HELP! Keepall Dilemma

spg517

Jul 11, 2014
Hi Everyone! I just bought a keepall yesterday. I love it! But I can't decide if it's too big!

I was debating between the 45, 50, and 55. But I knew I wanted the DE for travel since it's the lowest maintenance. And I needed a strap so out goes the 50. So it came between the 45 and 55. And I was afraid the 45 would be too small. So I went with the 55! However, I'm 5'1 and about 106-108 lbs……what do you think?! I love it, but do I look silly?!

(I put about 2-3 days worth of clothes in it for pictures, 2 toiletry cases, a pair of heels, and a flat iron)

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 581
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 581
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 564
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 577
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 573
It's luggage, I'd go for the size that holds what I need over how proportionate it is to my frame. Sounds like the 45 might be too small for what you want to carry. The 50 might have been a perfect size but I think you made a great decision going with DE. It does look a little big in the crook of your arm but I think it looks fine on your shoulder and crossbody.

I have a Keepall 45 with strap, I can pack 2 days in it, but you have to pack wise. I use the Eagle Creek pack its. I tried larger ones and when packed realised I would never be able to carry it. When mine is fully packed for 2 days I have to say it is heavy, I couldn't carry a larger one. I'm 5ft 4 btw.

I think it depends on what you will carry. If the items you currently have in the 55 are what you will normally use in the Keepall, then the 45 may work best. But if you plan on using it for more then weekend trips or a gym bag, I'd say the 55 is the better option. It's luggage, so personally, I wouldn't be too concerned how it looks on my frame.

i think the previous posters have raised some very valid issues. it looks like what you have in it might fit in the 45. if that is the case i might consider going smaller for 2 reasons: first of all weight. will it be too heavy if full? second of all , bulk. it looks like it might be tough to carry with your small frame without bumping into things! in the end, i guess it really comes down to how much you plan to carry in it. if you think you need the extra space, the 45 would probably prove too frustrating and you might be happier with the versatility of the 55. on the other hand if you really only want it for light travel, maybe the 45 would be better. best of luck!

We are of the same height. I have tried the 50 and the 55 but I find them too big for me so I ended up selling them. I settled for the 45 which I am happy with it. I pack my stuff with ebags though so the space is maximized.

It all depends on what type of travelling you are going to use it for as well. For air travel, you are only limited to certain weight with what you can carry on board anyway unless you are brave enough to put it as a checked luggage. :biggrin: If you are using it for road trips then I guess that is entirely different.

Good luck deciding! x

I have the keepall 45 with strap in DE. I am going to Manchester this weekend for a little shopping and staying overnight, and all my stuff will fit in, I can photo it Friday night before I leave if you'd like to see? I've used it on virgin atlantic to NYC as hand luggage and it fitted their allowance. I am not sure a 55 would be allowed. If you are not going to fly with it, and will be using it for weekends (more than overnight) I think a 55 would suit you better. Just remember the more you pack the heavier it is and it does hurt your shoulder. I hope this helps a little.

Keepall looks best when filled up to the top. If you usally only need the stuff you packed for this picture ... I would go smaller. But if you pack for winter - you will have another sweater or maybe boots or cardigan or somethimes a towel ... and Keepall is full. ... But she looks great :biggrin:

I agree if you're using it for luggage / travel it doesn't matter that it looks big

Although if you want something that feels more like a purse I've gotten 2-3 days worth of clothes, 2 toiletry bags, flat iron & heels (and more!) into my NF GM

I agree if you're using it for luggage / travel it doesn't matter that it looks big

Although if you want something that feels more like a purse I've gotten 2-3 days worth of clothes, 2 toiletry bags, flat iron & heels (and more!) into my NF GM

Totally agree! Have the NF GM- Love it…also looks ridiculous on me! :roflmfao: But the more and more I think about it and look at pictures, I just think the 45 would be too small and I would regret it. I honestly think I'll use it rarely as a plane travel bag (maybe here or there if I go somewhere for a long weekend and don't want to check anything) But I think I'll use it mainly for weekend or week long car trips. In which case, I think I'll be glad for the extra room. Plus, I'm just loving the DE (it's my first DE piece!)