Need advice: Totally in Monogram or DE?

monkeechu

O.G.
May 15, 2009
Hello felllow TPF'ers.

I'm completely torn. I cannot decide which would be a better purchase: the Totally PM in Monogram or DE?

Long story short, I bought a Totally PM in DE, but returned it for a Diane. Now I'm longing for the Totally again. I love how the DE would be more low maintenance (e.g. no dirtying of straps) but feel that I already have a DE bag. I do own other Monogram pieces and have a Neverfull in DA (so that rules out the Totally in MM size and DA color). Part of me feels the Totally is more classic in the Monogram.

Anyone wish they got their Totally in a different pattern? Or why do you love what you purchased?

TIA!

I had the Totally PM in Azur and sold for the Neverfull MM Azur. Was just too small for my needs at the time. Then in March when they came out with the Totally MM DE I purchased and I love that bag! I guess it's just a preference of what print you like the bag in. Maybe go to the boutique and put the two side by side.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I have a Totally pm in mono and love it. The vachetta shoulder straps are so comfortable compared to the leather straps on my Neverfull de or Favorite de. The new Totally de is beautiful but the mono is so classic and comfortable.

I have a DE. It's my favorite bag. Functionality wise it is really amazing. I suggest the DE so you don't have to worry about getting the vachetta dirty. You can use it as your workhorse bag.

I should also say that the straps on the Mono are so comfortable that it was really what sold me to get it. I figured if I'm gonna carry a big bag, it should be comfortable and not kill my shoulders:smile:

I like DE for versatility but the straps on the Mono version will stretch more. Depends if you're getting PM or MM. I had a DA PM and while the bag was the perfect size the straps were a tad short new. But they stretch. DE straps will stay their original shape. Upside of DE though is rain-proof and can be easily cleaned!

I like DE for versatility but the straps on the Mono version will stretch more. Depends if you're getting PM or MM. I had a DA PM and while the bag was the perfect size the straps were a tad short new. But they stretch. DE straps will stay their original shape. Upside of DE though is rain-proof and can be easily cleaned!
I tried de myself and found strap is more stiff than mono. Same dilemma here.

Hello felllow TPF'ers.

I'm completely torn. I cannot decide which would be a better purchase: the Totally PM in Monogram or DE?

Long story short, I bought a Totally PM in DE, but returned it for a Diane. Now I'm longing for the Totally again. I love how the DE would be more low maintenance (e.g. no dirtying of straps) but feel that I already have a DE bag. I do own other Monogram pieces and have a Neverfull in DA (so that rules out the Totally in MM size and DA color). Part of me feels the Totally is more classic in the Monogram.

Anyone wish they got their Totally in a different pattern? Or why do you love what you purchased?

TIA!
Go for the Totally PM in DE :biggrin: In the long run, you will thank the worry-free straps.

Like many other people, I wish LV would make some monogram items with the same trim used on DE. I don't like the look of aged vachetta and in the climate I live it's impossible to keep it nice. So I'd go for the DE - in fact I've wanted a Totally for years but wouldn't buy it because it only came with vachetta. I might hold out a while longer and see if LV starts listening to all the other people who hate it. I'd really rather have a monogram one since I already have a DE Speedy.