Michael Kors Orange shades - Mandarin / Tangerine / Burnt Orange?

myra24

May 3, 2013
Hello fellow Tpfers!

I'm looking online for an orange bag from MK - likely saffiano leather. I know MK released a couple of different shades - tangerine, mandarin, etc.

Does anyone have a comparison pic for the various oranges, or can describe the colors? I want something that's striking, but not in a neon territory. I'll mostly likely look up on ebay as there aren't too many stores carrying all shades.

The stock photos are not very helpful, so I was hoping someone has looked at this before :smile: :smile:

Current release is called orange. I have not seen orange in person. Mandarin was an orangish-red that went on clearance at the beginning of the summer and is not as widely available anymore. Tangerine and burnt orange are older colors that I'm not familiar with. :smile:

I used to have a tangerine Hamilton. I've seen all three shades of orange in person and tangerine is definitely the brightest, but it isn't anywhere near neon. Orange is similar to tangerine, but more "dull".. Mandarin is a gorgeous red-orange. None of these shades fall under the neon category.

Mandarin is a brighter orange-red, tangerine is semi-bright (not neon though) orange with a light yellow undertone in it which is more of a summer colour, and orange is a flat pumpkin colour that's well suited for fall

I probably have the photo of my Denueve satchel somewhere in the forum here, but it is the tangerine color. It is a true, crayon orange color.

Thank you all! :biggrin:

Mandarin looks very pretty - might look out for that online!

I don't have sbs shots because I only own one orange MK bag: burnt orange from a couple (few) years back? This is the regular leather. Photo with the flash isn't accurate...it's truly hard to capture...a very spicy rich orange that is almost dark but not...however, it's not as brown as a brick-orange.

I have seen Mandarin though - it's very orange-red and like another TPF member said, none are neon.

Attachments

• MK burnt orange lrg NS Hamilton tote no flash.jpg
    MK burnt orange lrg NS Hamilton tote no flash.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 596
  • MK burnt orange lrg NS Hamilton tote w flash.jpg
    MK burnt orange lrg NS Hamilton tote w flash.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 593
I don't have sbs shots because I only own one orange MK bag: burnt orange from a couple (few) years back? This is the regular leather. Photo with the flash isn't accurate...it's truly hard to capture...a very spicy rich orange that is almost dark but not...however, it's not as brown as a brick-orange.

I have seen Mandarin though - it's very orange-red and like another TPF member said, none are neon.

I am not a huge orange fan, but like this shade. It is like a pumpkin spice color :smile:

I am not a huge orange fan, but like this shade. It is like a pumpkin spice color :smile:

I'm "off" orange (and purple) handbags now and almost consigned this. All my purple bags are sold. But I decided to keep this because it's not a trendy colour...it's just me and eventually, I could want an orange handbag again. It's also such an awesome bag regardless of colour, period.

Yea, spicy pumpkin is a good description.