What does Mulberry's one year warranty cover?.

Amwidi

Feb 29, 2008
A bit of a background: This is a continuation of my old thread about the disappointing delivery of SBS in January. HERE. Also, I have to explain first that my friend made the purchase for me from the UK, but he had a personal matter to attend to and did not travel to Thailand (where I currently live) until this month. Yes, it was a long wait...

Anyways, the moment I saw the purse, I was appalled. I made up my mind to TLC the purse, but as soon as I looked at it again, I was very upset. This is my first Mulberry and I just learnt from Mulberrygal that they have a 12 months warranty; and I want to know if it will make any sense to take it to the store. I will be in the UK in October.

The leather looks very wrinkled and tired if you see the pic..

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 424
I'm not sure if the picture shows, but the color are not even, and the leather is very dry. I would have returned if I saw these angles of the purse, but my friend who made the purchase for me is a man and may not have been meticulous (any word for "choosy"?) like me..He basically took 5 pictures, put it back and went on with his business..But honestly, aren't these decent brand suppose to known for quality? Never had problems with other brands..

Attachments

• photo8.JPG
    photo8.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 406
I can't see a problem either, one not the really lovely things about oak and the leather of the SBS is the way it ages, if it bothers you now, it will only get worse over time.

It looks normal to me, to be honest it's one of the reasons I didn't get NVT as I wanted what I consider a more 'formal' looking bag so went for the printed instead. Don't get me wrong I love NVT too it just wasn't suited to what I wanted it for.

I'm with the others, I think she looks gorgeous, the tone of the leather is just divine as it should be. I always thought the warranty covers leather peeling, hardware failing or breaking completely, inking or stitching failing. You've got nothing to lose by taking it to the main bond st store and having a chat with an SA.

I'm with the others, I think she looks gorgeous, the tone of the leather is just divine as it should be. I always thought the warranty covers leather peeling, hardware failing or breaking completely, inking or stitching failing. You've got nothing to lose by taking it to the main bond st store and having a chat with an SA.

+1! She looks lovely, but take panda's advice and chat with an SA if you're unhappy ... :smile:

I think new oak NVT is like that. I was surprised when I received my oak bays as I was expecting patina from the beginning and it looked a bit anaemic.
Use collonil gel on it and trust me your bag will darken. I left mine in its dustbag for almost a year (was too nervous to use in bad weather although she had been sprayed). Then one day I took her out and she was a little darker. At 3 years old now she has darkened some more and looks gorgeous (as she ages I know she will look even better).

Hi, have to agree with all the others, check this out its from NPN

Natural Leather (Natural Vegetable Tanned or NVT) is a classic finish, this leather is produced using a natural vegetable tanning technique, and no finish is applied, keeping the skin entirely untreated, so as pure and as natural looking as possible. The soft leather can vary significantly in its shade and texture but each piece retains an individual grain pattern, making evey bag made unique. As this leather ages it acquires a lovely worn-in appearance, softens naturally and gaines a vintage patina, especially in the Oak colour finish. Collonil Waterstop Spray is recommended to give some surface protection against watermarks and Collonil Gel can be used to enhance surface and colour appearance. If the hide gets wet, just remove any residual water immediately, pack loosely with tissue paper (not newspaper!) and allow to dry naturally. Never place Natudal Leather in direct sunlight or heat for prolonged periods as it may cause the colour to fade unevenly. Avoid rubbing Natural Leather against coloured/dyed clothing as colour transfer can occur eg: dark coloured dyes from clothing can migrate onto light coloured leathers and vice versa.

http://www.naughtipidginsnest.co.uk/leathercareguide.html

I got busy last night. The lock-plate had lots of tiny scratches...Not sure if it happened during delivery as it never came with a plastic on..and was delivered in a plastic bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 303
I think new oak NVT is like that. I was surprised when I received my oak bays as I was expecting patina from the beginning and it looked a bit anaemic.
Use collonil gel on it and trust me your bag will darken. I left mine in its dustbag for almost a year (was too nervous to use in bad weather although she had been sprayed). Then one day I took her out and she was a little darker. At 3 years old now she has darkened some more and looks gorgeous (as she ages I know she will look even better).

Makes me hopeful...thank you.

Hi, have to agree with all the others, check this out its from NPN

Natural Leather (Natural Vegetable Tanned or NVT) is a classic finish, this leather is produced using a natural vegetable tanning technique, and no finish is applied, keeping the skin entirely untreated, so as pure and as natural looking as possible. The soft leather can vary significantly in its shade and texture but each piece retains an individual grain pattern, making evey bag made unique. As this leather ages it acquires a lovely worn-in appearance, softens naturally and gaines a vintage patina, especially in the Oak colour finish. Collonil Waterstop Spray is recommended to give some surface protection against watermarks and Collonil Gel can be used to enhance surface and colour appearance. If the hide gets wet, just remove any residual water immediately, pack loosely with tissue paper (not newspaper!) and allow to dry naturally. Never place Natudal Leather in direct sunlight or heat for prolonged periods as it may cause the colour to fade unevenly. Avoid rubbing Natural Leather against coloured/dyed clothing as colour transfer can occur eg: dark coloured dyes from clothing can migrate onto light coloured leathers and vice versa.

http://www.naughtipidginsnest.co.uk/leathercareguide.html

Thank you. This is very useful.

I got busy last night. The lock-plate had lots of tiny scratches...Not sure if it happened during delivery as it never came with a plastic on..and was delivered in a plastic bag.

Again that is how the lock plates look on NVT. There are newer shinier locks on some of the bags that are very smooth.

Can I ask what you were expecting in terms of leather? Mulberry has so many different types you may just need to try another one.