How does your man react to your bags?

Le BF does raise an eyebrow every now and then, but as we don't live together yet he doesn't really comment much. He did find the craze caused by my latest purchase a bit weird but amusing...I think he may well think I've gone totally insane when he sees what happens when I actually receive it! :weird:

DBF has always supported my handbag habit. He's bought me bags or pitched in for my bags and SLGs.
He's learned quickly, knowing style names from all my current favorite brands. He knows what styles I prefer, materials, colors, everything. Lol. I just talk about it that much and he listens to all of it.

Did you ever look up the Merriam-Webster definition of 'man?' It's interesting:

1man

noun \ˈman, in compounds ˌman or mən\

: an adult male human being
: a man or boy who shows the qualities (such as strength and courage) that men are traditionally supposed to have
: a woman's husband or boyfriend
: a gender of human being that has no interest in handbags and thinks the gender that does have an interest in handbags is out of its bleedin' mind

1man

: a man or boy who shows the qualities (such as strength and courage) that men are traditionally supposed to have
: a gender of human being that has no interest in handbags and thinks the gender that does have an interest in handbags is out of its bleedin' mind

:roflmfao:

Luckily my man does have interests on some handbags :P

1man

This is just plain hilarious!

1man

Tooooo funny!!!

I pay for all my frivolous purchases so he doesn't comment on any of them. I think that would quickly change should he ever have to finance my shopping. He did say he liked my SO Birkins, but he still wouldn't pay for them.

I do consult him on my purchases, but I'm not asking for his permission. Two years ago I passed up on a 28cm croc Kelly in my favorite color because he said it might be a bit much and I thought I would feel bad spending that much on a bag. But when Christmas rolled around and I joked that he hadn't gotten me a present, he asked "didn't you get your croc Kelly?" Damn, if I knew he was okay with me buying the bag, I would have gotten it!

In any case, I'm all bagged out. Our money now mostly go into buying more real estate and furnishings.

He doesn't mind at all. But he's also obsessed with getting the newest electronic gadgets (phones, tablets. etc), so he can't really say much. :lol:

He doesn't mind at all. But he's also obsessed with getting the newest electronic gadgets (phones, tablets. etc), so he can't really say much. :lol:
Okay. You want to know how bad I am? Here's how bad I am. I am obsessed with handbags, and getting the newest electronic gadgets. I can't wait until tomorrow; Samsung is unveiling the Galaxy Note 4, and I want to trade up from my Galaxy Note 3. Yes. I am hopeless.

Okay. You want to know how bad I am? Here's how bad I am. I am obsessed with handbags, and getting the newest electronic gadgets. I can't wait until tomorrow; Samsung is unveiling the Galaxy Note 4, and I want to trade up from my Galaxy Note 3. Yes. I am hopeless.

:roflmfao:

hmm.. is it similar to the Galaxy S4 phone? Because I have the S4 phone and I honestly can't remember how I lived before getting it.. lol..

hmm.. is it similar to the Galaxy S4 phone? Because I have the S4 phone and I honestly can't remember how I lived before getting it.. lol..
The Galaxy Note line is the "phablet" line. My Note 3 is 5.7" and has a stylus that is inserted in the bottom that you can do all sorts of special things with.

imagesO38Z9V4M.jpg

Okay. Enough of this. Back to handbags!

He is really good about it! His thing is, as long as you are taking care of your responsibilities, I don't have a problem with what you do. We believe in SAVE, SAVE, SAVE, INVEST, INVEST, INVEST! But we also believe in work hard, PLAY HARD!! We balance each other really well because he loves to shop just as I do! It was love at first SALE! :P

He is really good about it! His thing is, as long as you are taking care of your responsibilities, I don't have a problem with what you do. We believe in SAVE, SAVE, SAVE, INVEST, INVEST, INVEST! But we also believe in work hard, PLAY HARD!! We balance each other really well because he loves to shop just as I do! It was love at first SALE! :P
I'd like to be like you when I grow up.

I pay for all my frivolous purchases so he doesn't comment on any of them. I think that would quickly change should he ever have to finance my shopping. He did say he liked my SO Birkins, but he still wouldn't pay for them.

I do consult him on my purchases, but I'm not asking for his permission. Two years ago I passed up on a 28cm croc Kelly in my favorite color because he said it might be a bit much and I thought I would feel bad spending that much on a bag. But when Christmas rolled around and I joked that he hadn't gotten me a present, he asked "didn't you get your croc Kelly?" Damn, if I knew he was okay with me buying the bag, I would have gotten it!

In any case, I'm all bagged out. Our money now mostly go into buying more real estate and furnishings.
Oh, the Croc Kelly. I'll never be able to afford it in a gazillion years. That scene at the end of the movie "Le Divorce," when Kate Hudson, for no reason I have ever been able to fathom, puts the gun in her Croc Kelly and throws it off the Eiffel Tower will always give me the willies. I want to scream, "why did you do that?? Why did you bleeping do that???"*

*and a man's reaction to that scene is probably something like, "Oh, good. This movie's finally over."

Last edited: