Question re; canceling a transaction

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I listed an item. Bidder that won messaged me it was a mistake so we did the agreement to cancel tranaction. I re-listed. Got a msg this morning (4 hrs before auction ends) she wants to retract her bid be cause item is tarnished and she wants like new because it's a gift. It's in my description that item is tarnished. Anyway, she couldn't retract her bid because it was less then 12 hrs to auction end so of course she won and doesn't want it. If I submit another agree to cancel transaction will this go against me in any way since it's 2 in a row? These buyers need to learn to review what they are buying or suck it up and pay. I've never backed our of an auction I won because I overlooked something. I sucked it up and paid.

I listed an item. Bidder that won messaged me it was a mistake so we did the agreement to cancel tranaction. I re-listed. Got a msg this morning (4 hrs before auction ends) she wants to retract her bid be cause item is tarnished and she wants like new because it's a gift. It's in my description that item is tarnished. Anyway, she couldn't retract her bid because it was less then 12 hrs to auction end so of course she won and doesn't want it. If I submit another agree to cancel transaction will this go against me in any way since it's 2 in a row? These buyers need to learn to review what they are buying or suck it up and pay. I've never backed our of an auction I won because I overlooked something. I sucked it up and paid.

Wait.....sellers get dinged for cancelled transactions? I didn't know this. If anything the buyer should wear the strike not the seller.

I've had numerous buyers bid and then ask to cancel because they've changed their mind. So frustrating. I didn't think this had any effect on my seller account.

I also thought every bid on eBay was binding. Like you, I've gone through with purchases even when I've changed my mind or I've overlooked something. At the end of the day, I put that bid in. I need to go through with it and pay up.

As long as your reason for canceling cites the buyer as the reason, you will not get a defect. If you select "item out of stock," "lost," or anything along those lines that indicate you are responsible, you will get a defect and it will be very difficult to remove, if not impossible. Even selecting "buyer and seller disagreed over terms" is okay.

As long as your reason for canceling cites the buyer as the reason, you will not get a defect. If you select "item out of stock," "lost," or anything along those lines that indicate you are responsible, you will get a defect and it will be very difficult to remove, if not impossible. Even selecting "buyer and seller disagreed over terms" is okay.

Phew! Mine are always 'buyer changed their mind'

Thanks for clarifying 😊

Can someone tell me (since you were on the topic) :smile: if buyer's habits are tracked by eBay with the cancelled sales? I understand why sellers would fudge their reasonings due to dings but I bought something and paid that the seller later on said was out of stock and a mistake to list.. ugh. He refunded me and sent a cancellation that read 'buyer doesn't want the item.' Ummm, it should have been seller ran out of stock so does eBay track buyers like that? I don't want a 'buyer backed out' ding when it wasn't true whatsoever. Just curious, I guess I don't mind canceling this way if it won't affect me at all. Thanks!

Can someone tell me (since you were on the topic) :smile: if buyer's habits are tracked by eBay with the cancelled sales? I understand why sellers would fudge their reasonings due to dings but I bought something and paid that the seller later on said was out of stock and a mistake to list.. ugh. He refunded me and sent a cancellation that read 'buyer doesn't want the item.' Ummm, it should have been seller ran out of stock so does eBay track buyers like that? I don't want a 'buyer backed out' ding when it wasn't true whatsoever. Just curious, I guess I don't mind canceling this way if it won't affect me at all. Thanks!

I don't know if eBay tracks cancellations or not, but I would not agree with that cancellation based on the fact that the seller isn't being honest on the request.