Can an Empreinte Lumineuse be

Oct 8, 2013
Can an Empreinte Lumineuse PM be made in Spain?

There is one on ebay that I was really close on bidding on, but I checked fashionphile and yoogi's and none of the lumineuse's on there were. They were all made in France.

According to the photos the date code appears to be either CR4152 or TR4152
and I'm not sure if those are legit for Spain and empreinte leather etc.

Can anyone answer this question?

I think the Empreinte Lumineuse can be made in Spain. I usually see Empreinte bags made in the USA, Spain, and France. My Metis is made in Spain, so I think it's possible. I'm not an expert on date codes, but mines start with CA.
This forum has information on date codes. I decided to use Google to learn more about date codes (quicker for me than finding the thread). I don't think there is a CR, but there is a TR for made in France. Good luck in buying your bag. There is a thread to help you authenticate your bag.
http://www.spottedfashion.com/2014/01/16/how-to-read-and-find-louis-vuitton-bag-tags-and-date-codes/

Last edited:

There is one on ebay that I was really close on bidding on, but I checked fashionphile and yoogi's and none of the lumineuse's on there were. They were all made in France.

I'm pretty sure the Lumineuse I bought directly from Louis Vuitton about 2 months ago is Made in Spain... I'll have to double check. But I don't see why not. I wouldn't be concerned about that.

I'm pretty sure the Lumineuse I bought directly from Louis Vuitton about 2 months ago is Made in Spain... I'll have to double check. But I don't see why not. I wouldn't be concerned about that.

I lied. My bag is made in France. But my matching empreinte terre wallet, also directly from the boutique, is made in Spain.

I looked through so many pictures and listings and I only saw made in France Lumi's,
I'm 99% sure that the second letter in the date code in an R

Where is the authenticate thread?

I have four Lumis and all are made in France..I would suggest you post the listing in authenticate this LV under the shopping section and have the authenticators check it...

Factory locations & letter abbreviations
France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (special order), AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DU, CO, CT, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RI, SD, SL, SN, SP, SR, TH, TR, VI, VX
Italy: BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, RC, RE, SA, TD
USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL
Spain: CA, LO, LB, LM, LW
Switzerland: DI, FA
Germany: LP