Help please re: new purchase - oak bays

calgal818

May 18, 2007
Ok, I've wanted an oak bayswater for years. Took the plunge and bought 2nd hand on eBay, after getting it authenticated on here.
It has arrived. I think it looks good but a few fears.

1. The dimensions do not seem to resemble anything like what is listed on mulberry.com
Can anyone tell me how I should be measuring e.g. How do you measure the handle drop etc, also width & height

2. The handle does not feel as 'firm' and unmoveable as the handle in my Ledbury, is this normal?

I'm sure there was something else but can't remember now. My gut is that it is not a fake bag but I'd love to get final confirmation.

I think it's an older bays - maybe they changed dimensions slightly??

Any advice & help appreciated.

Thank you

I've just had a look at the listing and it looks a lovely bag to me. I'm not an authenticator but can't see any alam bells, looks totally authentic. If the Authenticators on here gave it the thumbs up I'm sure it's fine. If you still have concerns you can always pay for an authentication on somewhere like authenticate 4U.com

I wouldn't worry about the stitching as sure it's changed quite often over the years. The handles also become more relaxed over time.

I don't think it's Darwin though, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Darwin have oblong Mulberry tags? This has the usual oval which I think makes it NVT leather.

Great bag, congrats and enjoy. :biggrin:

I've just had a look at the listing and it looks a lovely bag to me. I'm not an authenticator but can't see any alam bells, looks totally authentic. If the Authenticators on here gave it the thumbs up I'm sure it's fine. If you still have concerns you can always pay for an authentication on somewhere like authenticate 4U.com

I wouldn't worry about the stitching as sure it's changed quite often over the years. The handles also become more relaxed over time.

I don't think it's Darwin though, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Darwin have oblong Mulberry tags? This has the usual oval which I think makes it NVT leather.

Great bag, congrats and enjoy. :biggrin:

Thank you. This has helped reassure me x

Thanks for replies. I spoke to mulberry today & they told me how to measure it properly which fits exactly to what I have, so am very reassured, especially by your feedback also,
*excited*