Help Group - What to Buy Next?!

Bobetta

Mar 9, 2014
Sooo I noticed a few of us share this angst and dilemma - what to buy next. I noticed a few members experienced this recently. And that's where I am. (Wondering if we should have a help group thread for all those debating this issue. Unless one existed and got buried?)
I recently got and love the Pebble Chelsea in dark grey. Love her. But now I'm headed to the outlet and am freaking out over what I should take advantage of and buy. I notice they have 30% then 20% off everything. Then the clearance items. Ugh. Sooo this will be interesting. I'm eyeing the Bone Satchels. Maybe the salmon. And I've been wanting the right bag in chestnut. So we'll see. Maybe some random accessories too. I'm not focused. Lol. Game time soon!!
:smile:

Sooo I noticed a few of us share this angst and dilemma - what to buy next. I noticed a few members experienced this recently. And that's where I am. (Wondering if we should have a help group thread for all those debating this issue. Unless one existed and got buried?)
I recently got and love the Pebble Chelsea in dark grey. Love her. But now I'm headed to the outlet and am freaking out over what I should take advantage of and buy. I notice they have 30% then 20% off everything. Then the clearance items. Ugh. Sooo this will be interesting. I'm eyeing the Bone Satchels. Maybe the salmon. And I've been wanting the right bag in chestnut. So we'll see. Maybe some random accessories too. I'm not focused. Lol. Game time soon!!
:smile:

Don't forget there are a lot of bags at 40% off and then 20% off. I think you're going to be like a kid in a candy store. I suggest just trying everything on. I find I often leave with something I had no intention of buying and the one I went there for didn't wow me when I put it on. You might have a problem my friend because there probably isn't a bag that looks bad on you! But if you can't decide, do what I do and get them both or all three of them. Think of it this way you got multiples for the price of one full price Dooney.

In all seriousness, it's probably a good time to get a classic color if you've been wanting one since there is an extra discount. However if you're on the fence, remember there might be better discounts coming up in November for Black Friday and at Christmas. I'll be waiting to see what you get. Happy Shopping. ;)

Don't forget there are a lot of bags at 40% off and then 20% off. I think you're going to be like a kid in a candy store. I suggest just trying everything on. I find I often leave with something I had no intention of buying and the one I went there for didn't wow me when I put it on. You might have a problem my friend because there probably isn't a bag that looks bad on you! But if you can't decide, do what I do and get them both or all three of them. Think of it this way you got multiples for the price of one full price Dooney.

In all seriousness, it's probably a good time to get a classic color if you've been wanting one since there is an extra discount. However if you're on the fence, remember there might be better discounts coming up in November for Black Friday and at Christmas. I'll be waiting to see what you get. Happy Shopping. ;)

Thanks! I'm thinking of focusing on a core color too. But that Bone has been haunting me forever. I think Pcan has one. I wonder how it's been holding up - color wise. It's a beauty. I'm a sucker for those satchels though. But I will take a look around and see what captures me. Ugh. I wish I could have hours to do this. lol. We'll see what happens.
Keep ya posted!!

No matter what you decide to get, I am excited for you!!!!

Edit: I also think this is an excellent idea for a thread. So many of us go through this and it helps to talk to others about it.

Last edited:
Right now I am stuck deciding between another bag or more accessories. :btdh:

Yes! You were the other member I was thinking about. You've gotten like six bags in a month and debated another or accessories, right? Lol. I get the angst. You've got me debating the accessories too.
Is there a bag you've been wanting? It's so hard to fight the urge when you know a "sale" is going on. Or you don't want to miss out on getting a bag that might disappear. I feel your pain. I think this could be a thread for that or we can create one. :smile:

My approach to deciding is as follows:
1-Do I have to have the bag right now?
2-Is it going to be available later if I decide to wait?
3-What % discount it has?

So bags that fall in category 1 are the easiest and most difficult sometimes, all depends of the answers to 2 and 3. If the bag I want is an older bag and could be limited, I try to get it ASAP and when it has a good % discount, well that makes it easier. Sometimes is difficult if you want a newer bag and the discount is not that good, so then it depends how much you want it and if you are willing to pay the current price or wait.

I went to the outlet yesterday and found even more choices that the ones I was debating on, since I found a few of the new bags. Well, I like them but none screamed 'Take me home RIGHT NOW' so I left those for later and got some others I wanted, that are getting limited and had a good discount.

For a long time I was persuaded to buy because I'd get caught up in a deal or a great sale. I ended up with a LOT of bags that were great deals, but not really bags that wowed me. :rolleyes: I gave away a LOT of handbags, and I finally learned that I am willing to pay more and be more selective to own bags that I really love.

I don't let myself get caught up in a SALE! frenzy. That's not to say that I don't look for good prices, because I do. But the price is not the only factor for me. Like many TPFers, I'm a collector. I buy handbags because I love to own them, and I have many bags with tags still attached that I may never carry...but I love owning them. Handbags are my "thang." :biggrin:

So, I guess I don't have a strategy for figuring out what to buy. If I see a bag that makes my head whip around or my heart beat faster, I figure out a way to get it. :woot:

For a long time I was persuaded to buy because I'd get caught up in a deal or a great sale. I ended up with a LOT of bags that were great deals, but not really bags that wowed me. :rolleyes: I gave away a LOT of handbags, and I finally learned that I am willing to pay more and be more selective to own bags that I really love.

I don't let myself get caught up in a SALE! frenzy. That's not to say that I don't look for good prices, because I do. But the price is not the only factor for me. Like many TPFers, I'm a collector. I buy handbags because I love to own them, and I have many bags with tags still attached that I may never carry...but I love owning them. Handbags are my "thang." :biggrin:

So, I guess I don't have a strategy for figuring out what to buy. If I see a bag that makes my head whip around or my heart beat faster, I figure out a way to get it. :woot:

That's the best strategy though... don't get caught up in the frenzy. It takes me forever to commit to a bag, but that's because I'm making sure it's a keeper. And that I'll use it.

The odd thing is that my last few purchases have been out of the blue and not even the bags I'd been obsessing over lol but I LOVE them and when I feel like that when I see them then I know I'm making the right choice

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!! :tup:

Now you miss tlo...you little vixen you...came in and completely derailed my train with that gorgeous grey buckley! You should be ashamed of yourself! I mean... thank you for drawing my attention to that bag ;) lol

Glad I could help!!! :graucho: As you can tell, you and all the others sent me over the edge a bit. I'm trying to "get a grip". :roflmfao: