What is your workhorse Bal and what is your museum piece Bal?

My first Bal was an 07 Sienna City that i bought in *bay at random (i just liked the color). At that time, I was not aware of the different leathers (thickness, chevre/agneau, rarity of colors etc). It became my workhorse bal until I realized i couldn't easily buy another one once it gets used up! Fast forward a few months... Now, all my Bals feel like museum pieces coz every purchase are well thought of. Most of em are from yesteryear chevre or limited editions & i'm scared to use em. DH would ask what good my Bals are if i don't use them? My workhorse would end up being a non-bal nylon bag! Coz every time my toddler pulls on a tassle, my heart aches. And buying doubles is next to impossible these days. I might just follow Clevercats's example and buy a Hamilton for a workhorse!

By the way everyone, it would be great if you can post pictures of your workhorse and museum pieces. :smile:

My first Bal was an 07 Sienna City that i bought in *bay at random (i just liked the color). At that time, I was not aware of the different leathers (thickness, chevre/agneau, rarity of colors etc). It became my workhorse bal until I realized i couldn't easily buy another one once it gets used up! Fast forward a few months... Now, all my Bals feel like museum pieces coz every purchase are well thought of. Most of em are from yesteryear chevre or limited editions & i'm scared to use em. DH would ask what good my Bals are if i don't use them? My workhorse would end up being a non-bal nylon bag! Coz every time my toddler pulls on a tassle, my heart aches. And buying doubles is next to impossible these days. I might just follow Clevercats's example and buy a Hamilton for a workhorse!

By the way everyone, it would be great if you can post pictures of your workhorse and museum pieces. :smile:

I agree with everyone posting pictures:graucho: I would love to see all your Bal bags Prada 143. Please consider doing a thread for us all to drool:biggrin:

This is a great thread!

workhorse: 2004 marron city, 2005 black city, 2003 olive PH first

museum: 2001 black le dix FBF, never used. 2002 black FBH never used. They could literally be museum pieces since they've never been actually used. I have doubles of each that I do use, but these two I just take out of dust bags and admire. Crazy I know....

Oh yes, for sure....ACTUAL museum pieces. Not museum-like. How cool.
I didn't know that they were this quality, never used, and that you have back-ups that you do use.
You have always been a top level collector of rare bags, but this? This is a whole new level.

All of this ^ amazing.

I agree with the ladies beauxgoris:biggrin:. Your museum bags are truly actual museum pieces:graucho: How incredible amazing! I would love to see a side by side picture of them. Maybe one time when you take them out for a gaze:cool:

And, I happen to love your work horse bags, too:graucho: You have excellent taste and collection of B bags. You collect the way I would if I had the funds:biggrin:. I love the back up,bags! Brillant:biggrin:

I agree with the ladies beauxgoris:biggrin:. Your museum bags are truly actual museum pieces:graucho: How incredible amazing! I would love to see a side by side picture of them. Maybe one time when you take them out for a gaze:cool:

And, I happen to love your work horse bags, too:graucho: You have excellent taste and collection of B bags. You collect the way I would if I had the funds:biggrin:. I love the back up,bags! Brillant:biggrin:

Aww thank you Greengoddess8 - I will take a photo soon. I'm bad at that these days. I used to photograph my whole collection, but it's been many years since I updated that thread. I don't know how my collection got so big - honestly it kind of snuck up on me. Sometimes I think I should minimize, but then I think there are bags I'd never be able to find again: all the FB, rouge theatre bags, pistachio, etc. On the upside I don't plan to carry any other bags for the rest of my life :roflmfao: so I guess that's a good thing, right?

Aww thank you Greengoddess8 - I will take a photo soon. I'm bad at that these days. I used to photograph my whole collection, but it's been many years since I updated that thread. I don't know how my collection got so big - honestly it kind of snuck up on me. Sometimes I think I should minimize, but then I think there are bags I'd never be able to find again: all the FB, rouge theatre bags, pistachio, etc. On the upside I don't plan to carry any other bags for the rest of my life :roflmfao: so I guess that's a good thing, right?

I SO relate to your post! :smile: My collection snuck up on me too, and over the years I have stopped doing alot of reveals etc, (I was never very good or diligent at it anyway. :P) I have been buying balenciaga since 2005 and have never sold a bag. I gave some away here and there, but mostly still have my entire 9 year collection. :cool:

I hate taking photos because I am a perfectionist and I hate it when the color is not showing up right etc. :P

Reactions: cate22
Workhorses: 16 ME Town in black, 17 S City Blackout in Grey, 13 UV Pompon
Museum Piece: 05 Day in Sky Blue -- it's not the style nor leather, it's the color I'm most afraid of, it's still very saturated and I fear what the sun will do to it. I hope to carry it a few times this spring.

Reactions: PikaboICU
Work horse Bals are my 03 blue First, and 01 black caribou First.

The blue because I live in jeans and the color just freakin’ matches. The pebbled black because it is indestructible. It’s one of the few that daily use use won’t show! It’s a super tough little bag.

Trying to get some of the museum pieces into rotation. Not very successful so far. Some are just too pretty to work. :girlsigh: