Question on WOC length

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I am 5'7" and I was wondering if any other ladies on here at my height or around feel the chain length on the Proenza WOC is a tad short? I think it measures 22", or so it says online, but when I tried it on at the store to wear cross body, it seemed to fall at a funny length. Don't you think it should maybe be at least 24"? The Chanel WOC measures about 25".

Thoughts? I was thinking of maybe purchasing one (I even have a photo of it on my avatar lol) but I dunno what to do about length and I'm not even THAT tall :shrugs: I'd love to read opinions on this. Thanks!

Hi! I'm exactly your height and I own the WOC in both Proenza Schouler and Chanel.

I personally find that both falls fine on me. In fact, I much prefer the PS length compared to Chanel. With the PS WOC, I can reach down and open up the bag and reach in much easily compared to having to bring the Chanel WOC up to me =)

Hi! I'm exactly your height and I own the WOC in both Proenza Schouler and Chanel.

I personally find that both falls fine on me. In fact, I much prefer the PS length compared to Chanel. With the PS WOC, I can reach down and open up the bag and reach in much easily compared to having to bring the Chanel WOC up to me =)

Thanks for your response! Ya know I do feel the Chanel WOC is a tad too long and that the Proenza one can perhaps be a little bit longer... Somewhere between the two would be perfect. The thing I do like about the Proenza one is that since it's a bit taller in height than the Chanel, I'm also able to fit in my eyeglasses, although the bag definitely is more on the sporty side and not as dressy. May I ask which one you get more use out of?

Thanks for your response! Ya know I do feel the Chanel WOC is a tad too long and that the Proenza one can perhaps be a little bit longer... Somewhere between the two would be perfect. The thing I do like about the Proenza one is that since it's a bit taller in height than the Chanel, I'm also able to fit in my eyeglasses, although the bag definitely is more on the sporty side and not as dressy. May I ask which one you get more use out of?

I use the PS a lot more because of my dressing and it is able to take a little more beating out of my lambskin Chanel. The PS opening is much more convenient than the press stud on the Chanel. I do see myself using the Chanel more if it is in a half moon caviar! I believe that is a magnetic opening.

That being said, I just sold my raspberry PS because even after all my 'babying' and regular water repellent sprays, it didn't survive 01 rain =( I'm looking to purchase a half moon caviar now.

I use the PS a lot more because of my dressing and it is able to take a little more beating out of my lambskin Chanel. The PS opening is much more convenient than the press stud on the Chanel. I do see myself using the Chanel more if it is in a half moon caviar! I believe that is a magnetic opening.

That being said, I just sold my raspberry PS because even after all my 'babying' and regular water repellent sprays, it didn't survive 01 rain =( I'm looking to purchase a half moon caviar now.

I'm glad you said you use the PS more because I just received one in the mail today. However I am super duper sad :sad: The outside of the bag is perfect and I love how the leather looks on the one I received (they all differ somewhat in leather), but when I went to open the bag my heart sank, the mirror inside was sewn in completely crooked! It's actually crazy that it passed quality control. I went to order another and now the site is completely sold out. :crybaby: Guess I will have to wait until more come in stock to do an exchange. I like the bag though! It's very cute!!!

I'm glad you said you use the PS more because I just received one in the mail today. However I am super duper sad :sad: The outside of the bag is perfect and I love how the leather looks on the one I received (they all differ somewhat in leather), but when I went to open the bag my heart sank, the mirror inside was sewn in completely crooked! It's actually crazy that it passed quality control. I went to order another and now the site is completely sold out. :crybaby: Guess I will have to wait until more come in stock to do an exchange. I like the bag though! It's very cute!!!

=( Sorry to hear that! I hope you get your new bag soon!

The PS WOC is beautiful. What colour did you get?

=( Sorry to hear that! I hope you get your new bag soon!

The PS WOC is beautiful. What colour did you get?

I ordered another one from a store and I saw photos of it. Looks good, no crooked mirror!!! I got black, matches everything. I would have liked red, but the red available now is more a berry red. Maybe next season?