Need Help! Totally DE or Neverfull mm?

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
It has been quite a while since I bought an LV handbag. I absolutely love the look of the neverfull in DE, but I keep reading about all the issues and that scares me. I have a few mono shoulder bags so I am not sure if I would want another. I like the practicality of the totally in De , not sure what size. I am 5'9" and have very sensitive shoulders . What would you recommend ? Another suggestion would be okay too it should not be more $1500.

Totally DE MM. I have the totally DE in pm but I'm a measly 5'3 and love it as a purse rather than a tote.

Is it comfortable on your shoulder? I was reading that the De straps are quite hard. I love the pm size as I do not carry much but with my height it might look silly. Thanks for the recommendation as I am all over the place with this choice.

Is it comfortable on your shoulder? I was reading that the De straps are quite hard. I love the pm size as I do not carry much but with my height it might look silly. Thanks for the recommendation as I am all over the place with this choice.
I think in general DE straps are tough especially with sensitive shoulders. I can think of only the totally, speedy B and bloomie under your budget. I have the speedy B 35 DE and was thinking of purchasing the shoulder patch for comfort. GLD!!

I think in general DE straps are tough especially with sensitive shoulders. I can think of only the totally, speedy B and bloomie under your budget. I have the speedy B 35 DE and was thinking of purchasing the shoulder patch for comfort. GLD!!

Thank you for your honesty . I have the bh and the cabas beaubourg and the petit bucket in mono and they are all comfortable but rarely worn because the winters here are rough. I wanted something with cleaner lines that could be worn in bad weather. I already have speedy 30 in de . I could probably go a bit higher in the budget but not sure if I would even want to. I also have the old papillon 30 in de but the straps on that are comfortable too it but I do not like to mush it's round shape .

Totally MM in DE! IMO the straps are softer than the DE Neverfull's right out of the box. I've tried the Totally on in the store and found it very comfortable, with no strap slippage during try-on. Plus you get more pockets and a zippered top with Totally.

Totally MM in DE! IMO the straps are softer than the DE Neverfull's right out of the box. I've tried the Totally on in the store and found it very comfortable, with no strap slippage during try-on. Plus you get more pockets and a zippered top with Totally.

I am glad to hear the straps aren't that bad. I also like that the top can fully close if I get caught in a down pour. Do you think it weighs more then a pound and a half empty?

Totally DE! You will appreciate the zippere top. Straps are thicker and more comfortable to wear. The side pockets are a great plus.

I am surprised there is so much love for the totally. I always liked but often others didn't and I was worried if I bought it and got tired of it , it would not sell like a neverfull would. Though I have to say it have never sold one of my LV's. So glad to hear more positive info on the straps .

I am glad to hear the straps aren't that bad. I also like that the top can fully close if I get caught in a down pour. Do you think it weighs more then a pound and a half empty?

Yes, I'd say it weighs less than a pound and a half empty although I'm admittedly not great at estimating weights with precision. Several tPFers have this bag and hopefully one of them will chime in about the weight. If you're able, I suggest visiting the the boutique to try on the bags, get a feel for the size and so forth. You might fall in love with something completely different from these two. Also check out the Totally Clubhouse and watch a few YouTube videos and see how others load up their bags, compare them to other bags, and enjoy them over time. I love the Totally MM and would have purchased it if I hadn't fallen in love with the Westminster GM. I wouldn't recommend Westie for sensitive shoulders since Westie is heavier with stiffer straps than Totally out of the box. My shoulders are accustomed to my big heavy leather bags from other designers, though :smile:

Totally agree with Happybag - the Totally MM is completely comfortable and functional. Zipper, all the pockets and the structure are all a plus. It is beautiful in DE very classy. I would definitely forgo the Neverfull DE for the Totally. The Neverful is a nice bag too because I like the fact I can change the shape if the bag - kind of have two bags in one. May I suggest going and placing the two bags side by side and do a visual comparison to see which you prefer in person. They are both about the same size with the Neverfull a tad bigger. Sometimes it boils down to open top or zipper. Neither really bother me but depending on where I am going I like the zipper option. I have posted pictures of both bags for you but my Neverfull MM is in DA - keep in mind cinching in the sides in the DE is probably a no no. View attachment 2741809View attachment 2741810View attachment 2741811View attachment 2741812

Be Blessed MoNikki

Both bags are 1/2lbs with the NF just a tad lighter. Here is also the Neverful open tote look.View attachment 2741817

Be Blessed MoNikki

Wow , they are both stunning. When I go to buy one Dh will be with me and he is getting it for me. He is not in to bags so I have to go in with it pretty narrowed down with all the positives and negatives already in my head. Open top does not really bother as most of my bags are open top. It is more of a comfort factor on the shoulder and visual attraction to it. I like that you do not have to worry about the piping on the totally in De getting dirty.

Wow , they are both stunning. When I go to buy one Dh will be with me and he is getting it for me. He is not in to bags so I have to go in with it pretty narrowed down with all the positives and negatives already in my head. Open top does not really bother as most of my bags are open top. It is more of a comfort factor on the shoulder and visual attraction to it. I like that you do not have to worry about the piping on the totally in De getting dirty.

Well seriously if you looking for comfort the Totally will be your choice. Maybe look at some other choices as well. Yeah my husband is not into bags either but he has picked a few of mine. And straps on the DE Neverfull are not comfortable at all - the vachetta is better for comfort.

Be Blessed MoNikki