Thoughts on a potential purchase

gemgem27

O.G.
Jan 22, 2013
Hi all,

I was in Chanel earlier this week and came across this lovely elegant bag in black lambskin with light gold hardware. Does anybody know what this bag is/what it's called?

What are your thoughts and opinions on the bag? Does anyone already have it and how has it held up? My alternative purchase would be the beige caviar M/L with gold hardware. This black bag was £700 cheaper!

Thanks :smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409432427.441108.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409432511.107067.jpg

That looks like black lamb chevron. Is it cheaper? Possibly, I've never enquired.

I like it, but I still prefer the quilted pattern so I vote beige. Also partial bc I own it :smile:

They are both pretty, but I'd go caviar over lambskin every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I also think the beige/gold combo is classic yet not overdone, and very elegant.

Hi all,

I was in Chanel earlier this week and came across this lovely elegant bag in black lambskin with light gold hardware. Does anybody know what this bag is/what it's called?

What are your thoughts and opinions on the bag? Does anyone already have it and how has it held up? My alternative purchase would be the beige caviar M/L with gold hardware. This black bag was £700 cheaper!

Thanks :smile:View attachment 2735427View attachment 2735435

never a big fan of chevron anything .. those CC's are pretty big..

I think I'd grab that medium beige claire

Oh that black chevron flap looks Devine!!!!! I'm not a huge fan of the beige Claire so I'd definitely pick black lamb over the beige.....

Hi all,

Thanks :smile:View attachment 2735427View attachment 2735435

Why, oh why, don't I learn my lesson and not open new threads when I'm taking a break??? That chevron is gorgeous!!! It looks so much more puffy than the chevron flaps of old, or else I'm just losing it (which is entirely possible as I just cleaned the haz-mat shelves). You can always get the gorgeous lambskin with light gold hardware, but wow that chevron...I need to back away from the computer. Is that considered a classic or a seasonal? : X

Thanks for your help so far ladies. It's soooo hard as they are both gorgeous. The beige was my dream bag, but I am leaning towards the chevron as it is a seasonal piece and the classic will always be available.....although I will be banned for a long time after this purchase! :O

Why, oh why, don't I learn my lesson and not open new threads when I'm taking a break??? That chevron is gorgeous!!! It looks so much more puffy than the chevron flaps of old, or else I'm just losing it (which is entirely possible as I just cleaned the haz-mat shelves). You can always get the gorgeous lambskin with light gold hardware, but wow that chevron...I need to back away from the computer. Is that considered a classic or a seasonal? : X

And yes it's really puffy in real life. I compared it to a current M/L in lambskin and the chevron looked so much "puffier". I believe it's new season.

Chevron in lamb is truly beautiful. But I love beige a little more. It's such a beautiful bag when black doesn't match with your outfits ( truly black doesn't go with everything). Good luck deciding.

Such a hard decision! That chevron is gorgeous, however i would go with the m/l..only because a)its on my wish list and b) I have a black mini. It depends on your collection, really. The classics are always a safe bet as the price is guaranteed to increase.

I vote chevron black lambskin, even though this is the first time I've liked a chevron bag. The balance on this bag is beautiful and it looks like a decent size. Because it's an exceptional looking piece with no defects, it's extra puffy and it's a seasonal bag, I would get this and get the beige caviar m/l later. Good luck with your decision 👍