Tech Original iPad

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Is anyone here still using the original iPad? I have an old one that I would send to my SIL if it still will work and is supported by Apple. Is it still usable? I upgraded to the original Mini when it came out and the old one has been sitting in a drawer for a few years. I plugged it in and wiped all data, and it is charging right now.

Will it still work?

maybe it needs a new battery installed, if you intended to use it at all.

I did some quick Googling and apparently it is still usable for things that don't require later OS updates. Just bare bones stuff. My SIL has never had a tablet and wants to check it out without committing to one yet. Actually BIL is being cheap and won't let her get one. She could also trade it in at places that do trade-ups. (If places like Target and Walmart etc still do that)

Is anyone here still using the original iPad? I have an old one that I would send to my SIL if it still will work and is supported by Apple. Is it still usable? I upgraded to the original Mini when it came out and the old one has been sitting in a drawer for a few years. I plugged it in and wiped all data, and it is charging right now.

Will it still work?

Look at this website

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1608227

I still have one, it still works, mainly use it for the apple TV, but everything works fine on it, it crashes sometimes (brings me back to the home screen) but I just have to go back to the app.

I still have a 1st gen iPad. We don't use it much, but it's good in a pinch. The screen isn't as good and of course and no camera, but it's still usable.

Mine works for reading iBooks, but since I can't update it, I can't use certain apps. It always closes (brings me back to the home screen) when looking at Facebook, online news, etc. It's been a brick on my desk for the past year since I purchased a MacBook Air.

Mine still works, in fact, I've been playing the KimKardashian Hollywood game on it. I couldn't take the latest update (needs ios6, the first gen ipad only goes up to 5 something) but I'm still playing with the previous update for KKH.

I message my friends through imessage on it, I surf the web on it. works fine for me. I am hoping for a newer ipad for Christmas (disposable income goes straight to my kid's tuition) but in the meantime.....this one is just fine. Hubby bought it for me when it first came out and it's fine.

For about 2 years, it just sat, and then i had to charge it up, update all my apps, and when it realized it was going to be used again....it stepped up to the plate and hasn't stopped.

Sorry for the book, but I wanted to cover all bases.

Mine still works, in fact, I've been playing the KimKardashian Hollywood game on it. I couldn't take the latest update (needs ios6, the first gen ipad only goes up to 5 something) but I'm still playing with the previous update for KKH.

I message my friends through imessage on it, I surf the web on it. works fine for me. I am hoping for a newer ipad for Christmas (disposable income goes straight to my kid's tuition) but in the meantime.....this one is just fine. Hubby bought it for me when it first came out and it's fine.

For about 2 years, it just sat, and then i had to charge it up, update all my apps, and when it realized it was going to be used again....it stepped up to the plate and hasn't stopped.

Sorry for the book, but I wanted to cover all bases.

Thanks for the review, appreciated!