Shaving my head for charity, what makeup adjustments?

NutmegLotus

Oct 19, 2009
Hi all. In a couple of weeks I will be participating in a "Shave off", raising funds for a charity. I am wondering what make up adustments I should make afterward. I am not a spring chicken, closer to 47 and wear geek chic glasses. I want to rock this new look and feel confident (even though I am very very nervous!!!!) Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

Hi all. In a couple of weeks I will be participating in a "Shave off", raising funds for a charity. I am wondering what make up adustments I should make afterward. I am not a spring chicken, closer to 47 and wear geek chic glasses. I want to rock this new look and feel confident (even though I am very very nervous!!!!) Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

How wonderful of YOU to do this!! :woohoo:

I'd consider focusing on your eyes & perhaps a bolder brighter lip if
you are comfortable with that.

You will rock it but since you have a couple of weelks, why not try
some new looks now & get used to them..

Would you consider a "red" lip or would you be happier with a soft
nude lip?

Do you wear mascara or liner? Try out a couple of these & see how
you feel

If you are near a Sephora they also would offer some tips/suggestions

thank you hotshot! . I am starting to get nervous as the day draws near. I think a bolder lip and learning a more intentional way to use eyeliner and maybe some eyeshawdow is something I can work with. I like your idea of going to Sephora's soon to get some tips. I think I would like to have a few options to work with so I can see what looks best when the time comes. Its hard to envision what my face will look like when I'm bald because wearing a hat or scarf or just pulling it back really doesn't work. thanks for talking me off the ledge!

thank you hotshot! . I am starting to get nervous as the day draws near. I think a bolder lip and learning a more intentional way to use eyeliner and maybe some eyeshawdow is something I can work with. I like your idea of going to Sephora's soon to get some tips. I think I would like to have a few options to work with so I can see what looks best when the time comes. Its hard to envision what my face will look like when I'm bald because wearing a hat or scarf or just pulling it back really doesn't work. thanks for talking me off the ledge!

:biggrin: you are going to rock it!!!

I have no makeup tips, I just wanted to say that I think you're doing an extremely amazing thing! I chopped off 11 inches a couple years ago to donate, but shaving your head is on another level!

WOW! What an incredible thing to do for charity! I don't have any makeup tips either. But just wanted you to know how much I admire what you are doing for charity. Forget ice bucket challenge. Shaving your head is a million times more admirable!

What an amazing decision! I recommend that you load up on sunscreen and ensure that you have powder/foundation that will match your new shaved head. I recommend lots of mascara and bolder lip in addition to earrings to glam up! Wishing you the best!

Oh my gosh! thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement. And xlana, thank you for your donation to charity! ......Passua, it never occurred to me to match my face to my head, ha! I 'll have to check that out. Thanks everyone!

I don't have any beauty tips and agree with all of the posters. But I just wanted to say BRAVO for doing this. It truly is an inspiration that you are giving in this way.

Kudos to you! You are very inspiring!

Here is a picture of a designer who has had alopecia all her life. She uses a bold lip and earrings to create her look. She has pretty blush too. Definitely agree about the mascara.

article-2381408-1B1195C7000005DC-57_634x813.jpg

Kudos to you! You are very inspiring!

Here is a picture of a designer who has had alopecia all her life. She uses a bold lip and earrings to create her look. She has pretty blush too. Definitely agree about the mascara.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/30/article-2381408-1B1195C7000005DC-57_634x813.jpg

Agree at minimum a bold lip and bold earrings to keep things feminine. I probably would so a thin to Medium cat eye to draw attention to the face

Good luck!

ETA: Look in the celeb thread or google Amber Rose. Her makeup is always fantastic.

thank you for the additional tips and the photos--they are beautiful!!!!

I had a brow makeover last month so they are "strong" now, well at least as I can tell. I am shopping for earrings and will go to Sephora or Nordies next week for eye and lip help. Ack! Just about a week left and I'm hit with a bad case of nerves!! No backing down now, and I have an excuse to shop for makeup ;)

thank you for the additional tips and the photos--they are beautiful!!!!

I had a brow makeover last month so they are "strong" now, well at least as I can tell. I am shopping for earrings and will go to Sephora or Nordies next week for eye and lip help. Ack! Just about a week left and I'm hit with a bad case of nerves!! No backing down now, and I have an excuse to shop for makeup ;)

You are amazing. Seriously. Such a great thing you're doing.
When my aunt lost her hair during chemo, she was never a bold make up wearer, so she mostly accessorized with big costume jewelry earrings, but she did really enjoy playing around with a bright red/hot pink bold lip and bold brows. She loved the bold brows so much that ended up getting her brows tattooed on, since she lost those as well.

My hair is totally my security blanket, so I very much admire the bravery it takes to shave your head. :hugs:You rock.