Dooney Repairs?

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Hi all!

I was wondering if dooney does repair their bags? I have one where the rivet came off and the strap is no longer connected.

Will they fix that?

Or should I just do it myself, which isn't a problem. But if they do fix it, I don't mind paying a repair fee or anything. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Yes they can/will repair or replace (if the bag is registered and still within the first year)

Visit Dooney.com and click "contact us" and "our guarantee" for the specifics

ETA: They can/will still repair if it is past the year warranty. They will notify you cost, or if it cannot be repaired they will give you half the retail credit towards the purchase of a new bag

Thank you!

Well I found the bag at TJ Maxx and loved it. So it looks like I'll have to repair it myself but that's okay. :smile: thank you for the information.

EtA: ooh, I found the registration card. I'll go ahead and register it anyway. :smile: didn't know one registers dooney bags. The premier designers don't even do that!

Last edited:
Thank you!

Well I found the bag at TJ Maxx and loved it. So it looks like I'll have to repair it myself but that's okay. :smile: thank you for the information.

EtA: ooh, I found the registration card. I'll go ahead and register it anyway. :smile: didn't know one registers dooney bags. The premier designers don't even do that!

Great, you might get a new one if they cant fix it:smile: Good luck and enjoy your new Dooney.

Thank you!

You might also check with a shoe or leather repair shop if the part is not a unique feature on the bag. They can usually fix it at a pretty low cost and you don't have to be without your bag. I think the process of sending it in for repair takes some time. Good luck.

You might also check with a shoe or leather repair shop if the part is not a unique feature on the bag. They can usually fix it at a pretty low cost and you don't have to be without your bag. I think the process of sending it in for repair takes some time. Good luck.

No, it's just the way how the strap is held into the bag. I might change the rivet for a screw in hopes of a more secure hold. I mean, if the rivets popped just by being hung on the rack, maybe rivets aren't the most secure thing. Lol.

I'd have to mail the bag in? Can't take it to a boutique?

No, it's just the way how the strap is held into the bag. I might change the rivet for a screw in hopes of a more secure hold. I mean, if the rivets popped just by being hung on the rack, maybe rivets aren't the most secure thing. Lol.

I'd have to mail the bag in? Can't take it to a boutique?

I'm not sure since I've never looked into it myself. If it's just the rivet on the strap a shoe shoe repair ship is probably your best bet. It's probably a quick and inexpensive repair. PcanTannedBty recently
Had a strap repair done in her Vanessa Bag where I believe he just put in a rivet. I don't remember if she mentioned the cost. She's also got a video up on YouTube about it.

It's here!!

To think I decided to finish up and go run my errands, and then to a park somewhere close to the bay waters (visiting here so using Maps to locate one nearby)--beautiful afternoon, lots mild sun here. Checked tracking just minutes before--no delivery info. One doorbell ring, and she's left on the front step.😨 Soooooooooo glad I stuck around to play with you ladies, I don't even want to think what if I had an early start like I'd planned. 😥

It's silky smooth and feels like buttah😘, however ... 😧 the glazing around the zipper is not perfect😧😧.

What to do? Now that she's here, I don't want to give her back. 😔

I'm looking to send the salmon for repair, while there are still available replacements. The glazing flaw just bothers me. In fact, my b. pink zip flap foldover satchel has the same problem. At some point in the future, I would really, really hate for frayed leather to stick out from around the zippers and then cannot get them replaced.

CS won't agree to a return label, so biting the bullet on shipping. May request $13 refund if deemed defective, which they are in my view.

I'm gonna do it, before replacements are gone. At the very least, they can reglaze the problem areas. I just cannot stand it that the leather is exposed in the salmon, and already sticking out like pin points on the b. pink zip flap foldover.

Last edited:
I'm looking to send the salmon for repair, while there are still available replacements. The glazing flaw just bothers me. In fact, my b. pink zip flap foldover satchel has the same problem. At some point in the future, I would really, really hate for frayed leather to stick out from around the zippers and then cannot get them replaced.

CS won't agree to a return label, so biting the bullet on shipping. May request $13 refund if deemed defective, which they are in my view.

I'm gonna do it, before replacements are gone. At the very least, they can reglaze the problem areas. I just cannot stand it that the leather is exposed in the salmon, and already sticking out like pin points on the b. pink zip flap foldover.

I hope they can repair it or replace it for you. Good luck. :smile:

I hope they can repair it or replace it for you. Good luck. :smile:

Thank you, TB.

I'm still swinging back and forth.

Got ready to box 'em bright and early. Inspected each under bright lamp, went over the glazing carefully--tweezing out spidery bits. The baby pink cleaned up so well, it's back in the closet.😄 Looking a lot more finished around zipper edges. The salmon is more polished, lot less ragged. The glazing on this just was not applied perfectly.

Short story, after much nitpicking and tweezing, both are looking more finished--no fraying. They stay.

I did send in the ocean blue florentine satchel. The foldover flap on this bag is seriously warped. Initially thought it was just crimped from shipping, but after two weeks, it remains warped. Copious stroking and massaging failed to 'relax" or smooth over the leather.

Attachments

• 20140829_140001.jpg
    20140829_140001.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 2,183
  • 20140829_135912.jpg
    20140829_135912.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 2,174
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Thank you, TB.

I'm still swinging back and forth.

Got ready to box 'em bright and early. Inspected each under bright lamp, went over the glazing carefully--tweezing out spidery bits. The baby pink cleaned up so well, it's back in the closet.😄 Looking a lot more finished around zipper edges. The salmon is more polished, lot less ragged. The glazing on this just was not applied perfectly.

Short story, after much nitpicking and tweezing, both are looking more finished--no fraying. They stay.

I did send in the ocean blue florentine satchel. The foldover flap on this bag is seriously warped. Initially thought it was just crimped from shipping, but after two weeks, it remains warped. Copious stroking and massaging failed to 'relax" or smooth over the leather.

Oh that's great! At least now you don't have to give them up for however long it takes for the repair or replacement. It's too bad about the ocean, but I see what you mean. Such a pretty color bag.

Oh that's great! At least now you don't have to give them up for however long it takes for the repair or replacement. It's too bad about the ocean, but I see what you mean. Such a pretty color bag.

Hey there, TB! They will most likely replace with same. I'll find out soon enough.

I'm liking the fashion color florentine satchels. My embossed python and embossed ostrich aren't as soft and supple like the florentines. More structured rather than puddly and smooshy.

Lovethatduck, happy it worked out with pink and salmon. Sorry about the ocean. It look like it wasnt aligned right with the lining during sewing. Hope it turns out good.

Enjoy your new handbags. Love the color of them all, especially the ocean blue.... but we have enough wrinkles, don't need any more, so I understand why you returned it. Good decision, it would have bothered you every time you took the bag out.

LoveThatDuck: When I sent in my bag for replacement since it was for only badly packed but looked like it had been run over my a truck, I made sure to note that it was defective. That way you will get a replacement and a $13 refund on your shipping expense. It took exactly 14 days from send off to receipt of the replacement bag. The $13 refund check took about 28 days to receive. Good luck.