When do you know its time to say bye! Do you go 'off' your bags?

babyS.xx

Mar 3, 2013
I'm very indecisive. I have a jumbo that I LOVED. It is very sentimental, it was my first and the way I bought it makes me love it more (being the last one in the shops, getting a parking ticket for parking right outside the store :roflmfao: - being £1.00 short in cash :smile: ) But I just have recently gone off of the bag. I still love it but don't want to use it. I'm more into smaller bags now.

If I kept it it would be for sentimental value. Perhaps sometimes I could get some use out of it, use it as a GST, since I don't have one. Or I could sell it for a low price and get a get?

I was wondering whether any of you also go off bags you once loved, but get back into it again? Should I keep it a bit longer and wait and see? I doubt I would be spending that much on a jumbo again, yes to a m/l but not a jumbo.

Also what price would you be comfortable to sell it at? It was bought a year or two ago before the last price increase and looks almost new.

I would never even think of getting rid of a classic flap purchased at a previous price simply b/c you can't replace it at that price, and most likely you will 'get back into it' at some point.

Jumbo flap will always be a classic, maybe a few years down the road you'll be wishing you still had it. And with the price increases it might be out if reach. I vote to keep it.:smile:

I agree that you should keep it. Your lifestyle will continue to change throughout the years. You may find that you will need a bigger bag in the future.

I have a jumbo that I've only carried once or twice, but will never part with it. I imagine myself pulling it out for brunch with my girlfriends when I retire. Haha

I agree with all the other posters...I don't use my maxi as much anymore but I wouldn't sell it as it is truly a classic and with all of the price increases I would hate to have to replace it at the inflated prices

Plus you may find yourself back into bigger bags in the future as your lifestyle changes

I go off of bags all the time, and have learned not to sell them unless they don't work for me functionally.
Case in point: I have a 2009 grey reissue camera bag that I hunted high and low for and finally found in new condition on eBay (yes, I got it authenticated here). Wore it a lot at first, then sporadically, then put in in its box where it stayed for several months. I hardly gave it another thought. Just pulled it out again after a period of time of carrying heavy, full tote bags and LOVE it!

It you still like the bag but just aren't feeling the love right now, pack it away and pay attention to your other bags for a while, nothing wrong with that. But I agree with those that say Don't sell. Especially with the classics -- if you regret it later on, who knows how high the price will be then?

I agree with everyone...don't sell. You will regret it down the line. At the very least hang on to it for a few years and if you decide that you really don't want it anymore sell then.... by then you will make more $ on it.

I have to say with general bags if its a winter bag and a whole autumn winter and spring pass and it doesnt get worn... its out. Summer if its not worn in 2 years.

With chanel, classic neutral flaps never... BUT seasonal colors that dont get used.. if i can sell at current rrp or close to buy something new from Chanel ill do it!!

I sold my black classic m/l flap and have no regrets. It was my first Chanel and in mint condition but wasn't using it. I use my jumbo and reissues far more. I don't get sentimental about bags and just use what is practical for me. That being said if you think you might regret in the future don't let it go just yet because it will be more expensive in the future.

I would never even think of getting rid of a classic flap purchased at a previous price simply b/c you can't replace it at that price, and most likely you will 'get back into it' at some point.

Agree! Been there. Done that. Regretted it.

Jumbo flap will always be a classic, maybe a few years down the road you'll be wishing you still had it. And with the price increases it might be out if reach. I vote to keep it.:smile:

Thank you for your replies :smile: when I think about it like that makes me not want to sell. Since its a jumbo too I wouldn't want to buy one again even at the current price :s and yes I guess since it is a classic it can't hurt to keep it I think I was getting carried away, rushing it, planning to sell fast and cheap does not seem so worth it now! :s

Thank you for your replies :smile: when I think about it like that makes me not want to sell. Since its a jumbo too I wouldn't want to buy one again even at the current price :s and yes I guess since it is a classic it can't hurt to keep it I think I was getting carried away, rushing it, planning to sell fast and cheap does not seem so worth it now! :s

I agree that you should keep it. Your lifestyle will continue to change throughout the years. You may find that you will need a bigger bag in the future.

I have a jumbo that I've only carried once or twice, but will never part with it. I imagine myself pulling it out for brunch with my girlfriends when I retire. Haha
:biggrin: It would serve that purpose well! x

I agree with all the other posters...I don't use my maxi as much anymore but I wouldn't sell it as it is truly a classic and with all of the price increases I would hate to have to replace it at the inflated prices

Plus you may find yourself back into bigger bags in the future as your lifestyle changes

I go off of bags all the time, and have learned not to sell them unless they don't work for me functionally.
Case in point: I have a 2009 grey reissue camera bag that I hunted high and low for and finally found in new condition on eBay (yes, I got it authenticated here). Wore it a lot at first, then sporadically, then put in in its box where it stayed for several months. I hardly gave it another thought. Just pulled it out again after a period of time of carrying heavy, full tote bags and LOVE it!

It you still like the bag but just aren't feeling the love right now, pack it away and pay attention to your other bags for a while, nothing wrong with that. But I agree with those that say Don't sell. Especially with the classics -- if you regret it later on, who knows how high the price will be then?

I have to say with general bags if its a winter bag and a whole autumn winter and spring pass and it doesnt get worn... its out. Summer if its not worn in 2 years.

With chanel, classic neutral flaps never... BUT seasonal colors that dont get used.. if i can sell at current rrp or close to buy something new from Chanel ill do it!!

I am so scared of selling due to the prices increases, I'll regret it later! I wouldn't want to just hold on to it and never use it just because of the price as instead of losing out on a bit of money by selling, I'd be losing the whole price of the bag would be a loss if I don't use it.

The bag is in a seasonal classic colour :smile: It is the kind of patent looking caviar. It shines and looks like lambskin. Thats why I could not buy it again even if I wanted to. I sell all my bags that don't get used. I think because its my first flap and its in such a desirable colour, I am thinking twice about selling it.

That said I think I will take your advice and pack it away! It seems like such a good idea and makes so much sense! I'm on the hunt for a new flap and boy, I think maybe because I'm so into small bags atm I don't care for any other bag :biggrin: but all bags serve different purposes. I think I may fall back in love with it after not seeing it and I'll be able to just pull it out instead of regretting selling :biggrin: