Problem with mini Brooklyn in purple iris

Aug 18, 2013
I bought my first mini Brooklyn during the Macy's sale and it was shipped to the house. It came from another store and was scratched up. My SA said to order another and just return one. Well I did that and the 2nd was in even worse shape because it too was a display. Today I went to another Macy's and they hada brand new one still in packaging that I could swap it for. We opened it up and it was even worse!! It had a spot where the leather was peeling which revealed a light purple spot and on the right side there was a big dark gray smudge across it. The SA couldn't believe how horrible it looked and said they wouldn't be selling it.

Should I just give up hope on getting a scratch free mini brooklyn? Has anyone else had these problems? The color is what I want most. I wasn't a fan of the mini duffle and the borough is just to formal for my lifestyle. Is anything else coming out in purple iris that does NOT have gold hardware? I've never seen 3 of the same bag with so many problems before.

I bought my first mini Brooklyn during the Macy's sale and it was shipped to the house. It came from another store and was scratched up. My SA said to order another and just return one. Well I did that and the 2nd was in even worse shape because it too was a display. Today I went to another Macy's and they hada brand new one still in packaging that I could swap it for. We opened it up and it was even worse!! It had a spot where the leather was peeling which revealed a light purple spot and on the right side there was a big dark gray smudge across it. The SA couldn't believe how horrible it looked and said they wouldn't be selling it.

Should I just give up hope on getting a scratch free mini brooklyn? Has anyone else had these problems? The color is what I want most. I wasn't a fan of the mini duffle and the borough is just to formal for my lifestyle. Is anything else coming out in purple iris that does NOT have gold hardware? I've never seen 3 of the same bag with so many problems before.

Oh boy...sorry I cannot offer a suggestion on this specific handbag. So you got ONE perfect handbag and then this. It is so hard when you cannot just pick it out in person.

I have it in Loganberry and it seems perfect. I saw one on display at Coach in Iris and it looked perfectly good, perhaps a little dryer looking than the Loganberry but nothing obvious...

Oh boy...sorry I cannot offer a suggestion on this specific handbag. So you got ONE perfect handbag and then this. It is so hard when you cannot just pick it out in person.

Yeah, I'm loving my courtenay. Can't wait to try it out with all my stuff in it. I hope my sister will love it when I give her the other one. We rarely have the same taste in anything.

I have it in Loganberry and it seems perfect. I saw one on display at Coach in Iris and it looked perfectly good, perhaps a little dryer looking than the Loganberry but nothing obvious...

It gives me a little hope knowing your Loganberry is perfect. I have the small pebbled wristlet in purple iris and it's scratch free and beautiful.

I feel your pain...I had to inspect 4 Soft Boroughs before I found one to be acceptable. Macy's #1 had a display that was all streaky across the whole front of the bag. The one from the stockroom was wrapped like a mummy but had fingernail gouges all over it.

Macy's #2 also had two. The mummy one from the stockroom had a big water spot/stain on the back as well as some scratches. The best of the 4 I looked at was the display at the second store. It has some darker streaks on the lower back panel, but nothing I couldn't live with. At least it wasn't all scratched up like the others.

This is just crazy that we have to hunt around for a decent looking bag now!! I would expect some minor problems from outlet bags from time to time but not brand new bags at retail!

I'm now trying to decide if I can live with my Brooklyn already scratched up, keep hunting for a good one, or give up entirely and hope something else will come out in purple iris.

Macy's I think will give a list of how many of the bag are in any one store so if there are a lot of the bag you are looking for, a good SA might look for a good one for you, or is that too crazy to ask them, or too much of a hassle to pull off.

For example SF had 19 of a black borough I was looking for recently, which seems like would give you pretty good odds to get a bag without issues....that is if you can find that many mini purple brooklyn's at any one store.

Don't give up! My purple iris was very dry when I got it so I put moisturizer on it and it looks good now. Besides that it looks great! Now my loganberry is a different story. It's got some white marks on it and it's not perfect. It's not that noticeable so I'm keeping it, mostly because I just don't feel like going through the whole return process. I'm sorry you are not having luck with this bag :sad: I really hope you find a perfect one!!

Macy's I think will give a list of how many of the bag are in any one store so if there are a lot of the bag you are looking for, a good SA might look for a good one for you, or is that too crazy to ask them, or too much of a hassle to pull off.

For example SF had 19 of a black borough I was looking for recently, which seems like would give you pretty good odds to get a bag without issues....that is if you can find that many mini purple brooklyn's at any one store.

There are only 2 Macy's nearby. 1 is sold out and the other had 3 that were all in bad shape :sad: my only option is to wait for them to get more in stock.

Don't give up! My purple iris was very dry when I got it so I put moisturizer on it and it looks good now. Besides that it looks great! Now my loganberry is a different story. It's got some white marks on it and it's not perfect. It's not that noticeable so I'm keeping it, mostly because I just don't feel like going through the whole return process. I'm sorry you are not having luck with this bag :sad: I really hope you find a perfect one!!

Mine has some white flecks on the smooth leather. I'm just wondering since some of these look so bad in the store what will they look like after 3 months or more of use?

This is horrible. I'm still waiting on my Brooklyn to arrive from Macys. It better be okay. I don't see why they can't have another store ship to you after having someone inspect it and make sure it's good.

I think the one SA thought I was nuts. She said scratches and scuffs don't matter because that will happen with use anyway. I guess I'm crazy for wanting a new bag to look new!! At least the other SA was nice and understood.

I think the one SA thought I was nuts. She said scratches and scuffs don't matter because that will happen with use anyway. I guess I'm crazy for wanting a new bag to look new!! At least the other SA was nice and understood.
OMG! You should have scratched and scuffed her to see if they don't matter. Really? :nogood: