Opinions on NEW version Speedy Please!

RasberryLV

Jan 13, 2013
I saw New version of Speedy B25 Ebene at the store yesterday. I Love the look! Puffy little cute chap. I was not really adware until put comparison pics together, the sewing line is different, they shifted the small button in a lower position. I am just thinking, since the small button is the most important hardware to hold the weight of Speedy, will the upper line breaking in the future due to the heavy weight? Especially for classic speedy, top handle only, bigger size 35, if you put heavy stuffs inside, i worry that might happen?!!:confused1:

I do prefer the New look, I am planning to buy a Speedy b25 in DE or mono, might not a big deal for me since I will use the shoulder straps most of the time. But I just worry for classic style, would like to hear your opinions... :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_6791765565637.jpeg
    IMG_6791765565637.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 4,440
  • IMG_75839147193.jpeg
    IMG_75839147193.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3,584
I saw New version of Speedy B25 Ebene at the store yesterday. I Love the look! Puffy little cute chap. I was not really adware until put comparison pics together, the sewing line is different, they shifted the small button in a lower position. I am just thinking, since the small button is the most important hardware to hold the weight of Speedy, will the upper line breaking in the future due to the heavy weight? Especially for classic speedy, top handle only, bigger size 35, if you put heavy stuffs inside, i worry that might happen?!!:confused1:

I do prefer the New look, I am planning to buy a Speedy b25 in DE or mono, might not a big deal for me since I will use the shoulder straps most of the time. But I just worry for classic style, would like to hear your opinions... :smile:

Well there is less stitching on the new versions. The old damier ebene version had six thread loops on the top whereas this version only has four. If you are concerned about it being less secure , that might be something to consider.

Well there is less stitching on the new versions. The old damier ebene version had six thread loops on the top whereas this version only has four. If you are concerned about it being less secure , that might be something to consider.

I am confused now, not sure should I grab the old version speedy b or new?...

Well usually the LV redesigns are to fix problems with the bags. Although I really have not heard of very many issues with the Speedy. However I so like the puffy look.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I actually think it looks more reinforced with the 32 stitches on the new vs the 23 on the current version. The top stitch runs along the same area that the button does on the current so there is still support, just in a different way. And overall, the button is still very close to the top of the chap. I really like the new design but only time will tell if it's a good one.

I actually think it looks more reinforced with the 32 stitches on the new vs the 23 on the current version. The top stitch runs along the same area that the button does on the current so there is still support, just in a different way. And overall, the button is still very close to the top of the chap. I really like the new design but only time will tell if it's a good one.

I agree. I'm no engineer but the new stitches above the rivet might make the handle connection stronger by taking some of the weight-bearing stress off of the rivet. Plus, the added stitches should basically make the connection stronger as each stitch has to bear proportionately less weight on its own.....or something :smile:

Thanks for your opinions... I do hope it will not happen. I think I will buy the new version speedy b for the puffy look! I do have a classic old style speedy at home.

I agree. I'm no engineer but the new stitches above the rivet might make the handle connection stronger by taking some of the weight-bearing stress off of the rivet. Plus, the added stitches should basically make the connection stronger as each stitch has to bear proportionately less weight on its own.....or something :smile:

^ +1

I quite like the puffy chaps as they add dimension. I'm hoping the puffy chaps are still heat stampable? If not, that might be something to consider

I think so too.
Thanks for your opinions... I do hope it will not happen. I think I will buy the new version speedy b for the puffy look! I do have a classic old style speedy at home.
Can't wait to see your new bag! I recently purchased the regular 30 in DE and love it so my store has reserved the new regular 30 in Mono for me, SO excited!
^ +1

I quite like the puffy chaps as they add dimension. I'm hoping the puffy chaps are still heat stampable? If not, that might be something to consider
That's a good question! They may not stamp the chaps since they won't be flat anymore. If someone finds out, please share.

It's not a big change, Speedy really is my favourite design, I like both new and old looks, I don't mind adding a 5th speedy to my collection~!

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I think so too.

Can't wait to see your new bag! I recently purchased the regular 30 in DE and love it so my store has reserved the new regular 30 in Mono for me, SO excited!

That's a good question! They may not stamp the chaps since they won't be flat anymore. If someone finds out, please share.

When is the new version coming out if your store have already reserved one for you?