A little rant about quality....

loubieloo

Jul 23, 2011
So I've been building my collection over the last couple of years and it's still quite modest at around 14 pairs now.

However, the quality of the CLs I've bought lately seems to be really bad.

I bought Paulina flats from net a porter in March. I've had to return them as the PVC trim split and they couldn't be repaired.

My Pigalle patent spikes on both shoes the patent is starting to split on both sides of the top of the toe box. I can't have worn them more than six or seven times.

On all my patent point shoes the toes get scraped so easily and the patent scrapes off. This can't be repaired as far as I know.

Sent my Sonietta spike flats to CL cobbler for spike replacement.

I'm disappointed that the shoes have faults so soon. Has the quality gone downhill or is it just me?

So I've been building my collection over the last couple of years and it's still quite modest at around 14 pairs now.

However, the quality of the CLs I've bought lately seems to be really bad.

I bought Paulina flats from net a porter in March. I've had to return them as the PVC trim split and they couldn't be repaired.

My Pigalle patent spikes on both shoes the patent is starting to split on both sides of the top of the toe box. I can't have worn them more than six or seven times.

On all my patent point shoes the toes get scraped so easily and the patent scrapes off. This can't be repaired as far as I know.

Sent my Sonietta spike flats to CL cobbler for spike replacement.

I'm disappointed that the shoes have faults so soon. Has the quality gone downhill or is it just me?
The nude trim on my Paulina 100 also splits since the thread was sewn too close to the edge. I brought it to the cobbler and he said there was nothing he could do about it for now :sweatdrop:

I returned a pair of Body Strass Pigalles to the CL store after three crystals fell off during shipping and some looked liked they were hot glued on by a toddler... The CL manager at my boutique offered to super glue them back on for me... I hadn't even worn them and they were already falling apart and no, I don't want you to try and glue my new $1200 shoes back together! They need better quality control and better testing before production to make sure their ideas are practical.

The nude trim on my Paulina 100 also splits since the thread was sewn too close to the edge. I brought it to the cobbler and he said there was nothing he could do about it for now :sweatdrop:

Yes that's exactly what happened to mine. I sent them to MM7 in London but they said it could only be glued back and I didn't want that. NAP have given me store credit now.

I too have had the leather split, right in the toe box area.....One pair I had started spliting after one wear(did not wear them for 6 months after buying) but contacted the Louboutin boutique(the one at the Palazzo in Las Vegas) and after sending them my reciept, they exchanged them for a new pair.....but since then, my black patent So kates has those splits(purchased from Saks.com) but they would not do anything about it.....and have a pair of Pigalle 100 Kid that has the same splits and Barney's NY would not do anything about it.....I have never seen these splits on any of my Manolo's, Sergio Rossi's, Jimmy choo's, etc......not sure why Louboutins split, considering the amount of $$ they cost.....

Here is a picture of the split I had on my New Decoltissimo......these splits are now showing up on my Black Patent So Kates, and Black Kid Pigalle 100's

These splits are not the result of stretching or anything like that since I don' stretch......never seen this in my collection of Manolo's, Choo's Sergio Rossi's, Pradas....

Attachments

• NewDecoltdefect.jpg
    NewDecoltdefect.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,524
Here is a picture of the split I had on my New Decoltissimo......these splits are now showing up on my Black Patent So Kates, and Black Kid Pigalle 100's

These splits are not the result of stretching or anything like that since I don' stretch......never seen this in my collection of Manolo's, Choo's Sergio Rossi's, Pradas....

:wtf::wtf::shocked:

I must agree :sad:

The pyramid spikes on my Druide Sandals fell off after first two wears!
I snatched those off eBay and they were $2xx brand new, so I didn't really care to send them to MM7 or anything. But if I would have paid full $1000 price I would be bummed. :pout:

My So Kates and Pigalle 100 Kid

The good thing is that these cracks have not progressed or gotten larger, but it seems like they would/could over time....

Attachments

• DSCN2745.jpg
    DSCN2745.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 1,536
  • DSCN2744.jpg
    DSCN2744.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 1,531
That is very sad for you, I am so sorry.

However I have had my question over the quality of the materials and where the shoes are made now for some time, compared to the price charged.

I have to say I've never had any such problem with my Manolo, Gucci etc.

I strongly recommend going back to the boutique or complaining directly to CL.

I can't speak to the last year or two, but this has been a complaint that has come up a lot over the years. When I first started collecting CLs in 2007, there were far fewer made, and it seemed like there was a lot of attention to detail. As the business exploded and production went mass, a lot was lost. I will say though that handmade items aren't always perfect, but stitching and construction should be excellent for the price.

My So Kates and Pigalle 100 Kid

The good thing is that these cracks have not progressed or gotten larger, but it seems like they would/could over time....

I've actually seen this happen to a few CLs over the years. It's never happened to mine, but on the forum there have been some complaints. It definitely seems like a construction problem. They should be able to withstand the flexing of your feet without cracking or splitting.