Can you wear dupioni silk in the fall

Roe

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Hello all,

I recently fell in love with a skirt at Calypso St. Barth and it finally went on sale. My question is, can i pull this off in the fall/ winter time and if so, with what? opinions and advice needed before purchasing.

Attachments

• calypso skirt.PNG
    calypso skirt.PNG
    469.4 KB · Views: 229
Hello all,

I recently fell in love with a skirt at Calypso St. Barth and it finally went on sale. My question is, can i pull this off in the fall/ winter time and if so, with what? opinions and advice needed before purchasing.

I used to buy a TON of their silk dupioni dresses years ago and wore them all year-round. In the winter I would stick with the darker colors and pair with tights, in the summer, the lighter colors. I stopped buying them because they were hard to clean - the silk doesn't do well with sweat stains, or any kind of stains, etc. and dry cleaning was a little harsh on the material. Hand washing (even with gentle cleansers for silk) ruined the fabric. But it's a gorgeous material, and would be more wearable/durable as a skirt.

So I would says definitely - if you pair with a nice sweater, or crisp button-down blouse and a pair of riding boots, I think it would be a classic, fun look for the Fall.

This has great potential! I can see it looking amazing with knitted sweater. Silk is a year round fabric as it keeps the body, cool or warm as needed. Please post some photos if you get it, would love to see you wearing this.