochette NM in epi. Loving the Noir, Carmine, and Fuchsia colors. Since you have the Favorite and a pochette NM would you just say to save your money and just get the pochette NM or is the Favorite a completely different bag and it's worth it also?

I'd get the Metis first, you never know what the price increase might be and it may get priced right out of your range.
I got the Metis Hobo last summer and then the Metis Pochette a month later. I love both bags but I def use the Metis Hobo more as I don't have to down size my items when I use that bag, I do when I use the Pochette as it obviously doesn't fit as much.

GL deciding, I don't think you can go wrong either way. These bags are well loved, you don't see many used ones for sale
Glad to hear you love both. And you're right about them not being on the pre-loved market like other bags. On Fashionphile they seem to get more Metis, but if they are in "excellent" condition then you don't save very much and I'd rather have new. I never see them on Yoogi's. And the one PM I did see on Fashionphile was on there maybe 1 day and then gone. Thanks for your input!! It's greatly appreciated.

I have both and I think it really depends on how you plan on using the bag..The PM won't fit as much but nice that it has a closed top...you can fit a lot in the Metis but it does not have a zipper top. I don't think I could pick one as better than the other, they are both great bags and I do use them both....
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear you love both also. It's just hard deciding which to get first. I like everyone else hopes the price increase is minimal!!