Different Types of Chanel Leather Bags?

Nefredity

I Love My 000 Rocks!
O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
There's caviar that looks like pebble-ish, calf skin like cambon reporter which is very smooth, deerskin close to caviar but a little bit smoother and not that pebble-ishy......correct me if i am wrong please! what else there?
and how about luxury line? what kind of leather? thanks!

there's lambskin, usually some of the priciest and softest leather
deerskin - a little more durable than lambskin
calfskin - still more durable, this is what Luxe is from I believe

then what you already listed plus some exotics like ostrich . . .

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between calfskin, grained calfskin, lambskin, and caviar? Is grained calfskin, caviar?

Calfskin is made from cows. Grained calfskin is another way to call caviar. Caviar is a pebbled calf, which you can think of as a pattern pressed onto the calf. Lambskin is made from sheep.

I agree, same animal. But reason would explain why no 2 are really ever the "same". Same animal, but different body ;)
Chanel also changes it's method over the years so today's caviar is different than caviar in 2010 and different than 2006.....

There's caviar that looks like pebble-ish, calf skin like cambon reporter which is very smooth, deerskin close to caviar but a little bit smoother and not that pebble-ishy......correct me if i am wrong please! what else there?
and how about luxury line? what kind of leather? thanks!

lambskin, which is the super soft leather, goatskin, as far as normal leather and not exotics