Does the Mono Artsy MM ever become COMPLETELY comfortable?

LVoeNature

May 4, 2014
I've been thinking about getting the beautiful Artsy MM in the Monogram Canvas for quite a while now. But I was wondering if the bag will eventually become completely comfortable to use everyday once it is broken in.

Mine has definitely become more comfy but I don't think it will ever compare to the comfiness of flat handles (Delightful, Gal, etc)
That said....I've carried mine to work this week and it doesn't dig into my shoulder as much. The handle has become softer. I try to bend it a bit now and then (not too much though or too hard) and hanging over the doorknob with my things inside helped a LOT in the beginning.

^Its since been recommended to not hang the artsy on a door handle as this causes cracking in the leather. Best to let it bend on its own with time and use. More info on this is in the artsy clubhouse.
I think it's a practical bag as all it's interior pockets can be useful/handy, and it's light in color so you can see your stuff. I almost always carry mine over the shoulder, sometimes in the crook of my arm, rarely by hand. If you ever need/want to replace the handle/rings, it's $280 (unless it's an issue with the bag that LV will cover). Hope this helps :smile:

Last edited:
The Artsy handle is a love hate relationship I think. It's not bad when on the shoulder but definitely not for a long period of time. I have said before and I know some disagree but the Artsy is not really meant to be a shoulder bag and it looks awesome handheld. This why I have other bags to use during different times. Don't get me wrong I love my Artsy a lot and I suppose with use the handle has relaxed.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Just curious....What about having to slide the bag off in order to get things in and out of the bag? Does it feel like a hassle or bothersome to have to constantly take it off?

Thanks for all your opinions!

^I find I just slide it down to my elbow...then I just reach in. IMO it seems to pop open easily, perhaps as it's a thicker canvas.
*edit* maybe if you carried a lot of stuff it would be trickier to find what your looking for. I remember having seen a YouTube video of someone commenting that it was hard to reach in and get her stuff, I've never felt that way...again, could be that I don't carry a ton of stuff.

No...I had the Artsy in DA for about a year and it never became soft or comfortable. I eventually gave it to my Mom after I wore it one particular day and came home to discover it had worn parts of my shoulder raw:tdown:

I talked to an LV SA who has the empreinte artsy and she agrees that while it's gorgeous it's not exactly the most comfortable bag esp if you walk around with it a lot. But it does look nice so I think it depends on your usage. I like flat handles on shoulder bags.

I think if you want a comfy every day bag (grab and go) IMO the Artsy is not it. I do love mine but if I know I'll be walking a lot I'll reach for a bag that I don't feel on my shoulder. The last time I carried my Artsy for two hours straight- I often go on jobs with my hubby- we're both realtors and he also appraises- my shoulder was red and there were actually indentations.
I know there are some members that have had cracking issues with the canvas or the handle but luckily mine is still good. I hung my bag on a doorknob - but resting on a folded towel. I don't overstuff my bag at all so you DO need to be gentle. I think many people out there really overload their bags and break them in too quickly or fill them up too much. In spite of everything the Artsy is a beautiful bag. I love my mono and would never sell it but I wouldn't buy a second one.