Coach Rebranding Begins: Now on Net-A-Porter

If this is Coach's new direction, then I think that I am done with Coach. Yes, there is the obvious ridiculousness, like that 700 dollar sweater with the rocket. But even the bags seem like they are over designed and just too much. One thing I have always appreciated about Coach is that the brand offers classic and functional bags. Sure, there are flashier options, but the company kept to its roots for a lot of years. I am a working professional and I can't see any of this suiting my lifestyle or style generally.

I like the line. I don't think i would buy it, but I like that it is providing some fashion leadership. I imagine they made some of these in small production runs and there will be other bags more in a lower proce point. I think they are cool though, just not exactly what i would wear.

The day that I pay $700 for a sweater is the day that I need locked in the looney bin. That's just me though; everyone's situation is different. $700 for a sweater to some ppl is nothing.

if this is coach's new direction, then i think that i am done with coach. Yes, there is the obvious ridiculousness, like that 700 dollar sweater with the rocket. But even the bags seem like they are over designed and just too much. One thing i have always appreciated about coach is that the brand offers classic and functional bags. Sure, there are flashier options, but the company kept to its roots for a lot of years. I am a working professional and i can't see any of this suiting my lifestyle or style generally.

+1

If this is Coach's new direction, then I think that I am done with Coach. Yes, there is the obvious ridiculousness, like that 700 dollar sweater with the rocket. But even the bags seem like they are over designed and just too much. One thing I have always appreciated about Coach is that the brand offers classic and functional bags. Sure, there are flashier options, but the company kept to its roots for a lot of years. I am a working professional and I can't see any of this suiting my lifestyle or style generally.

Ditto.....I'm already branching out to other brands. If I'm buying Coach I'm resorting to eBay because I'm a sucker for some of the older styles like Madison, Kristin and Legacy:smile:

Net-a-Porter sold the Coach classics reissue line two years ago.

It did not elevate Coach then.

I remember that one. I think part of the reason is that the newer leather they used, although lighter, wasn't nearly as nice of a quality as the original classics line and I think it did poorly. I saw quite a few "new classics" bag at the outlet not too long ago. The classics would have better served with the original leathers and linings.

I remember that one. I think part of the reason is that the newer leather they used, although lighter, wasn't nearly as nice of a quality as the original classics line and I think it did poorly. I saw quite a few "new classics" bag at the outlet not too long ago. The classics would have better served with the original leathers and linings.

Yes, I agree people were expecting the original leather:smile: I agree that the line did poorly. It never made sense to have the long term "classics" that are always on the Coach site, and then have the "new classics" with lighter leather. Another example of crazy Coach ideas. :P

I actually have "made in nyc" originals of the stewardess bag and the musette (an early precursor to the field bag) that I picked up on ebay over the years. I agree that the leather is very different than the net-a-porter reissues.

But, I have a reissued field bag and had a reissued stewardess (before I gave it away to a friend) and I liked the lighter leather too. It was not the same as the original bags but still was higher quality than the plastic thin crap that they are putting out on the Vevers bags.

In any case, my guess is that Coach has a deal with net-a-porter for a limited run of a few items and uses the site more for publicity than for sales. :cool: