My fingers are killing me! lol! Regarding Mini Antigona strap...

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Hi ladies, what am I doing wrong?! My fingers are killing me as I have been trying for the past hour at least to get the 2nd stud into the 1st hole so I can make the strap at its longest. It will not budge! The way it comes new is a bit too short on me. I just got the black smooth leather one with gold hardware and I dunno what to do. For now I just have the stud at the tip of the hole and I tightened it up with the round fasteners so at least the length is okay, but of course this looks sloppy! Do you think I will need to take into a cobbler? This is so ridiculous, it shouldn't be this hard! It's supposed to be adjustable, right?? :huh:

Anyone have this issue? How did you finally get the stud through the hole? Any tips??

Well it's funny your mentioning this because I had dedicated a whole thread due to my problems with the strap and it eventually led to the tiny studs falling off god knows where.... Long story short, I exchanged for the same bag brand new. I suggest you look up the thread. Anyways, as I got home with my brand new mini ant I realized that I had to adjust the strap to make it it's longest, but on my last one (the bag I experienced all the problems) it was the SA that adjusted the strap... And so the struggle began. I want to first start off by saying, don't adjust it if you don't plan on keeping it at that length because it's too much of a hassle. Ok, so the main problem is that the hole is simply not big enough on the strap for you to put the stud securely in and screw the bottom in, so all you have to do is find anything hard or useful in your opinion to just stretch the hole a tiny bit..... Just enough to get the stud in and then the bottom to make it all screw in place. Don't be afraid of cutting the leather or wtv when ur stretching because trust me it's almost impossible lol

Well it's funny your mentioning this because I had dedicated a whole thread due to my problems with the strap and it eventually led to the tiny studs falling off god knows where.... Long story short, I exchanged for the same bag brand new. I suggest you look up the thread. Anyways, as I got home with my brand new mini ant I realized that I had to adjust the strap to make it it's longest, but on my last one (the bag I experienced all the problems) it was the SA that adjusted the strap... And so the struggle began. I want to first start off by saying, don't adjust it if you don't plan on keeping it at that length because it's too much of a hassle. Ok, so the main problem is that the hole is simply not big enough on the strap for you to put the stud securely in and screw the bottom in, so all you have to do is find anything hard or useful in your opinion to just stretch the hole a tiny bit..... Just enough to get the stud in and then the bottom to make it all screw in place. Don't be afraid of cutting the leather or wtv when ur stretching because trust me it's almost impossible lol

Hahaha this is so crazy right? How on earth did your SA do it?? She/he must have magic hands! Why does Givenchy even bother making extra holes if you can't get the studs through? I was planning to keep it at this length since I'm 5'7" and the original length just looked a bit too short. As I type now my fingers are sooo sore :crybaby: In terms of cutting the leather, that scares me. What did you wind up doing with your new one? Looks like I most likely will need to take into a cobbler so they can stretch the hole professionally.

I will go search for your old thread now...

Just read your thread. So glad it all worked out for you but I had to laugh when reading this from another TPFer:

"Both my SA and I broke out into sweat trying to push one stud out and the other in!"

Glad to know I'm not the only one!!! Sheeesh!!!

Haha yea the SA took like 20 minutes and he's as man! Lol But I did it myself with the new one and I didn't cut the leather or anything, I just made it stretch a bit with a very blunt tool. It's pretty simple once you realize the holes on the strap have a slit going straight up and it's hard to notice but they're there to make the hole open more so I used that as a bit of leverage. My concern was never the whole getting the studs finally in, but more so screwing them in as tightly as possible so they don't go anywhere again! Hope it all goes well good luck! :smile:

I had the same experience with 2 of my Givenchy bags! While out having lunch at a mall, I decided to expand my Obsedia Messenger. It took me around 15 minutes (and the loss of my poise since my face was contorting in frustration) to finally get one stud in the hole! Lol.

With my Mini Pandora, it took my SA (and a mini arms workout) around 5-10 minutes to expand both ends of the strap. I appreciated her effort though :smile:

OP -- so glad you did it! But guess what I'm...or my hubby...is attempting to do right this minute? He's helping me shorten the strap! :nuts: It took him 5 minutes and a mini screwdriver to push out the stud and now he's still trying to push it into the highest setting. I've given up trying to wear it crossbody and will just use wear it on the shoulder. I swear this is my LAST adjustment! :upsidedown:

Made the mistake of adjusting my mini Ant strap when I first got it "just to see" how it would look:roflmfao: Needless to say, I won't be testing it out again any time soon!

So after all that, I wound up exchanging it for the goat leather/silver hardware. I'm a gold girl, but I just like the goat so much better. Needless to say, I have not adjusted it this time lol, even though I assume the goat would be a bit easier as it's not as stiff. What a production though! :lol:

So after all that, I wound up exchanging it for the goat leather/silver hardware. I'm a gold girl, but I just like the goat so much better. Needless to say, I have not adjusted it this time lol, even though I assume the goat would be a bit easier as it's not as stiff. What a production though! :lol:

Amazing! That's the same one I got and the leather looks so much more luxurious I find.

Amazing! That's the same one I got and the leather looks so much more luxurious I find.

Yes, the goat is amazing. I wish it was available with gold hardware though and I hate that Givenchy doesn't give the option. However, the smooth leather felt a bit "cheap" to me the more I was looking at it and I also saw that it reflected light kind of strangely. So for example, certain spots of the leather would look purple when next to something colorful.

Needless to say, I'm really loving the other. I wore it out today and it's great! :biggrin: