Recommend a purse for $1500 or less;

nikimenz

Jul 28, 2014
I'm not someone who really wants to spend a huge amount of money on a purse.

Could you recommend a purse for around 1500 or less?
OR
What bag to avoid that you bought that was around 1500 or less to prevent people from making the mistake?

If you are looking for new, then depending on brand/style you may be limited.

But if preowned is acceptable.......then there are so many options.

What are your requirements? Style, brand, new/preowned?

I was being vague on purpose! Haha, sorry girls!
Just so it doesn't only relate to me.
Does that make sense? or no?
:s.
Haha

Just what your favourite would be.

Sucks that 1500 is limiting though. Money goes no where anymore :sad: haha

You know, I use to hate LV canvas bags. Then I bought a Neverfull GM in DE. I see the appeal. It's the most practical bag I own, and it was under $1,500.

Another option are Tiffany bags. I know they're not talked about much here, but the leather and workmanship is excellent.
You can get some of their totes, satchels or hobos for under 1,500.
I bought my black tote for about 900.

My favorite are Balenciaga city bags. The ones in regular hardware use to be $1,495 but they recently had a price increase so they're now $1,835. You can get some pre-loved ones in excellent condition for less obviously.

Fendi By the Way grande satchel in turtledove (grey)! A little over 1500 at 1750, but with discount/points on a dept store card I bet you could get it more around 1500.

love the look and should be nice color for fall/winter :smile:

I'm thinking of two iconic bags. LV Neverfull and LV Speedy in coated canvas.
Indestructible and never out of fashion.

You know, I use to hate LV canvas bags. Then I bought a Neverfull GM in DE. I see the appeal. It's the most practical bag I own, and it was under $1,500.

Another option are Tiffany bags. I know they're not talked about much here, but the leather and workmanship is excellent.

My favorite are Balenciaga city bags. The ones in regular hardware use to be $1,495 but they recently had a price increase so they're now $1,835. You can get some pre-loved ones in excellent condition for less obviously.

+1 to LV canvas (Speedy and NF to be more specific). Under $1500, practical and durable. +1 to BPC's suggestions of Tiffany and Balenciaga City. Don't own a Tiffany bag personally but I've heard great things about them and they have plenty under $1500. Bal City can be bought pre-loved for $1500 or less.

I also like Ralph Lauren's bags from the Lauren line. Under $1500, good quality, and the styles are very likeable. Furla has many bags under $1500 and they are of good quality as well (both RL and Furla have saffiano bags for a fraction of the price of premier/premium designers' saffiano bags - they have some for less than $300). If you like nylon, Longchamp has many at over $100. My favorite is the Planetes line but it's being discontinued.

There are many options for bags $1500 or less. Most bags from contemporary designers will fall under that, as well as some bags from certain premier/premium designers (LV Speedy/NF, etc). If you buy pre-loved, that opens up even more options. As far as those I would recommend that fall under that price range, those would be the ones I mentioned.

ETA: I can narrow down the options further if more details are given as far as preference goes, but OP did mention she was being vague on purpose. Hope I was still able to help. :smile:

Last edited:

I just checked!
I love their Peyton Satchel! it's gorgeous!
a Tiffany's would match with my legacy engagement ring ;)

Have you had any issues with your tote?

Fendi By the Way grande satchel in turtledove (grey)! A little over 1500 at 1750, but with discount/points on a dept store card I bet you could get it more around 1500.

love the look and should be nice color for fall/winter :smile:

Wow!
I actually love this bag!
But have you had problems with scratches?

I'm thinking of two iconic bags. LV Neverfull and LV Speedy in coated canvas.
Indestructible and never out of fashion.

I used to be obsessed with the look of the LV, but here in Lausanne, Switzerland - EVERYONE has them. I mean everyone. So it's really turning me off from getting one while I live here :sad:

I just checked!
I love their Peyton Satchel! it's gorgeous!
a Tiffany's would match with my legacy engagement ring ;)

Have you had any issues with your tote?

No issues. But it's only a few months old, and I alternate bags.. a lot.

I used to be obsessed with the look of the LV, but here in Lausanne, Switzerland - EVERYONE has them. I mean everyone. So it's really turning me off from getting one while I live here :sad:

I'm in NYC. LV canvas bags are part of the scenery here. You can't go more than two blocks without seeing one (real and fake). So yes, I totally understand.

But the truth is, there's a reason so many people use them- they really are durable, much more so than leather. They're also very light.

I was in Florida for two weeks. Took my LV to the beach every day and the bag is still in perfect shape. I would never take my Bal bags, or even my Tiffany tote to the beach.

No issues. But it's only a few months old, and I alternate bags.. a lot.

I'm in NYC. LV canvas bags are part of the scenery here. You can't go more than two blocks without seeing one (real and fake). So yes, I totally understand.

But the truth is, there's a reason so many people use them- they really are durable, much more so than leather. They're also very light.

I was in Florida for two weeks. Took my LV to the beach every day and the bag is still in perfect shape. I would never take my Bal bags, or even my Tiffany tote to the beach.

Yeah, I'm sure the quality is amazing! I was looking at the speedy in D. But I sort of want a bag thats not so popular here!
I get compliments on my rottweiler givenchy because no one here has it.

Wow!
I actually love this bag!
But have you had problems with scratches?

Another vote here for Fendi By The Way - love this bag! Being petite I went with the piccolo (small) size and it's "only" $1400. She's plenty roomy, light as a feather, very comfortable, and the leather is durable - I'm not worried about scratches with her. Check the thread in the Fendi forum (I have a few mod pictures there as well) :smile: http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/anybody-who-is-buying-has-bought-way-bag-870621.html