New laptop bag?

purly

resident knitting nerd
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
So up until now I've used a Chanel executive tote as my business-wear laptop bag. Unfortunately, I'm headed someplace very rainy and the executive tote is just open at the top, so it would be really inappropriate. The same seems to be true of the Michael Kors jetset bag I see everybody carrying. I want something equally as classy, but that isn't open at the top, but I haven't seen a lot of options.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Well I don' know if they are considered classy, but MZ Wallace makes some great nylon/leather trim bags that can fit a laptop. I use a Kate for travel, I don't put a laptop in it but on the thread for this brand I was told a 13 inch can fit in it. There are some other totes that I think will work, too. You can ask for suggestions on that thread. They seem pricey for nylon but are very well made, High quality. Just a thought...

For straight-up laptop bags, I recommend Knomo. Their quilted designs are gorgeous and practical!

Being a fan of Mulberry, a Bayswater is always a good choice and a classic style. The patent ones can take any amount of rain with no trouble and they can hold a ton of stuff, incl. a laptop. If your laptop is huge, you might want to try out the Oversized Bays. The leather is also very sturdy and won't mind a bit of rain.

As for other brands, if you're not allergic to print you could try out LV Palermo GM or Totally GM - they are made of coated canvas and have a zipper.

Longchamp does great leather bags, I'm liking this Le Foulonné tote VERY much! Longchamp leather is great quality as is the craftsmanship - I've yet to meet a LC bag that hasn't stood the test of time. Even the 30+ yrs old individuals look great (and are not cheap either, they keep their value extremely well!). Longchamp isn't a too in-your-face brand but they have that classic French charm that gets me every time...
If you'd like to take the easy way out, you could always get a Longchamp Le Pliage or Planétes Tote in the large size and use that to protect your Cerf. Le Pliage are waterproof, foldable totes that come in a large array of colors - the Cerf Tote should fit in the L size. The large one has long handles so you can easily carry it on your shoulder even when wearing a thicker coat and when it's not raining you can fold it into your Cerf. :smile:

Reactions: Yurippe
For straight-up laptop bags, I recommend Knomo. Their quilted designs are gorgeous and practical!

Being a fan of Mulberry, a Bayswater is always a good choice and a classic style. The patent ones can take any amount of rain with no trouble and they can hold a ton of stuff, incl. a laptop. If your laptop is huge, you might want to try out the Oversized Bays. The leather is also very sturdy and won't mind a bit of rain.

As for other brands, if you're not allergic to print you could try out LV Palermo GM or Totally GM - they are made of coated canvas and have a zipper.

Longchamp does great leather bags, I'm liking this Le Foulonné tote VERY much! Longchamp leather is great quality as is the craftsmanship - I've yet to meet a LC bag that hasn't stood the test of time. Even the 30+ yrs old individuals look great (and are not cheap either, they keep their value extremely well!). Longchamp isn't a too in-your-face brand but they have that classic French charm that gets me every time...

If you'd like to take the easy way out, you could always get a Longchamp Le Pliage or Planétes Tote in the large size and use that to protect your Cerf. Le Pliage are waterproof, foldable totes that come in a large array of colors - the Cerf Tote should fit in the L size. The large one has long handles so you can easily carry it on your shoulder even when wearing a thicker coat and when it's not raining you can fold it into your Cerf. :smile:

Excellent suggestions!

Good point.